Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
Is it possible to 'become' Goth? Or is just natural? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Tue Jan 29, 2008 7:01 pm
GilAskan
XWraith_LordX
GilAskan
DR490N
i cant stop being goth. im sad to say that the vast majority of the kids in here arent really goth, and have no idea of what makes a person goth, however. intelligence is one of the key factors, and a passion for literature and dark things. these are aspects of my psyche i feel will never change.

Unfortunately, that seems to be the case.
This guild is open to everyone...hopefully others will influence them in a positive way...then they can stop thinking they're something not. (No offense meant.)

No offense taken, assuming that your "No offense" was towards me.

Honestly, I wish we could get more non-goths into the guild. Having nothing but goths who agree with each other? What would we do? Sit around saying "Yeah" to whatever topic someone started?

The offense was to anyone who might be offended for whatever reason...I was talking about the people who think they're goth...

I see what you mean...We should get some others in here...Let's reach out to other communities. "Come for in-depth and thought prevoking conversations in our extended discussion forums" or "Have a question about the culture? Come and recieve answers from a friendly and tolerant communtiy!" Hopefully they will be friendly and tolerant. Maybe we could even get a better street rep. from this...  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 5:49 pm
I don't know if one can be born goth....
but i've always been into dark and spooky stuff. and there have always been spooky people in the world.
except recently, there has been a wave ts been there, and g alwayhat combines the forms of gothic expresion tha have always been there such as writing and art and just that attitude, and combined it with the punk subculture, thus giving it a clothing style, a music style, and a name to which society can blame all it's problems on....  

Ri_Ri

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 3:30 pm
Ri_Ri
I don't know if one can be born goth....
but i've always been into dark and spooky stuff. and there have always been spooky people in the world.
except recently, there has been a wave ts been there, and g alwayhat combines the forms of gothic expresion tha have always been there such as writing and art and just that attitude, and combined it with the punk subculture, thus giving it a clothing style, a music style, and a name to which society can blame all it's problems on....

I guess I'm the exception then, I was born goth, raised goth and rebelled by going metal. But I still have goth tendencies encoded into my genetic make up.  
PostPosted: Sun Apr 06, 2008 8:51 pm
I've always been goth, loved black and everything i rember i use to steal my motheras creed albums when i was little and listen to them. Also use to have a rock tape and i listened to it so much that it eventually broke. Watched my first hooror film when i was six (primal instinct) first black shirt when I was seven wore it till you could see through it. Nah for gothis are born not made eleven years later my mother is fanatical christian i flipped off the cross and went pagan, i listen to metal and industrial. I scare my nieghbors and fellow classmates. So yeah I've come a bit of a way from my old days  

Hunter of the Dammed

Simim

5,750 Points
  • Forum Junior 100
  • Citizen 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Apr 07, 2008 6:13 pm
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
IMO, you can "become" a goth, but you cannot "learn" to be a goth.
If you become a goth, you become a goth. It happens naturally.
If not, you can't learn it. Haha, too bad.

Simim

PostPosted: Mon May 12, 2008 3:34 pm
There are many "posers" in the world. I believe a lifestyle (such as goth, gay, whatever) is natural to a person. I was born a "goth" (as many say, I prefer "myself", but for the sake of argument) as much as I was born to be in the Army.  

metalfandragula

Strawberry Bunny Magician

PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:31 pm
I'd say both because you need to feel your right choice and you also can choose wether you want to become goth or not.Like let's say you want to become goth and you don't even have a thing that it takes to be goth you somehow feel your going the wrong way and decide to change ways and become goth.Some just get led into goth by their life style.  
PostPosted: Tue May 13, 2008 7:34 pm
Simim
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
IMO, you can "become" a goth, but you cannot "learn" to be a goth.
If you become a goth, you become a goth. It happens naturally.
If not, you can't learn it. Haha, too bad.

I disagree because you have a choice which way you want to point your ways.They don't come to you,you come to them.

Strawberry Bunny Magician

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 10:51 am
X-MissSpookeyness-X
Death Is In Love With Us

I think goth more is
a state of mind

And The Reaper Holds Our Hearts

Warning:

You may soon get flamed by people with less self control than I.  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:14 pm
I don't dress any particular way, though I'd love to wear goth clothes. But I was born with the attitude for it.  

Madness Satire

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Jul 08, 2008 5:38 pm
GilAskan
X-MissSpookeyness-X
Death Is In Love With Us

I think goth more is
a state of mind

Warning:

Actually, I think Hunter is in more danger of that than she is.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 2:01 pm
-Resurrected Writer-
GilAskan
X-MissSpookeyness-X
Death Is In Love With Us

I think goth more is
a state of mind

Warning:

I didn't even read his. I stopped a few statements in.  

GilAskan
Crew

Keevan Draco

PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 3:53 pm
is it possible to become goth? yes...
Do people become goth naturally? yes...
Are some people goth by birth? Yes...

The first happens by observation and assimilation. Wether it be by the media, or other people, we see things we think are cool, hip, or unique and seek to emulate those qualities in our own lives. eventually, through the course of assimilation, a few individuals will understand and "get it" and then their conversion to the dark side will be complete. They will understand the why, how, who, what, when, and where of the goth lifestyle and follow it through the rest of their lives.....or not, unless something better or newer comes along their way....Emo is a good example....it's caffine free goth light with razorblades. Very few people stay in the goth lifestyle following this path, as there is always some new flavor of the month to try, brought to you by your local digital satellite provider.

The second happens whenever someone experiences some form of tragedy in their lives which they cannot move on from....deaths in the family, deaths of friends, deaths of things they hold dear that leave a mark upon their soul that they never recover from, and they view the world through darker eyes until it becomes beautiful...this happens frequently and often today, and usually will become a phase of life for some as they move on to happier pastures.

The third happens to individuals who were raised by goth influenced parents. They grow up in the culture as babybats, watching their parents movements and behavior patterns, modes of dress, ect. until they reach a certain age in life where they either follow in their parents footsteps, or rebel utterly and follow a different course in life...there are very few of these in the world left....a pity.  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 09, 2008 8:53 pm
GilAskan
-Resurrected Writer-
GilAskan
X-MissSpookeyness-X
Death Is In Love With Us

I think goth more is
a state of mind

Warning:

I didn't even read his. I stopped a few statements in.

Good choice.  

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out