Friendly Explorer

5,350 Points
  • Friendly 100
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:18 pm
Jelai
MizukiLee
Oh oops. xD I think I posted that before I realized the American girls gymnasts had make up on too. Oh well. That Shawn Johnson girl is still cute. xD

Nastia is pretty good with that jump spin thing (I don't know what you call it.) She can land without moving her leg backwards and stuff. smile

Oh yeah. Michael Phelps got a phone call from George-o-Bush after winning his 8th gold medal. surprised I thought that was cool. Michael even got to meet Bush and took pictures. Lol.

And this is what Bush said in that phone call, lol. xD;;

and Nastia should've won gold for the uneven bars! scream
effin' tiebreaker.
He really refers his father as "41"? xD Wow.

Oh yeah. The high bar match was incredible. I loved watching the sophisticated moves in slo-mo.

PostPosted: Wed Aug 20, 2008 4:34 pm
Lol Yuppers. Makes you really appreciate how hard they are. Ahh, Jonathan's routine was uber hardness! He should have gotten gold. evil  

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Thu Aug 21, 2008 11:58 am
Did anyone watch the Gymnastics Champonship Gala last night? I didn't get to watch because my family wanted to watch speedwalking. scream evil dramallama And nbcolympics.com won't let me watch it for some stupid reason. crying stressed  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:04 am
Kyros_DeLove
Did anyone watch the Gymnastics Champonship Gala last night? I didn't get to watch because my family wanted to watch speedwalking. scream evil dramallama And nbcolympics.com won't let me watch it for some stupid reason. crying stressed

did you install Microsoft Silverlight? cuz you need it in order to watch the games.  

Jelai

asiannerd27

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 9:16 am
Jelai
Kyros_DeLove

did you install Microsoft Silverlight? cuz you need it in order to watch the games.

hehe i like your sig.
is anyone planning on going to the gymnastics tour?  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 10:56 am
Whoa, whoa. There's a Gymnastics Tour? eek

And nbcolympics.com didn't let me watch because my "TV service is not an approved provider". stare I have an antenna!!! scream  

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

asiannerd27

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 3:49 pm
Kyros_DeLove

yep. its going around the U.S. i dunno if i'll go cause the tickets are kinda pricey. but i really wanna see the U.S. gymnasts!!  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2008 4:49 pm
asiannerd27
Kyros_DeLove

yep. its going around the U.S. i dunno if i'll go cause the tickets are kinda pricey. but i really wanna see the U.S. gymnasts!!

I wanna see them too!! gonk confused Damn pricey tickets. emo  

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sun Aug 24, 2008 11:24 pm
So what did you guys think of the closing ceremony? It was pretty cool, in my opinion. I loved when Jimmy Paige played. He looks older than I thought he would... eek  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 7:24 am
Closing ceremony.

I didn't even watch all of it. I fell asleep part way xD
But the parts I did see, it was pretty cool. :>

n a t h i i - x D

King Henry
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:41 pm
n a t h i i - x D
Closing ceremony.

I didn't even watch all of it. I fell asleep part way xD
But the parts I did see, it was pretty cool. :>

The singing parts put me to sleep, but I liked the Closing Ceremony more than the Opening Ceremony. It was less formal and more fun :] All the athletes looked like they had a great time.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:51 pm
Kyros_DeLove

Speed walking?! gonk WHAT??????? Gymnastics is way better than speed walking!

The gymnastics gala coverage wasn't that great. They only showed about ten, fifteen minutes of it. Yang Wei pretended the pommel horse was a real horse and he did a series of flares that was really impressive. Jonathan and a male German gymnast each did high bar routines. And then, Shawn and Nastia got on the balance beam.

King Henry
Crew

King Henry
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 3:57 pm
Kyros_DeLove
Lol Yuppers. Makes you really appreciate how hard they are. Ahh, Jonathan's routine was uber hardness! He should have gotten gold. evil

I agree. Those releases he did, one after another after another, were incredible.

Kyros_DeLove
asiannerd27
Kyros_DeLove

I wanna see them too!! gonk confused Damn pricey tickets. emo

My family and I are thinking of going. Ticket prices start at around $20.00. Shawn, Nastia, and all the American Olympics gymnasts will be there. I wonder if Alicia will come, too? I remember her mentioning that she will retire after the Beijing games.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:10 pm
Ah, I saw Yang Wei pretend that the pommel horse was a real horse and missed the beginning of Jonathan's routine and I saw Nastia's balance beam, so I guess I didn't miss too much of the Gala, then...

$20? are you serious? eek

Alicia retiring already? But she's...so young.. I hope she won't. I liked how she kept her dignity even though she didn't medal. confused She should give it another try!

EDIT: Wow, I hope I can get tickets to see them at the Honda Center. whee I heard there was a little petition-like thing going around Facebook to get Alicia on the tour. surprised  

Kyros_DeLove

6,050 Points
  • Person of Interest 200
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Brandisher 100

Hyonni

PostPosted: Mon Aug 25, 2008 9:54 pm
Alicia Sacramone? She's hot.

Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff