Welcome to Gaia! ::

Soquili Era

Back to Guilds

Tags: soquili, horses, breedable pets, pet horses, familiars 

Reply Questing HQ
Awareness:Group Effort Quest (Update on message board/Pole!) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Is it degrading to the symbol of Awareness if the Ribbon Ponies are aloud to be RPed?
Yes, the Ribbon Ponies should be UnRPable
41%
 41%  [ 21 ]
No, the Ribbon Ponies should be able to be RPed
58%
 58%  [ 30 ]
Total Votes : 51

Summer Raaven

Garbage Trash

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 12:13 pm
I know for a fact I won't be RPing my Usdia, or doing anything breeding wise. She'll definitely just go in my sig to represent the disease. <3
I don't think it's completely wrong to RP, just as long as you know what you're doing and do it with respect, and don't play the disease into the character, but I'm fully against it with my own Usdia.

When I make up the form for Down Syndrome, I'll send it to you, been busy lately. <3 But yeah, it's too touchy/serious of a topic to be RPing a character meant to represent something like that. <333

PostPosted: Tue May 06, 2008 2:47 pm
I don't think I'll be RPing or breeding mine either. These diseases are serious so I believe the awareness should be taken delicately.  

Lovely-Guardian

Mrs Aware

PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 4:49 pm
Sorry for not stopping in yesterday everyone, i was running on three hours of sleep and was near to passing out when i got home so didn't get alot of time online to do anything much.

First off i know i have a few people i need to add to the list, sorry i havn't done that yet. Craming for an english project deadline so yeah ^^;... I'll get that done tonight or tomarrow. If you wanna make sure i don't skip over you if you have recently requested/don't see your name on the list, please PM me and let me know and i'll get on that.

Next, seems like alot of people don't want to RP/Breed. Personally i want to RP my Gay Rights pony, because i have stronger emotional ties to her, but my AIDS/HIV would be a sig pet i belive. I understand your personal prefrence against RPing/Breeding and not wanting to donate to those who are wanting to, it is, as 1/3 said, your choice and i respect that as well, but would you absolutly be furious or angery if we just let it be owners choice?  
PostPosted: Wed May 07, 2008 8:21 pm
I'm not sure about Rping my pony, but I want the option open if I desire to.
I know that I don't want to breed mine.  

Elda-Kun

Thamin

Lonely Member

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 5:49 am
*has not read through the entire thread, but read through the proposed rules on the message board*

While I understand that no offensive behavior is allowed, and I agree fully, I would like to be assured that non offensive stereotypical behavior is allowed. As soon as i joined up in this group effort, I immediately came to the conclusion that the Parkinson's usdia I was going for was to be in honor of my Great uncle who had Parkinson's, and through RP would also have the stereotypical shakes that goes along with the disease. I know that the rule does not disallow this, but in the future some people may take the current rule as all stereotypical behavior is not allowed. I would just like to be assured that it is.

Also, on the note of breeding, I find that breedings allowed through rp only and no excessive breeding to be a good thing to do. Though, as a staff member once told me when I first got my skinwalker and mentioned entering her in open permission, following her insisting that i should not do it, she said as my soquili I could breed her however i wished. Your breeding rule may be in place, and though many may follow it, you can not truly enforce it in any way.

[/ends random mental notes]  
PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 7:47 pm
I understand the views and concerns of everyone but is it possible that if you're only going to donate to those that won't be rping or breeding to not mention it in the thread itself? Coming home after having a bad day at school and reading that really didn't help me feel any better. I would personally would not like to feel like I'm being penalized for rping my future usdia. I do understand your concerns I really do but please also take into consideration other peoples feelings before saying something in a thread where everyone can read it.
[I don't mean any offense at all and if it sounds like I am I do apologize. I'm not having a good week and my thoughts aren't coming out the way I want them to lately x-x;;;]  

pippi18848

Sparkly Genius

12,615 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Wall Street 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Chaifuzz

PostPosted: Thu May 08, 2008 8:22 pm
I think these pets should be rpable, but I'm still leaning towards no breeding. WHile rping might not get the message out there, I don't think wouldn't be right to have a rule saying 'no rp' just to coop an awareness pony up in a sig, i agree that it should be an owners dicision. I for one would not like to have a pony I quested for and feel strongly about be limited to just looking pretty in my sig.

As for breeding, I would feel strongly offended if these pets were just used in open breeding or anything along the lines of one night stands. That would just be wrong. I do, however, think a one time breeding would be okay, after extensive rp and really developing a plot line. Not just starting an rp with a cute pony and after the first 7 posts have them admit their love for each other, lifemate, and start trying for foals. Even then, I think that both owners shoud take a good long look at the rp and really think about is it just a cute matchup, or has the character of the ponies really developed. I also think that certainly the awareness ponies shouldn't fall in love in the first rp with another pony, and that there should be at least 2 good thought out rps first.  
PostPosted: Fri May 09, 2008 5:51 pm
Thamin - I don't see a problem if it is simply a charecteristic, but it cannot HAVE the disease. On the note of breeding, yes, of course it would be impossible to enforce it at all.

However to be 100% brutily honest, Nothing about this thing can be enfoced. This is just a quest. I am just a owner who thought this would be a wonderful idea. I have no special contact with any of the big names in Soquili and i doubt i will ever be close friends with them. But i can, and do, trust the people involved in this. It is the best any of us can do concerning this. We HAVE to trust everyone to not be rude, offensive. We have to trust their words. These ribbons stand for things that more often then not are rather touchy and we have to belive that those who are participating are mature enough to understand and respect this. We can only trust everyone and belive them when they say they are doing this for a certain reason. 99% of the people who have posted for a ribbon or PMed me for one have started some relation to the cause.

Also i'd like to note that i have not posted any "Rules" concerning Breeding or RP. I cannot do that since i am not even part of the Soquili staff. THey are simply guidelines, suggestions, in place in the hopes that everyone will read them and understand and abide by them to the best of their ability.

Pippi - I'm sorry your having a bad week and i hope things get better for you. I don't belive they ment to upset anyone, though i see why it would upset you. Might i ask not to post such a comment in the thread though? Not to be rude, or to say your out of line, i just don't want a debate or fight to start here. I'd have prefered a PM stating that you had been upset by somones comment and i might have posted somthing in the message boards about it without drawing attention to individuals and potentially starting a fight. I know you don't have any intention of starting a fight, just saying ^^; since i've seen it happen. But i do wish you week improves.

Chairfuzz - I belive most would agree that Open breeding and One night stands would tarnish the meaning of these pets and, though as was mentioned, technically we could do nothing about it, we'd highly encourage only one breeding as well as extensive RP before breeding occurs.  

Lita Rutherford

Undead Treat

Bouncy_Pineapple

Friendly Friend

PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 5:52 pm
This is a really good idea and I would claim a ribbon myself but there's really no ribbon up there that I feel passionate enough about, except maybe the child abuse one but I think Meeki already claimed that.

So good luck everyone. ^^  
PostPosted: Sat May 17, 2008 9:28 pm
3nodding Thanks Lita  

Chaifuzz

Questing HQ

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items