Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Losers (weight loss support guild!)

Back to Guilds

Achieve your weight loss goals! 

Tags: weight loss, weight, health, overweight, exercise 

Reply Weight Loss Diaries and Journals
Disentoxification: 33 lb! Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Failure wtf?
  Yes plz
  No wai!
View Results

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 2:00 pm
Yeah, so I went in to see the doctor today, all my levels are normal, and I have no real problems with my thyroid.

My cholesterol is *slightly* high but my doctor said I was fat and that because I'd already said I was trying to loose weight that I didn't need to worry about it.

I have one of a few things. Could be Poly cystic ovarian syndrome. Could be Ovarian failure (menopause at 21) could be cancer. And other than that we don't know.

My doctor told me to keep up trying to loose weight, and I'm going to be more than ever on it. I have a headache... I think I will take a bath.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 5:41 pm
oh that sucks sad hope you find out what it is soon  

Iconised Ghost

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Sun Sep 28, 2008 6:37 pm
Welp. I've been doing fairly well with eating *less* and exercising more.

And when I say eating less it's not really a proper measure. I've got loose guidelines and flexible guidelines at that.

~I've enlisted my fiance's help in making me NOT eat after 9 pm, but if we have friends over we decided the rules are flexible.

Even so, I'm still over eating in my mind, but it's no where near as bad as it's been.

~I've taken my favourite teas out of my cupboard and placed them ever so nicely on the counter. To encourage tea drinking rather than snack eating.

It's been going well. Very well actually. This might be the thing that helps me really loose the weight.

Because it's not always been exercise or food. It's always both for me. And I don't like knowing that I can exercise all I want and loose all sorts of weight but if I stop for even a week my weight will sky rocket.

~I've been walking a LOT. What I've been doing lately is taking the bus from work to the bus exchange and then walking the rest of the way home, now that's about 4 Kilometers, and I'm going to start trying to do it faster.

~I've also been walking to more places that I would usually wait for the bus to take me. Instead of waiting for the bus, I walked 3.5ish Km to the mall from my fiance's work place, and what's more is that I beat the bus. (mind you I had a half hour head start).

I'm going to start doing yoga classes with a friend, and I think that will help.

I'm also going to start kicking my own a** to go to aquacise classes on my days off. That way I'll be walking (in good weather) biking (in less good weather and whining (in bad weather). 3 or 4 days a week, and aquacising 2.

The only thing that makes me sad is that I just had to buy new pants. ._. And they may not fit in a few months. But that's kind of ok. The pants I bought from Walmart or wherever never lasted more than three or four months ANYWAY.

My uncle is currently on a stress leave from work to help him concentrate on fixing up his health, which is seriously compromised by his weight and I want to do everything I can to help him along. But I'm worried. He probably doesn't want a partner to exercise with, and he probably doesn't even really want me to try helping him because he's very independent, but I am REALLY worried about him. I don't really know what to do. My family isn't really big on the sharing the feelings and what not, neither is it big on mutual support.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 08, 2008 12:13 pm
I had a kind of metaphorical dream last night. And I realized something.

I have been blaming, and making other things and people responsible for my weight. Like my husband.

But mostly I have been blaming myself. I take all the blame and guilt... but none of the responsibility.

I owe it to myself to smarten up. Now can I?  

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 09, 2008 9:35 am
Feeling a lot better.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 10, 2008 1:06 pm
Things have been going really good. I've been getting some exercise, and eating much less. I have yet to see real result but I just feel great ^^

I'm going to weigh myself on Monday and see where I got to.  

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 10:56 am
I don't know really about weight, but I've dropped an inch off my waist. ^^  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 16, 2008 11:58 am
inches count, thats awesome mrgreen  

Iconised Ghost

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 8:51 am
I'm not doing very well with not eating at night. Nor sleeping.  
PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2008 9:17 am
Have you tried any calming herbs, like Dulce or Chamomile?
They work well for making you sleepy :3  

Groovy Spleen
Crew

Iconised Ghost

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2008 1:08 am
Lady Schist
I'm not doing very well with not eating at night. Nor sleeping.

why do you think you're not sleeping well? Sometimes i find herbs etc dont work well for sleep if im stressed about certain things  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 12:46 pm
I'm feeling a lot better about weight now, mostly because I've all but stopped weighing myself. I've decided that I care, but I'm not going to be obsessed with it. When I get obsessed with things, if they're to do with me and myself, usually I stop doing them, or end up doing the opposite. I don't know why. When I find a purpose outside myself to devote myself to, I find I do a lot better with whatever I do.

The purpose I found is biking.

User Image

User Image

I get this wonderful high after riding very hard, usually up hill. I get into this happy hyper space. I've been riding to and from work twice a week, pretty much rain or shine, those are my day shifts, the rest of the time I work until 9pm. I've been considering riding to work and back on one of my nights, but I don't really like riding the trail in the dark because it's so far away from anything for the first stretch. Thursdays I do yoga and I wouldn't give up going for lunch with my friend for the world, so that day I'm considering walking home half way.

I could ride to aquacise on monday, and sunday is my day with peter.

Hm. There's lots to do.  

Lady Schist

Lady Schist

PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 10:48 am
Well.. I've been a bit bad for the last week and a half, I've been staying up late, eating bad foods and eating late. A recipe for disaster. Altogether though, not bad, not bad. I gained two pounds, but I was really worried that I'd gained ten. So not bad.

I got up and wiifitted, not much, but the hula hoop thing, the long one, ten minutes. And I figure I'm going to do that on mondays, wednesdays, and fridays. Because I don't work/work late in the evening on those days. Tuesdays I'll try to ride to and from work. (From at the very least) thursdays yoga, and saturdays to and from work hopefully.  
Weight Loss Diaries and Journals

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 14 15 16 17 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff