Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

abandoned_nr_5448214

Gambino Gaian

PostPosted: Sat Oct 17, 2009 10:31 am
Aww, this brings bad memories D:
I once began to write a story, but didn't get very far before I had to put it aside. Once I could go back to it I noticed it was practically crap, and started to rewrite it. And I managed to catch up with the old writing.
And the flashdrive it was stored on was stolen OTL (together with a very important school assignment, but that was easier to restore)

After that I kinda lost the energy to write on the story again, and it has been frozen ever since. I'm now working on redoing it yet again, but it doesn't feel nearly as good as the first time since it doesn't feel like I ever get anywhere XD

Maybe I should stick to short stories...  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:39 pm
Aoccdrnig to a rscheearch at Cmabrigde Uinervtisy, it dseno't mtaetr in waht oerdr the ltteres in a wrod are, the olny iproamtnt tihng is taht the frsit and lsat ltteer be in the rghit pclae. Tihs is bcuseae the huamn mnid deos not raed ervey lteter by istlef, but the wrod as a wlohe. If you can raed tihs, psot it to yuor wlal. Olny 55% of plepoe can.

^_^  

evolvingwolf

Isaiah Moretti

PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 10:53 pm
@ Wolf: I love those things. I've seen eighteen different messages in that exact same format and it amuses me to no end when I show my friends and they have absolutely no idea what is written.

@ the topic of computer crashes: Three separate flashdrives, each containing backups of every story I've ever had on my crash-happy desktop computer or either of my netbooks, and an external hard drive containing duplicates of every file I've ever held on any computer, public or private.

I despise my desktop. The damned thing ate two completely finished, edited, ready-to-send-off-to-publisher novels the day I bought enough printer paper to print out two hard copies of each, and obliterated every other word document stored in my user files. My parents threatened to sedate me if I didn't calm down - they said Don't worry, dear, they're just stories. You can rewrite them.

grrowl. I still mourn their loss, as I still have yet to rework what I lost. My first netbook was hacked by an unhappy ex and my new netbook is being treated like porcelain. Everything gets duplicated and saved in numerous untouchable places.  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 30, 2009 2:43 pm
@ Seriah Belacqua: I can't say I've ever felt that kind of pain for anything. When I lose stories I only lose a few pages. I'm so sorry about that. It sound positively horrid! gonk  

Writer Selbe

Invisible Conversationalist

General Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas