New Sol fluff Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Sun Oct 12, 2008 6:30 pm
wrote entire thing on the MAC carbine
but posted it in the wrong place and cannot find it now.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:57 am
here's some concept art that inspired me...

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Especally these for the heavy troops:
User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

I see a resemblance to the Tau stealth suits. Yet adapted by humans for use on the frontlines rather than scouts.  

Iron Wolf 85

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 12:04 pm

What's great, Iron Wolf, is that there'll already be a model for that.

There are a lot of models from that faction on this page.
]http://www.rackham.fr/index.php?option=com_content&task=blogcategory&id=51&Itemid=241

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 3:28 pm
I knew there were models, I plan to combine those with some guard or tau models to make the Republican troops.  

Iron Wolf 85

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 7:41 pm
I have been experimenting with a thing called a Lament. A cybernetic monster, inquisitoral interrigation methods do not mesh with the nannites in the systems of the troopers.
one of two things happen.
A: splody heads
B: a lament is created by the overreactive nanites.
without recharge a lament usally dies within an hour, Laments are partally to blame for the inquisition knowing so litttle about the republic.
Nah I think I'll scrap it, but people feel free to borrow it.  
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 9:56 pm

By description, it sounds like a Chaos Spawn. Actually, it sounds exactly like a Chaos Spawn. If you decide to use them, something you could do would be to pay extra points for every model in a squad to have the Lament present in their body. Then, roll a d6. If you want them, you get the Lament on a 4+. If you don't want them, they only start appearing on a 6. If you know if they're coming or not, roll a d6 for ever member of the squad. On a 4+, the Lament becomes active.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Oct 13, 2008 11:46 pm
So your guy isn't turning into one then Wolf?  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 7:47 am
I like what Caleidah said.
Lament's are born from hopelessness and pain. Hense why inquisitors often cause them.
It's not a deamon even though it resembles one. it's mutation caused by nanites, the program is put into the nanites of those who, if capruted would betray the republic's location.
However the Lament recipent has to be willing, sort of a "I know I'm weak, so go ahead" thing.
it counts as a machine, because of this the special anti-deamon powers of the inquisiton are useless.
it's stats resemble a chaos spawn but in type it's closer to the arco flaglent.  

Iron Wolf 85

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 9:40 am
The regular infantry for New Sol is the Republican Trooper.
the way I have them built is for adaptability. They normally go into combat in heavy armor (as you saw) and carrying the MAC carbine.
The MAC (magneticaly accelrated concussion) carbine is made to take various attachments such as grenade launchers or shotguns.
They can also be equipped with various grenades, standard, Emp, or shrapnel.
They can also be trained to use other weapons and armor from the armory.
the man inside the armor by himself is more expensive than your average Guardsman due the the better training, weapons, and armor. The Republic thrives on adaptability, and cannot afford to waste troops like the Imperum can. thus they prefer Quality over Quantity  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 12:35 pm
But they can be hurt like any other thing, Wolf?
Saw a str8 Inquisitor with a power sword and two str6 Gray Knights with force weapons?
rofl  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Tue Oct 14, 2008 1:30 pm
of course if Laments were invincible it would unbalance them.
they can be hurt, though they regenrate, but you better ba packing an EMP instead of a blessed flamer.

everybody bleeds, even if it ain't all the same color, and some require more cutting...
twisted

still I am thinking of adding Solski as a hero unit He's good but like all heroes has his weaknesses  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 1:29 am
Would'nt having "Mr Smith" the leader make it a Theocracy not a Republic?  

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 4:53 am
that implies the government is bound together by faith, it is not, they are bound by law and order.
it is a Federal Republic, Smith's position is cerimonal, he has no political power, Real power lies in the hands of the senate.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:50 am
Jason Da Psycho
But they can be hurt like any other thing, Wolf?
Saw a str8 Inquisitor with a power sword and two str6 Gray Knights with force weapons?
rofl

*cough* There is no way to kit an Inquisitor so that he ends up being S8.

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

Iron Wolf 85

PostPosted: Wed Oct 15, 2008 6:54 am
been thinking about their faith now, some of the preachers of those Lost imperal fleets were concidered civilans and were captured rather than killed.
New Sol sees a diffrence between combatants and civilans, anyone that picks up a weapon is a combatant even if that weapon is words. civilans are those who do non combat jobs.
thus those Imperals that did not die fighting, were captured, thus New Sol knows about the Emperor. he is highly regarded.
they have adapted their faith accordingly, they belive in "the maker" a supposed creator of the universe, and an indirect influence therein.
The old faith met the imperal one, there was a theological argument.
New Sol's old laws state Leaders must lead by example, thus there were no actual uprisings the priests on either side got togeather and literaly beat one another up over it.
in the end they agreed since the emperor did all the things he did he must have been favored...

New Sol's priests unlike their Imperal counterparts do not often fight on the battlefield. But when they do their piety grants a "favored" bonus to the entire army. Boosting their stats in defence and combat. Preachers can be taken as a command squad choice. Remeber they are pious monks NOT fanatics and not suited for prolonged combat  
Fiction Subforum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff