Welcome to Gaia! ::

Reply An Anime Addict's Guild
What Do You Think Of Anime Popularity Factor? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Dariram
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Oct 13, 2007 8:33 pm
I don't really think on it.

I mostly go by art, story, plot and music.

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 2:15 pm
sumtimes...but i dont really think of that...when i think the show is good i watch it biggrin  

Arjano

palindrome88

PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 7:38 pm
The popularity of a show doesn't dictate whether or not I like it....but I do like to see a series I love get more attention. A lot of my favorites are practically unknown...at least Gurren Lagann is almost certainly going to be huge over here once it's dubbed. biggrin  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2007 11:24 pm
A lot of the shows I own I had never heard of before I bought them, like Outlaw Star, Gene Shaft, Kyo Kara Maoh, Kiddy Grade and Happy Lesson.
Those are all great shows that I got to watch simply because I like anime, not because I saw them on TV or everyone was talking about them.

Honestly, I'm the kind of person that won't like something that is popular. take Naruto for example. I don't watch it, I'm just not interested in it. (sorry to those of you who like it, I mean no offense, I just don't care for Naruto) And I used to watch inuyasha, I even owned season one for a while, but I was looking in a store and saw season 7 box set and I said to myself "I'm not doing this." I've watched it some since, but I just lost interest in it.

I like what I like. And that's all she wote (ecept I'm a he)  

2ndPSP

Enduring Genius

DiabloAngel19

2,350 Points
  • Beta Gaian 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Contributor 0
PostPosted: Sun Nov 04, 2007 8:16 pm
I love all animes. My only problem is when they edit out stuff that has no barring on language and such for television. Example is editing out a blush or stuter on a boy just because it does not fit the American Ideal.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 05, 2007 11:26 am
well i dont like to much the popular series..i always wath the new series and osme old...  

Yunna-KON

Spacebeam

PostPosted: Tue Nov 06, 2007 10:28 am
The anime could be in some dead language w/ subtitles for all i care.
If it has a good storyline and strong characters i'll watch it.  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 09, 2007 2:17 pm
I sincerely believe that the popularity of anime doesn't matter really the popularity is only for selling anime related merchandise that is what popularity really does makes merchandise sell faster it does not affect the quality of the anime at all, if we have an anime with a decent plot and story line but people didn't like it even tough the PR people spend a lot time and work trying to make it popular the merchandise won't sell so money is wasted that is the whole purpose of popularity on anime.  

kremmit

Angelic Genius

Placeboraw

PostPosted: Sat May 24, 2008 12:48 pm
I love watching any kind of anime even if its not popular i love both

unlike my friend she says if they have bad graphics then she doesn't wanna watch it like DBZ same with manga
I personally don't care as long as the plot is good and stuff also as long as it has subs then i dont care really about graphics  
PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:19 am
If I like it, then I'll watch it. And if I don't like it, then, I won't!

All that really matters to me is the storyline... oh and how the dubbers dubbed it. It really sucks when they use really gay voices on some of the cool characters. That really gets on my nerves sometimes... specially when I watch the japanese subbed versions first.  

lanissi

Sleepy Nia

PostPosted: Sun May 25, 2008 3:33 pm
No matter what anime is anime to me. It doesnt matter if its popular or not ill still like it.  
PostPosted: Thu May 29, 2008 3:41 pm
Personally, I just don't really like dubbed animes... I prefer animes that are in Japanese, but have English subs smile

Popularity doesn't play much of a role in my decisions as to which mangas to read. I might try out the popular mangas just to see if I like them, but I don't restrict myself to them. If one of my friends says that she read this really awesome manga, but it's not really well known, well then - I go for it and read it - and usually end up LOVING it!! xd  

IvyStarling

Sally_Pants

Hunter

9,300 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Person of Interest 200
  • First step to fame 200
PostPosted: Fri May 30, 2008 8:49 pm
I like good anime
It doesn't matter if it's popular or not

If you want to hate an anime, hate it for the right reasons
(aka, bad plot, crappy characters, bad animation, etc.)  
PostPosted: Sat May 31, 2008 11:25 am
Well I'm a subtitled fan but I love dubbed. It's ok. I love subtitled since it's not censored.  

iEpic-Face

Mighty Dark Assassin

PostPosted: Mon Jul 07, 2008 6:26 pm
yea, i don't really care, I just want to watch it. But i like the Japanese voice actors for some anime better than the dubbed like in Code Geass. Lelouch speaks and Ichigo comes out.. wth?!?! blaugh  
An Anime Addict's Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff