Ilona Andrews Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 21, 2011 8:27 pm
Yeah, I liked that, too. XD And they follow each others' trains of thought really easily.

Also, did you notice that the next Kate book is actually about Andrea? It should be interesting, for sure. I hope they still manage to add more of the Roland plot to the storyline, though.  
PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 9:39 pm
I saw that. I think I read somewhere that it's going to be a companion series to Kate's story. It'll be interesting to hear Andrea's thoughts on things.  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Dec 22, 2011 10:01 pm
Oh, another series? Where are they going to find time?! D:

Also, I forget why Andrea and Rafael broke up. Clearly it's time to re-read the series. rofl  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 5:42 pm
The gist of it was: something was happening and the shifters were getting their butts kicked. The dude in charge of the Order told Kate that they weren't human and she had no business leaving her post to help them. Kate said "f@#$% you! I quit!" and went to help. Andrea didn't. So Rafael broke up with her because she wouldn't help her "own kind". I think that's when Kate kills the female wolf alpha's sister.... Time to re-read!  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Dec 28, 2011 8:17 pm
Maze353
The gist of it was: something was happening and the shifters were getting their butts kicked. The dude in charge of the Order told Kate that they weren't human and she had no business leaving her post to help them. Kate said "f@#$% you! I quit!" and went to help. Andrea didn't. So Rafael broke up with her because she wouldn't help her "own kind". I think that's when Kate kills the female wolf alpha's sister.... Time to re-read!

Oh yeah. I think I remember that. I feel like that irritated me at the time. Whatever. It's gonna take me a while to get to re-reading books right now. I'm try to read all my unread books on my shelf. I have like fifty....  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 10:28 pm
There is another book in the series: Magic Mourns. It's a companion to Magic Strikes but is only available as an e-book. stare  

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Jan 05, 2012 11:29 pm
Don't miss the free Magic book. It's only up for 2 weeks starting Dec 26! Magic Gifts  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 06, 2012 10:42 am
Maze353
There is another book in the series: Magic Mourns. It's a companion to Magic Strikes but is only available as an e-book. stare

Isn't Magic Mourns in an anthology? I'm pretty sure I read it.... I never remember the titles of short stories, though. XD

Ooo, thanks for telling me about the gift book! I would've totally missed it!  

NightIntent
Captain

NightIntent
Captain

PostPosted: Mon Aug 06, 2012 10:49 pm
Okay so I bought Gunmetal Magic today. I will read it as soon as I finish my re-reading of the first Song of Fire and Ice book.

I'm torn between being excited about it because I like Andrea and the fact that the narrator's gonna be a different character, disappointed because it's not gonna have Kate being a smartass, and slightly worried because what if it ends up being narrated too similarly to Kate's style of talking/thinking? We'll see what happens. The excitement mostly outweighs the disappointment and worriedness.  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 6:56 pm
All right, well, I finished Gunmetal Magic this morning. It was pretty damn good. I mean, the narration was a little Kate-like in parts, but that may just be projection on my part since that's half what I expected. Some parts were overly cheesy. I kind of don't like how they basically re-made parts of Andrea's character, but I can see the reasoning. I guess. And Raphael goes a little bonkers, which was expected but not altogether welcome.

Then there's the Magic Gifts novella in back, which I think is the same story that was up on the website a few months back. I remembered most of it, so I just skipped it so that was like a third of the book right there....  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Thu Aug 09, 2012 9:19 pm
I got the book but haven't had the time to read it. Kind of ticked to hear a chunk of that book is a re-published story.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 11, 2012 9:29 pm
Yeah I was kinda annoyed too. I was expecting it to be a really long story about Andrea. But it's just the normal length of one of Andrews's books.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Sun Sep 23, 2012 3:57 pm
Finally read Gunmetal Magic. It's fun to see that universe & all the characters from a different view point. I did get tired of all the angst. I felt like fixing their relationship was dragged out longer than it needed to be. But otherwise it was a good read.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 24, 2012 9:36 pm
Yeahhhhh, the relationship issues were kinda juvenile. I kind of brush off most of the relationship stuff in most of Andrews' books lately. The rest of the story is really good, I just get frustrated by the needless angst with relationship stuff.  

NightIntent
Captain

Maze353

Questionable Tactician

PostPosted: Fri Sep 28, 2012 9:32 pm
I know! It seems like everyone I read lately has this in it. How do they expect me to take a character seriously when he/she starts behaving like a 13-year-old every couple of pages?  
Fantasy Books Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff