Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Food Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

fwikin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 11:15 am
eek oh an di hate soggy bread! *backs away from the sink where it is usually dumped by her thoughtless brother eek  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 12:24 pm
Toast the stuff i say....although the new toaster seems to dry the bread out rather than toast it...makes light work of the otherwise fabulous "Toastie" bread aswell....i think i'll stick to toasted granary thats always nice.

As for my favourite food of British origin and what with myself being a vegetarian i am limited somewhat as to what to choose although the classic "toad in the hole" (with vegetarian sausages) never fails and the special vegetarian imitation roast chicken makes the traditional "sunday roast" likeable aswell. smile  

coolness42

fwikin

PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 2:58 pm
coolness42
Toast the stuff i say....although the new toaster seems to dry the bread out rather than toast it...makes light work of the otherwise fabulous "Toastie" bread aswell....i think i'll stick to toasted granary thats always nice.

As for my favourite food of British origin and what with myself being a vegetarian i am limited somewhat as to what to choose although the classic "toad in the hole" (with vegetarian sausages) never fails and the special vegetarian imitation roast chicken makes the traditional "sunday roast" likeable aswell. smile

ah dan!
lol!  
PostPosted: Fri Mar 04, 2005 4:07 pm
What, may I ask, is vegetarian roast chicken made of? Or is it just roast fungus?  

Lord Jagged

coolness42

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 8:15 am
indeed i believe it is technically "roasted fungus" smile Its a Quorn product (shameless publicity hehe) and they use mushroom protein to make the imitation meat. It does have quite a chickenesque taste though. Although i'm not quite sure i can remember what chicken tastes like, having not eaten it for 10/11 years.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:28 pm
i'm telling u , people who dont eat meat are clevere than the rest of us carnivors!!! ,dan and jack are clever!!! gonk  

fwikin

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 3:44 pm
Jack is clever?

..psh, Einstein ate meat.

PostPosted: Sat Mar 05, 2005 4:12 pm
yes jack is clever
and ye is going out with another girl thats not me
but take a look at jack and einsteins hair...i rest my case, on the beautiful curls that are upon jacks head!
rawr!  

fwikin

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 8:53 am
Where do people stand then, on jam and toast? Does anyone actually eat marmalade on their toast nowadays?  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:15 am
Invictus_88
Where do people stand then, on jam and toast? Does anyone actually eat marmalade on their toast nowadays?
i do , because that what is in the fridge, and my mum refuses to buy us marmite!!! gonk  

fwikin

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 12:49 pm
Marmite, very British. Also, revolting.

Too much like masochism for my liking..

PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 9:45 pm
Invictus_88

I loooovvved marmalade on toast as a kid. 3nodding My grandfather always put it on his so I put it on mine. I havn't had it in years now. x_x  

LLT

A Lost Iguana

Aged Pants

9,100 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sun Mar 06, 2005 11:24 pm
Invictus_88

Ooooh, take that back. Marmite is a wonder.  
PostPosted: Wed Mar 09, 2005 2:02 am
A Lost Iguana
Invictus_88

Ooooh, take that back. Marmite is a wonder.

i agree marmite is great , just as great as this bacon sandwich, crisy bacon and HP sauce! blaugh  

fwikin

cant_delete_accounts

PostPosted: Thu Mar 10, 2005 8:19 pm
I just made toad in a hole for school tomorrow. It looks rather yummy.  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 13 14 15 16 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff