Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
African American Goth Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What's your race?
  African american
  Caucasian
  Oriental
  Hispanic
  Other?
View Results

Gaylord Mule 3

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:17 pm
Ayame_Rikimayu
Lazarus The Resurected
anyway slightly off topic but not entirely. white goth rapper, your thopughts.

the media will throw a fit, is what i think.
<******** the media. i'm not good enough to get an album out and i figure it would bring shame uppon us all if i did.  
PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 4:51 pm
Lazarus The Resurected

My thoughts? My thoughts are: that poor kid is going to get the stuffing kicked out of him unless it's all handled just right. sweatdrop  

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

babykitty18

PostPosted: Wed Apr 30, 2008 5:05 pm
Ayame_Rikimayu
NekoYasha09er
Krypta9
I hate it when people say you're acting like a certain race. How does that make any sense at all?
And there's the whole oreo/uh-oh oreo thing...have you guys heard that? Ridiculous.

I have been called an oreo ever since 6th grade and I always say "Since when did I become a cookie.". I think it's utterly stupid to be called that.

i get that all the time too, but i don't give a damn, besides oreos are delicious so i think of it as a compliment.
and i always hear that i'm a white girl in a black girls body, which is stupid. i am not defined by what skin color i am, or my gender or any physical attributes. i am defined by who i am on the inside, and my inside has no color. actually, i think i had said this before somewhere on this guild, but it bears repeating.
so my sympathy goes out to anyone whose getting the same s**t that i am.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

YEA! *puts up fist* lmao heart  
PostPosted: Thu May 01, 2008 3:34 am
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected

My thoughts? My thoughts are: that poor kid is going to get the stuffing kicked out of him unless it's all handled just right. sweatdrop

how do you figure i think somehow if i ever cut an album i can bring the goth and gangsta comunities together through a comon bond. or else destroy the entire world. either way fun times.  

Gaylord Mule 3

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

PostPosted: Fri May 02, 2008 11:18 pm
Lazarus The Resurected
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected

how do you figure i think somehow if i ever cut an album i can bring the goth and gangsta comunities together through a comon bond. or else destroy the entire world. either way fun times.

Well, start by not being blindingly pale. A tan would go a long way to bridge the gap. Another way is learning to break dance. Perfectly acceptable in a goth club, or on a flattened cardboard box in the ghetto. xd

As for your music and your clothing style... you'd have to figure that one out for yourself. There's got to be some happy medium. Take a look at Linkin Park, not only did they manage to bring together rock and rap, but they did it well. They not only were accepted, but they became popular.  
PostPosted: Sat May 03, 2008 9:23 pm
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected

Well, start by not being blindingly pale. A tan would go a long way to bridge the gap. Another way is learning to break dance. Perfectly acceptable in a goth club, or on a flattened cardboard box in the ghetto. xd

As for your music and your clothing style... you'd have to figure that one out for yourself. There's got to be some happy medium. Take a look at Linkin Park, not only did they manage to bring together rock and rap, but they did it well. They not only were accepted, but they became popular.

nah i think it would shake the world more to see a full fledged goth boy kikcing his rhymes. i'm pretty much a professional s**t disturber.  

Gaylord Mule 3

Naztakuan

PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:31 pm
wahmbulance In my experience, black goths are pretty invisable to other black people. Namely because our skin tones permit us to wear colors that may look frightning on pale skin. Like I can wear black.or dark purple lipstick and no one will notice or think it strange. Especailly Ethiopian women who often wear dark makeup colors. It's very common for non goth black women to wear dark makeup colors. Also, the gothic clothes often come across as kinky looking to black men. They see the black corsets and stuff as some sort of sex thing. If you go to Off The Wall, alot of their club wear is very similar to the stuff you find in goth shops, only tighter and shorter. I don't get much attention for being goth in the hood. They often ask ME where I bought my clothes. They think it's just an interesting style. They don't think satan or anything.  
PostPosted: Sun May 04, 2008 7:35 pm
babykitty18
Ayame_Rikimayu
NekoYasha09er
Krypta9
I hate it when people say you're acting like a certain race. How does that make any sense at all?
And there's the whole oreo/uh-oh oreo thing...have you guys heard that? Ridiculous.

I have been called an oreo ever since 6th grade and I always say "Since when did I become a cookie.". I think it's utterly stupid to be called that.

i get that all the time too, but i don't give a damn, besides oreos are delicious so i think of it as a compliment.
and i always hear that i'm a white girl in a black girls body, which is stupid. i am not defined by what skin color i am, or my gender or any physical attributes. i am defined by who i am on the inside, and my inside has no color. actually, i think i had said this before somewhere on this guild, but it bears repeating.
so my sympathy goes out to anyone whose getting the same s**t that i am.
POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

YEA! *puts up fist* lmao heart

Yes POWER TO THE PEOPLE.

NekoYasha09er

Stargazer Dante

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 5:24 am
I'm white/caucasian, and I have 3 african american goth friends.

There's no problem with it.
I don't think anyone should be labelled according to their race.
it's like saying 'All mexicans MUST wear somberos!'

(the previous scentence was not meant to offend anyone, but to be used in example purpose)

And the wierd thing is, you see alot of white 'Gansters' but do they get criticized? Hardly!

I agree to your cause, thank you for bringing up this topic!  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 6:23 am
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected

I actually had a big "Goth / Rap" thread in the music subforum for a while. Really, the crossover isn't that hard to design. Goth-rock's most important elements are melodic base and staccato drum work. Both of which can be easily utilized by hip-hop.  

GilAskan
Crew

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:47 pm
Lazarus The Resurected
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected

nah i think it would shake the world more to see a full fledged goth boy kikcing his rhymes. i'm pretty much a professional s**t disturber.

Well of course it would shake the world more. You're goth! Mothers think you're the thing hiding under their children's beds at night. People will think you're a satanist and a freak. Nothing new to you obviously, but on a much larger scale.  
PostPosted: Sat May 10, 2008 1:51 pm
GilAskan
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected
the strangeness
Lazarus The Resurected

I actually had a big "Goth / Rap" thread in the music subforum for a while. Really, the crossover isn't that hard to design. Goth-rock's most important elements are melodic base and staccato drum work. Both of which can be easily utilized by hip-hop.

Well then there you are. I didn't see that thread... maybe I'll go take a peek.

I really don't know much about music, I know what I like, I know what sounds good to me, but I know nothing of the theory or instruments behind it. Eventually I'll get around to learning, but I've been busy with other things. sweatdrop  

Jinx Noir

Alien Kitten

Icafi

1,000 Points
  • Gaian 50
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sun May 11, 2008 9:09 am
I personally don't think the skin color matters in being a goth; it's more important the mind.
I've got a black friend who likes to dress goth and I don't think she looks bad (though she just dresses like that, not thinks like that...)
but black punks ROCK!! *O* they look sooo cool!!

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:03 pm
BisexualBlood

1.Are you an african american goth? If so do you deal with the annoyances I do as well?
2.Caucasian Goths, what do -you- think of us? How would you treat us?

I am a black american. I suppose you could call me a Goth. I usually don't like using the "G" word since so many people get an entirely wrong idea when it is used. I do deal with some annoyances. My main annoyance would be dealing with the attitudes of some in the scene. They come up to me automatically thinking that I don't know anything (or that they know more than me) since I am black.

I get all kinds of stuff from those outside the scene. But usually it has nothing to do with me being black and more so with me being a Goth. This one isn't so much of an annoyance as it is a source of amusement. Man, I've got tons of hilarious stories. xd  

Ms Dahl

Lady Nasia Estelle

PostPosted: Thu May 15, 2008 11:12 pm
I could care less what peoples skin color is, around here there isn't many African Americans in general, we mainly have Hispanics and Native Americans. But I have friends from out of state that are black and dress in a "goth" manner. Honestly, I treat them like treat my white friends. Of course I'm the type of person that can make random racial jokes and get away with it, while others wouldn't.  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff