Welcome to Gaia! ::

Unashamed - A Christian Discussion Guild

Back to Guilds

Tags: Christian, Discussion, Religion, Theology, Philosophy 

[OFF-TOPIC] Post here, earn gold!!!!! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Knatalie9

PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 4:42 pm
Paranormal Zombiiie
Fushigi na Butterfly
Paranormal Zombiiie
Knatalie9
I liked the books wayyy better though. hands down. burning_eyes

That will be my winter break, LOL reading twillight.

Noooooo we can't talk about it I hasn't seen it yet. >D Sometime next week though. xd

They die in the end...
Opps. xP

No one dies! Don't listen!!! stressed  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:19 pm
Oh, I've read all the books, so I know what all happens, it's just that the movie is supposedly very different from the book, and it's kinda like getting a new perspective on it. I don't know, I'm weird. sweatdrop  

Fushigi na Butterfly

High-functioning Businesswoman

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:21 pm
By the way, I just changed the thread title. I think whoever has thread renaming abilities should just feel free to change the title as they like. ^-^  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:24 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Oh, I've read all the books, so I know what all happens, it's just that the movie is supposedly very different from the book, and it's kinda like getting a new perspective on it. I don't know, I'm weird. sweatdrop

It just goes faster. too fast. sad You can't get the feel for the relatiosnhip at all! Dx  

Knatalie9

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 6:32 pm
Psh, what relationship? The creepy stalker one where Edward says Bella is stupid and doesn't know anything and can't see her friends, especially not her guy ones, and takes the engine out of her truck so she can't go anywhere? That's not a relationship; that's abuse. xd  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 03, 2008 7:59 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
Psh, what relationship? The creepy stalker one where Edward says Bella is stupid and doesn't know anything and can't see her friends, especially not her guy ones, and takes the engine out of her truck so she can't go anywhere? That's not a relationship; that's abuse. xd

lol. But she is "his own personal brand of heroin"

If that isn't obsession I don't know what is! lol  

Knatalie9

Edith Puthie

Lunatic

PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 7:03 am
I HAVENT READ THE BOOKS XP  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 04, 2008 2:47 pm
Then get to it! lol. The books are super good. xD

a little corny... a little girly... but still entertaining!  

Knatalie9

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:13 am
Twighlight fans, I laugh at thee! Have at you! *assumes fencing pose*

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Idh9VlQljw

I think I might actually boycott it completely.

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 9:47 am
well with a video like that... I might join you... lol

But I still think the books are good. razz  

Knatalie9

The Amazing Ryuu
Captain

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 10:55 am
...I think I've outgrown my vampire phase. Anne Rice kinda... well, castrated them. Now the only vampires that get written about are the gay boyfriends of lonely emo girls or the ones that are so bestial as to not be human anymore. Not to mention that in all the ads the actor of the main vampire does, he doesn't really sound at all enthused about the movie or his part in it. I put Twilight in the same catagory as Eragon: a mediocre movie based off a medicre book.

I want Dracula back. Or even Christopher Pike's vampires. Anything that takes after Anne Rice is really just redundant at this point.

(Not that I'm saying that anyone who likes the books is a lonely emo kid. Directly anyhow. wink ))  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:15 am
Knatalie9
Fushigi na Butterfly

It just goes faster. too fast. sad You can't get the feel for the relatiosnhip at all! Dx
you forgot to say the acting was horrible and the ballet studio scene was almost completely rewritten.  

Gerbil_of_the_Vashness

Lady Loiterer

saki_hanajima7

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 7:32 pm
K is Twilight really worth all the fuss? I know all my friends are obsessed with it but i've never read the books nor do I have any desire to see the movie. That girl looks like a terrible actor in the previews.
Fun fact: the author is a Mormon. I'm pretty sure she lives in Salt Lake City, like me. It's kind of wierd, since I've heard the new book especially has some graphicness.....  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 8:13 pm
@Knatalie9: I can enjoy the books for what they are: badly written teen vampire romance-angst. I can enjoy them only because I don't take them seriously. xd

@ryuu: Trufax! My vampires aren't like that at all though. Well, some of them are .... equal opportunity lovers, but others just have attitudes and that makes them awesome. I have a suicidal one (and he's angsty not because he hates being a vampire, but because he feels guilty for killing his wife D: ) And omg, I miss Christopher Pike books. D:

@saki: I like to joke that SMeyer wrote the books when her husband was off with his other wife, since it's nothing but a Mary Sue masturbation fantasy. sweatdrop The new book meaning Breaking Dawn? It's not nearly as graphic as the first three. In fact, the only sex was mentioned after the fact in the form of broken headboards and bitten pillows. 8D It was so anticlimactic. -headdesk-

Fushigi na Butterfly

7,000 Points
  • Swap Meet 100
  • Millionaire 200
  • Tycoon 200

Priestley

PostPosted: Fri Dec 05, 2008 11:04 pm
Fushigi na Butterfly
@saki: I like to joke that SMeyer wrote the books when her husband was off with his other wife, since it's nothing but a Mary Sue masturbation fantasy. sweatdrop The new book meaning Breaking Dawn? It's not nearly as graphic as the first three. In fact, the only sex was mentioned after the fact in the form of broken headboards and bitten pillows. 8D It was so anticlimactic. -headdesk-

I'm not normally prudish but...

...it is can be changesubjecttiemsplz? sweatdrop

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 92 93 94 95 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces