Welcome to Gaia! ::

Band Nerd Guild

Back to Guilds

The coolest most awesome most BAND NERDIEST place EVER! 

Tags: band, nerd, music 

Reply Band Nerd Guild
Do you prefer marching band or concert band? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

poeticmelodies

PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 2:53 pm
This is such a hard question! I love both!!!!
I love being able to march on a field, having the music surround me, contributing and doing my best, knowing that it's all worth it. All the long hours, all the hard work, all the sweaty days of summer and cold nights of fall, it's all worth it in the end in marching band. The competitions, the football games, the rehearsals, they're all so fun and SOOOO many memories come from them!!!
In symphonic band, I really love making the music happen. I love making my fingers move and making my mind work hard when playing a high level of music. But the sad thing is, I don't remember most of the music we play. In marching band, it's one specific show for months, but in band, there's an average of ten or more pieces played a year in my school. It kinda stinks. /:
But I love band either way. Both have satisfaction and the memories taken will last a life time! :]  
PostPosted: Tue Nov 15, 2011 3:10 pm
I prefer marching band, it brings all the the four grades of people together, ships them on buses, bring them through all types of weather; and we stick together like family through it all. We play games on the buses, do sing-a-longs, hope we win competitions, encourage each other, fix each others takes, get frustrated with each other; we are like one big family. During concert season, we get separated into Upper and Lower band, so I feel like it seperates the family. For now, since I am in lower band, I only like marching band; that may change come Upper Band (cross your fingers I win my Challenge against the person above me who is in it!)  

poxto

5,600 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

wizard-fox

Tipsy Prophet

7,650 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Contributor 150
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Dec 03, 2011 11:43 am
I like to march, but I love pep band much more. When we do pep, I get to play my bass guitar.  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:28 pm
One of the woodwinds that LOOOOOVE marching band. <3  

free rainbow condoms

Dapper Informer

MiracleRayray2

Blessed Warrior

7,825 Points
  • Member 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:14 pm
if i saw this and was a freshman i would have personally said concert band. now that i am older i look forward to marching and i am very exited about this new marching season  
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 1:58 pm
I probably like Concert Season more nearing the end of Marching Season and we are all stressed and exhausted. Then at the end of Concert Season I usually start to get bored and miss marching XD. Being a Percussionist it's easy to get bored during Concert Season though lol.  

Daliaveyani

biohazard_wolf8080

Anxious Hunter

11,790 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Wed May 02, 2012 3:53 pm
MArching band all the way! I love marching!  
PostPosted: Thu May 03, 2012 3:05 pm
Marching band, hands down.  

iColor With Crayons

Regular

remy v2

Friendly Fatcat

PostPosted: Mon May 14, 2012 3:03 pm
MARCHING!
I adore playing my flute (I've had it since 5th grade, so it's not fancy or anything, but I love it so)
and you really get to know everyone a lot better in marching band.
Bus rides, late night band competitions and home football games are always fun :3

However, concert's great.
Bassoon is fun to play (super cool sound)
and I always feel cool being the minority.

PostPosted: Tue Mar 12, 2013 3:59 pm
chellybear10
i like concert band best because you can just sit and focus on the music nistead of having to make sure you dont run into anyone or anything!
Agreed! I feel as if you pay to much attention to eveything else, when the MUSIC is most important :3  

_Swagnifacent_

Newbie Genius

Megumint

Friendly Businessman

PostPosted: Mon Mar 18, 2013 6:43 pm
Marching Band is for Highschoolers and middle schoolers.

Double C's on the trumpets + Marching
=
Drum corps
FTW

Although musically, a symphonic, or a wind symphony band with strings is way beyond any marching nonsense if they are good... of course. But that's just what my band is.

But then to argue against myself, a good "marching band", "Drum Corps", takes alot of dedication and time commitment. I mean common, it's taking fancy music to the next level.

For those who don't understand what a outstanding "marching band" should look like, search up some drum corps on youtube.  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 22, 2013 9:00 pm
Marching band! For sure.
So fun. Band camp memories heart  

Ducky36521

X__ew__X

Dapper Dabbler

6,400 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Market Browser 100
  • Dressed Up 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 31, 2013 2:17 pm
Well I typically like marching season more. Being a drumline member meant that when concert season rolled around It would get boring, thankfully I switch into the woodwinds, but it still is boring haha. I like getting all thin and tan from being outside for like 8 hours or more lmao xD  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 07, 2013 12:06 pm
Well, I prefer concert band. Don't get me wrong, I love marching band, but I enjoy being able to play longer pieces and a lot of the concert music is more enjoyable for me. Marching band is cool, but i love concert season. ;3 heart

~ The Senior Trombone Captain  

xXBraty ButterflyXx

Romantic Vampire

10,300 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Somebody Likes You 100
  • Befriended 100
Band Nerd Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash