Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
How do you feel about straight pairings? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Do straight pairings annoy you?
  YES OMG TOTALLY!
  Sometimes yes and other times no
  They dont bother me
View Results

Parisian Loafer

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 4:02 pm
"It's quite the dilemma," he remarked.
User Image

I split the difference.

There are some yaoi pairings that I find completely intolerable *coughcoughRoyxEdcough* and others that should be canon like SnakeOtacon. Srsly, gais. You can't deny the sweet gay love between them.

The same goes for het; some is forced and subsequently feels fake. This is when we go into what I like to call "Fix Mode". Other pairings are perfect as is and don't need stupid yaoi fangirls interfering just because it's not hot.

Het can be hot, too. sad Sometimes.

User Image
"Choosing between hard candy and caramel isn't what most would consider a dilemma," she replied.

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2008 10:33 pm
Can I just say that the fact that the same person who made this thread making a thread complaining about fangirl discrimination made me laugh really hard.

Not to sound like an a** though.  

Pretty Pretty Priceless

Enzai Sebby3

PostPosted: Tue Dec 02, 2008 11:35 am
XIII falling stars
Can I just say that the fact that the same person who made this thread making a thread complaining about fangirl discrimination made me laugh really hard.

Not to sound like an a** though.

I get days where i'm an angry fangirl,but rarely.
In this thread i was using an example of one of those days.
Usually i'm really composed and am just like any other person with a hobby confused
No offense to your post taken ^-^

PostPosted: Thu Dec 11, 2008 2:17 pm
I think the problem with most straight pairings is that most the times the girls tend to be weak, annoying, or bitches. Why would we want someone like that with the totally awesome male characters. There needs to be more kick-a** females in anime!  

xMenollyx

Sparkly Prophet

[Ryan Azarcon]

PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 12:45 am
I tend to not really like het pairings unless there is seriously something wrong with it (I don't try either! Seriously it just happens!)

Like.. some sort of incest... or.. can't think of anything else right now.
Usually with the het pairings I like one is usually not the gender it was claiming to be. xp

For example, my favorite het pairing in Fruits Basket was Tohru and Akito.. WTF AKITO IS A GIRL. There goes my first real het pairing. Lol.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 19, 2008 11:40 am
The only time straight pairings annoy me is when it is in a yaoi/yuri; one of those "Oh he's a girl" plot twists. Otherwise it's fine. It's just another genre to me. I like yaoi, yuri and straight hentai. I like all romances except for 90% of American romance/smut novels.  

latitude_cat

6,700 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Signature Look 250
  • Invisibility 100

Yamane-chan

PostPosted: Sun Dec 21, 2008 9:06 pm
I started with straight pairing so they dont bother me but Im not as obsessed with them as yaoi. Can't say straight pairing beat my love for the intensity yaoi has.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 13, 2009 7:16 pm
I agree, some pairings make me sick, some make me angry, and then there are some that I just can't help but love... smile

Mostly though, if the pairing contains one very emo guy/genki guy and a very anyoing girl, then the tv goes out the window... scream

For instance, in InuYasha- Kagome/InuYasha or InuYasha/Kikyou stare

Frankly just seeing the mutt and that clay pot together, well, I like to keep a bucket handy. While with the brat and Mutt-boy, I really just want to drop-kick her into the nearest ditch while siting mutt to heck and back! twisted

It's all in the pairing, character, and how they behave around each other... confused

One I really don't mind and actually like is a pair like Makoto and Ito, from W Juliet. Frankly, that was a match made in heaven... heart

But anyway, they don't really bother me, it's just the people that do... rofl

User Image

OokamiValkire

3,100 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Purely Katie

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 11:33 am
User ImageConsider this as a gift as you taste him on your lips,

I found that there are some pairings I can tolerate, and some that I can't. Like in Harry Potter. Ron and Hermione just fit together, but Remus/Tonks annoys me to death. I cannot STAND Remus/Tonks. It makes me angry. I also don't like Harry/Ginny. I think that if I can find a better guy that the guy in the straight couple can be with, I tend to dislike the straight pairing. But if no other guy comes along to make up a cute couple, then it doesn't really bother me... Like Remus belongs with Sirius and Harry belongs with Draco, but Ron is just... I don't know, he's fine with Hermione. He doesn't really fit into any gay pairing.

User Image
And he's making you scream with his hands on your hips.User Image

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2009 3:56 pm
Girlie Hero
The only time straight pairings annoy me is when it is in a yaoi/yuri; one of those "Oh he's a girl" plot twists. Otherwise it's fine. It's just another genre to me. I like yaoi, yuri and straight hentai. I like all romances except for 90% of American romance/smut novels.
Fabio is not pleased.  

Pretty Pretty Priceless

-ThroughDangerUntold-

PostPosted: Thu Jan 15, 2009 6:27 am
I'd be more fond of Het pairings if the girls weren't so whiny and annoying stare
But a lot of ukes are whiny and annoying too ...
Let's just rid the world of whiny and annoying people ... xp  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 16, 2009 1:16 pm
User ImageUser Image
-------------------------------------------------
I don`t mind.
But sometimes I feel like certain male character would be better with the guy character than this other random chick in the story which they obviously have no chemistry.

-------------------------------------------------

User ImageUser Image

-II-Starlight-II-

RoysTrainer

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 3:42 pm
I cant stand straight pairs for some reason. And I'm straight. Which is weird.

PostPosted: Sun Feb 01, 2009 10:48 pm
User Image
Oh, anime... right... =/
User Image

The Seasick Sailor

Benevolent Lunatic

7,850 Points
  • Threadmaster 200
  • Lavish Tipper 200
  • Risky Lifestyle 100

kyoshiro elric

PostPosted: Mon Feb 02, 2009 5:43 pm
it doesn't really bother me except when I can find no evidence or real reasoning on why they are paired up like the ed x roy of FMA. I can't see why that pairing exists.  
The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff