Welcome to Gaia! ::

Panic! At The Disco Fan Guild

Back to Guilds

A place for Panic! At The Disco fans to gather and discuss. 

Tags: Panic! At The Disco, Brendon Urie, Music 

Reply PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild
RYAN AND KELTIE=DONE Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

how does this make you feel?
  AWWWWW NOOOO D:
  THERE IS HOPE FOR ME YET!
  i really don't care
View Results

Lucky Mysterious

2,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Fri Feb 27, 2009 9:07 am
Polyphonic Twilight
PrimeOdd
Polyphonic Twilight

[Unless, of course, it turns out that Keltie is just a b***h and made this all up to get attention, and Ryan is actually perfectly innocent. In that case, I'd definitely think it was wrong! But I really doubt that's what happened... Like I said though, it's hard to judge without having Ryan's side of the story.]

I've wondered if maybe Ryan and Keltie are actually still going out -- but came up with this plan to have everyone back off of their relationship and Keltie so that she could get out of such a large spotlight. surprised That'd be so mean, though. If Ryan actually did something like that, I'd be suprised.
I thought that too, at first. But I don't think they'd take it so far.
idea

Meh, that would be highly inappropiate and the only thing you would get out of it is that everybody's pissed off at you when it's found out.

And TBH, I don't think they're THAT much in the spotlight.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:16 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
PrimeOdd
When you are in the public eye, everything you ever say is said to the press. It doesn't matter where you say it, how you say it, or to whom saying it to...it's always toward the press -- purposfully or not. Hypothetically, if Keltie was the one that cheated on Ryan, would it be alright for him to stand up on stage in front of a crowd of thousands upon thousands of people and say that Keltie is an a**? Would that his place? It's the same exact thing. Just because she wrote it down on a computer screen in her own personal blog -- it doesn't make it any different than the Killers insulting Panic in a personal interview, or even myself standing in Lemonjellos under the spotlight and calling my ex boyfriend an a**. When you throw something out there like that to the public, it's for whoever hears it.

BTW, Keltie was in the public eye before she ever met Ryan. And you're right, it is her right to post in her own blog -- but it just kind of shows what kind of girl she is to say something so personal to her and Ryan in front of an endless amount of people. [[not that I'm a Keltie hater -- I love the girl.]] I feel embarressed for her that she's putting herself in such a terrible position.

I don't know how to judge the Hayley thing, because I wasn't aware of anything that happened like that. O.o That's the first time I heard of it. So, you better not think I'm a hypocrite. D=

And about that last part -- no. People shouldn't date celebrities that don't care about the amount of power they have while controlling a large fanbase. People shouldn't date those that forget that whatever they say is in the public eye.
I still don't think it's the same thing. Ryan is on stage with a band, and at that moment he's supposed to represent the band. So talking about what an a** his ex is would be inappropriate. If he were a solo artist though, I wouldn't have a problem with it.

What kind of girl is she, then? And what "terrible position" is she in? So she talked s**t about Ryan. Some people will love her for it, some people will hate her for it. That applies to anything she would post about though. They're are always fans and they're are always haters.

I really just don't see why it matters what she does and doesn't write about...

I didn't mean you were a hypocrite or all Hayley fans were, I just kind of mean like, the general fanbase seems to be. I think if things were the other way around, and Ryan had a blog and he wrote about Keltie cheating on him, a lot less people would be upset about it.

I wouldn't consider Keltie a celebrity. She's only known in the dance-world, it's not like most people have heard of her. Sure she's in the public eye a bit, but I doubt any press reads her blog. Ryan and Keltie weren't exactly a couple the media really cared about..

When you're in a band, or in a dance group (any sport, etc), you are representing that at all times. You are who you are, no matter what time of the day it is or where you are.

What kind of a person? She's the type of person that enjoys letting the whole world know about her drama. She loves attention - and would do ANYTHING for it - even if that means talking s**t about a man she once loved.

Of course a lot less people would be upset about it if it were the other way around. But that's not the way it is.

Poly, are you kidding?! The New York Rocketts are hella famous.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:19 pm
Lucky Mysterious
Being a rockstar is no excuse tho. Cheating is a nasty thing and you should break up if you really feel like seeing someone else.

But it's blown way out of proportion. I can imagine she's hurt, but I personally wouldn't post it on my blog and make a big thing about it (it happens love).

I'm not glad about Ryan doing this. But he's also human and ah well, he made a mistake, it's not that big of a deal.

The celebrity world is a lot different than our world. Why else would their marraiges last less than two years usually? I don't think it's our place to judge.

All we know that is he's a rockstar, and is living a different life than any of us.

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 3:21 pm
Lucky Mysterious
Polyphonic Twilight
PrimeOdd
Polyphonic Twilight

[Unless, of course, it turns out that Keltie is just a b***h and made this all up to get attention, and Ryan is actually perfectly innocent. In that case, I'd definitely think it was wrong! But I really doubt that's what happened... Like I said though, it's hard to judge without having Ryan's side of the story.]

I've wondered if maybe Ryan and Keltie are actually still going out -- but came up with this plan to have everyone back off of their relationship and Keltie so that she could get out of such a large spotlight. surprised That'd be so mean, though. If Ryan actually did something like that, I'd be suprised.
idea

Meh, that would be highly inappropiate and the only thing you would get out of it is that everybody's pissed off at you when it's found out.

Oh, of course. They've only sold hundreds of thousands of albums world wide. Not that much in the spotlight at all. burning_eyes

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

takashi_sahoko

2,850 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 5:00 pm
PrimeOdd

When you're in a band, or in a dance group (any sport, etc), you are representing that at all times. You are who you are, no matter what time of the day it is or where you are.

What kind of a person? She's the type of person that enjoys letting the whole world know about her drama. She loves attention - and would do ANYTHING for it - even if that means talking s**t about a man she once loved.

Of course a lot less people would be upset about it if it were the other way around. But that's not the way it is.

Poly, are you kidding?! The New York Rocketts are hella famous.

The New York Rocketts are reallllyyyyy famous...
for their signature high kicks. Sorry its just something I remembered from the video with Keltie yeah...
I respect Keltie for her dancing abilities and all that she has gone through while being with Ryan. But let's not forget, there are other girls who has gone through the same thing as Keltie. They might not be equally well known as her, but she's not the only one who went through being cheated at. And though the main media may not read her blog, there are many people in the world who do. Just because we as people in general or fan what ever you want to call us, can't have the power to just go and say Hey I wanna write an article about the break up of the Panic At The Disco guitarist with his girlfriend or I wanna exploit this break-up, we as fans can still get the word around. I think that the fan media would be bigger than the main media itself. She wants to vent fine, but if she doesn't want the criticism that she's receiving now, she should stop acting like the whining little person or attention seeking person that she has become over the past few weeks.

And @Poly
I guess as big fans of Panic At The Disco (dedicating our lives to them!xD) we tend to blow things out of proportion. Like this breakup in fact. It's somewhat blown out of proportion. We as a guild are arguing about this. But you have to admit that this is big new (to us atleast), as unbiased fans about the Panic boys' relationships, its just such a big deal to us when one of the boys' girlfriend or ex for that matter talk s**t about them after they broke up. Is it normal for an ex to do that especially after getting cheated on? Sure, but we never expected Keltie who talks about being private, to do such a thing. And I think that's why to us it does matter what she writes about. And yes if Ryan did have a blog and said something about Keltie cheating on him there might be a lot of people less upset or more upset. Depends on your perspective. Keltie isn't a celebrity, but if you consider who she has worked for and the kinds of gigs she has done, she's on her way of becoming one. aheeem (NY Nicks, MY Rockettes). She's a celebrity to fans of the band or Ryan, and those fans are the ones that are going to be talking about this....
----
I don't know if my whole post made sense or not. I'm running on 2 hours worth of sleep. :<

PostPosted: Sat Feb 28, 2009 8:32 pm
@ Taka: 3nodding heart

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

Polyphonic Twilight

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 12:11 pm
I disagree, but I don't feel like arguing about it anymore...

The only thing else I want to say is: Yeah, the Rockettes are famous (in the US only btw) but the individual dancers aren't. And being famous doesn't necessarily mean you're in the spotlight. Pete Wentz is in the spotlight. Ryan Ross, not that much. Keltie & Ryan weren't one of those couples everyone was paying attention to. How many people who aren't Panic fans have ever heard about them? Probably not many.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 2:27 pm
Polyphonic Twilight
I disagree, but I don't feel like arguing about it anymore...

The only thing else I want to say is: Yeah, the Rockettes are famous (in the US only btw) but the individual dancers aren't. And being famous doesn't necessarily mean you're in the spotlight. Pete Wentz is in the spotlight. Ryan Ross, not that much. Keltie & Ryan weren't one of those couples everyone was paying attention to. How many people who aren't Panic fans have ever heard about them? Probably not many.

Yeah.  

VickyT_089

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2009 3:20 pm
The individual dancers are still representing the Rocketts, and are still much more famous than any of us.

Being famous does pretty much mean you're in the spotlight. gonk People look up to you and bow down to you. Whether your on the news or not doesn't really matter. I mean, how often is a band like ACDC on the news? Almost never. But does that mean that they're not in the spotlight? They're still one of the greatest bands of all time.

Yeah, probably not that many non-Panic fans have heard of Keltie and Ryan dating. But how many Panic fans are there? Manymanymanymanymany.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 4:00 pm
PrimeOdd
The individual dancers are still representing the Rocketts, and are still much more famous than any of us.

Being famous does pretty much mean you're in the spotlight. gonk People look up to you and bow down to you. Whether your on the news or not doesn't really matter. I mean, how often is a band like ACDC on the news? Almost never. But does that mean that they're not in the spotlight? They're still one of the greatest bands of all time.

Yeah, probably not that many non-Panic fans have heard of Keltie and Ryan dating. But how many Panic fans are there? Manymanymanymanymany.

I understand where you're coming from and I'm not trying to be mean to you or anything but, you can be a Panic fan without knowing that Ryan and Keltie were dating.
Im just saying though.  

VickyT_089

Kylie the Cumbie

PostPosted: Mon Mar 02, 2009 5:26 pm
VickyT_089
PrimeOdd

I understand where you're coming from and I'm not trying to be mean to you or anything but, you can be a Panic fan without knowing that Ryan and Keltie were dating.
Im just saying though.

Yeah.
Like those fans that don't check up on the media and only listen to their music.
:/

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 11:47 am
PrimeOdd
Lucky Mysterious
Polyphonic Twilight
PrimeOdd
Polyphonic Twilight

idea

Oh, of course. They've only sold hundreds of thousands of albums world wide. Not that much in the spotlight at all. burning_eyes

Like some people already pointed out: there's a difference between being famous and being in the spotlight.

I still think the guys still manage to have pretty much of a private life.

Go to any average concert of Panic in Europe and over half of the people there won't know the ins and outs about Panic, but are just there for their Music.

Yes, their relationship and break up is moving Panic fans, but it's not like a Brad Pitt-Jeniffer Aniston thing.

When it comes to Celebrity realtionships: my opinion is that most of the time, they're not that different xD. It's just the Britney Spearses in the world that have created a stereotype image.

Lucky Mysterious

2,650 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Signature Look 250

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:01 pm
VickyT_089
PrimeOdd

Im just saying though.

That's true too. And I understand that. But even discluding them, there are still A TON of people that keep up on all the Panic news online.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 1:04 pm
Lucky Mysterious
PrimeOdd
Lucky Mysterious
Polyphonic Twilight
PrimeOdd
Polyphonic Twilight

idea

Like some people already pointed out: there's a difference between being famous and being in the spotlight.

I still think the guys still manage to have pretty much of a private life.

Go to any average concert of Panic in Europe and over half of the people there won't know the ins and outs about Panic, but are just there for their Music.

Yes, their relationship and break up is moving Panic fans, but it's not like a Brad Pitt-Jeniffer Aniston thing.

When it comes to Celebrity realtionships: my opinion is that most of the time, they're not that different xD. It's just the Britney Spearses in the world that have created a stereotype image.

I don't think any of us should be judging this right now, honestly. Even myself included. Because we have no idea what s**t they go through to keep their lives private; just to assume that it's easy for them to do that isn't right on our part. For instance, one time personal pictures of Brendon's family were leaked on the band's forum on their website and Brendon posted how he was quite upset about it and wanted us all to leave his family alone.

So, for those of you that don't think Panic's personal lives are private, I don't think you realize how easily that could change, or how much is already public.

PrimeOdd
Vice Captain

jordanlaag

PostPosted: Tue Mar 03, 2009 4:26 pm
GoodbyeLights

If you thought your boyfriend cheated on you, I'm pretty sure you'll be mad, too, and vent it out on a blog or whatever.

But I'm sure there is a little craving for attention and drama from Keltie on this..

If I thought my boyfriend cheated on my I'd vent to my friends, not on a blog, because I don't like my personal business all up out there. and yeah, if I were to post it it wouldn't be a big deal because only five or ten people would see it. She has tons of followers.

PanicChic2005

I understand that she's upset about it.
But Jesus Christ, enough already.
We get it.
You're hurt.
But people are sick of hearing it.

There's really no need to wear a Team Keltie shirt.
Jeez.

Agreed.

music is living
PanicChic2005
There's really no need to wear a Team Keltie shirt.

haha. I think I'm going to make a Team Ryan shirt like the one's for twilight. lol. Sorry, If I offended anyone by making a joke but it's just what I do. I make jokes when I don't really want to think about it. sad

I have a Team Jon shirt I wore to the show when Brent left the band. Loves it<3

VickyT_089
Ironically boys will be boys.

Note: Keltie deleted everything bad she said about Ryan from her blog. As far as I can tell she's past it. And she took Hobo. D:
And from the looks of weresoblogging and Ryan's twitter we're not going to get and explanation, so looks like everything's up in the air now.

PANIC At The Disco Fan Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff