Yes
  No
  I dont care really
  GOLD!
View Results

BlackHammer888

PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 12:12 am
x_Y u L i_x

I must say, those who dates at a very young age have basically wasted there life..well not life but like (i don't know how ta say..kinda complicated). Its like you date at such a young age then you break up and date again and the same thing repeats. Its almost like your giving up your heart and bodies to other guys (well for the guys..i don't know what to say)...thats probably why our parents tells us that we can only get into a relationship in high school or college because thats when you'll find the right guy for you. Ya know someone like your ideal man or someone you know that can take care of you, someone whose intelligent, kind etc.

well thats my opinion xP just ignore me if you want to

I TOTALLY agree with you. I always thought getting into a relationship during HS or JR High was stupid. Also at that age we arent mature enough to think about our actions...  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 21, 2008 6:40 pm

I'm currently a senior in high school and...my dad has imposed that very same Asian Dating Law: no dating until college or beyond!
I find it a bit irritating, since, when I'm in college, I'll be going in with no dating experience and no clue what to expect from others and myself.

I can date outside of my culture, yes, but I think it'd be a little uncomfortable bringing him home to my parents...

Lepidus Light

M0M0JI

PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:35 pm
YES

they told me I should date when I'm 18...  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 22, 2008 8:42 pm
I know that my parents are cool with me dating. But they have to meet my Boyfriends & be cool with them. My parents LOVED my one ex. My mom even told me to go for him again, after we broke up.
But I had dated a guy of a different race, but i never told my parents because i knew they would not allow me to. They had told my brother to break up with his ex because he use to date a Cambodian girl, and my parents would not let us date any other nationalities other than Hmong. mad  

Xia Rocks Your Butt

HappyKid08

PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 4:05 pm
yerrr...

supposedbly MY BROTHERS are allowed to have girlfrends but usually in high school we actually DO THINGS together unlike in middle school where u pretty much just... hug and walk to class and stuffers. and rite now. neither of my brothers have cars and soo it wud b awkwerd fer their girlfrend to drive.. hahaha.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 24, 2008 5:50 pm
my parents say that I can but I have to make sure my grades dont slip
so I guess they're pretty cool with it  

kingofsoul

Xx-Tinaa-xX

PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 12:15 pm
ugh, i wish my parents would allow me to date. i wish they would be like "You can date as long as you keep your grades up" but it's not going to happen.

Oh for those of you who have siblings...
do you have an older brother or sister who do/did have a boyfriend/girlfriend but they never get caught where you are the one they are always suspicious about? Yep, that's me, they always supect me when my older sister had several boyfriends already.

So everytime i'm with a boy or on the phone with one they are alwyas saying somethign like "I dont want you to have a boyfriend in the future you will regret it, blah blah blah..."  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 28, 2008 5:21 pm
Yup, my parents won't let me date until I'm in college or something...unless, I find a very extremely nice guy.
>.>

If Robots Could Disco

L O v 3`

Friendly Duck

9,225 Points
  • Peoplewatcher 100
  • Generous 100
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 30, 2008 5:19 pm

Yea.....her answer is COLLEGE ;[

she think I'm too young to date even though I'm in high school o.O
    ummm... well I'm not really into dating anyway so it's good ;]

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 1:53 pm
my parents say that i have to be done with college and then... on top of that, the girl has to be catholic and from a certain part of Vietnam.
but like i really listen, i date behind their back.  

Leoster

[F]lavor.of.[L]ife

PostPosted: Tue Jul 01, 2008 10:40 pm
One of my biggest pet peeves is when someone says, "I LOVE ________ !!!"
Not only is it extremely annoying, it makes me think that they're not taking love seriously and it's just a joke. For some people, it's just a way to occupy time. I know friends who rush into relationships with people just for the sake of having a boyfriend or girlfriend. Doesn't that mean that your boyfriend or girlfriend is just an accessory? Something to make you look better? -sigh- I honestly don't see the appeal in that.

Like x_Y u L i_x wrote, "break up and date again and the same thing repeats." It's not like you have future plans to marry this guy or gal. Maybe. But the chances aren't high.

All my friends ask me how I do it. How do I not date. And I just tell them, "I honestly don't put any effort in it." And I'm fine being the single gal I am. :]

PostPosted: Wed Jul 02, 2008 7:16 am
ugh I know the feeling. My brother has been dating since middle school and my parents don't say anything because he's their precious son. While for me and my sister we have to wait until after college to date. Also we have to date someone asian.

But my sister dates everything but asian. Because where I live if you date someone asian everyone knows in like a week in the asian community. It's really annoying.  

XobsessiveX

ohmechathree

PostPosted: Thu Jul 03, 2008 5:02 pm
I haven't ever dated before. redface Oh well. I'm in high school, and every now and then, my mom would ask, "So, do you have a boyfriend?". Then before I say anything, she'd say "Good, it's too early anyhow." So, I'm assuming that I'm not allowed to date until billions of years later.
Then again, I think dating at a very young age is kinda pointless. Back in elementary school, I remember there were some "couples". But looking back, it was sort of awkward. I mean, all the couples did was walk around holding hands, sit beside each other... and it was awkward, because no one knew what they were doing, and there wasn't anything special, really. xD
About dating people of different races... I don't think my parents would prefer me going out with someone of a different race. My cousin's girlfriend is mixed (Korean and White), and my parents aren't too bothered with it, because it's my cousin. But if I was dating a guy of a different race, they'd probably be very against it.  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 04, 2008 4:44 pm
YES YES YES... they did told me that....
i can't believe them...
nyweiz, they freaked out when they found out that i have a bf....
they even tried to separate us..
but u know what, they can't do nythin bout it....
so i jz hope that they'll stop nagging about boys and teenagers...  

baBii_phaB

VitAvere

PostPosted: Sun Jul 06, 2008 11:42 am
my parents are so annoying when it comes to stuff like that! but i have a boyfriend anyways...... they dont want me dating because they think it will "distract me from my studies" but they understand that im NOT distracted! haha, mostly because he's just like me and we're both crazy about grades, lol  
Asian Pride -- Asian Hangout for Asian People

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff