Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
Great British Film Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cleocatra

IRL Trash

34,625 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Gender Swap 100
PostPosted: Wed May 04, 2005 11:23 am
and_solo_said
Who has seen 'The Life of Brian'?

Who hasn't?

I have the DVD and soundtrack.

Personally I loved Johnny English. Especially when he blew up the speed camera.

I find The Holy Grail enjoyable. Shaun of the Dead was very nice. Except it did have a boring bit when they were being attacked by the zombies. I loved the ending. Zombies would be perfect for working in Asda.  
PostPosted: Sat May 07, 2005 10:23 am
I just saw The Phantom Of The Opera. BRILLIANT film....Though the Nightwish version of the opening score is far superior to the original 1980s version  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:44 am
and_solo_said
I just saw The Phantom Of The Opera. BRILLIANT film....Though the Nightwish version of the opening score is far superior to the original 1980s version

Ugh, it was impressive. Yet I still have a deep hatred of Raoul, the character annoys me, deeply.  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:45 am
Hitchhiker's guide to the galaxy. Now wasn't THAT a good film? sweatdrop  

Nebelstern
Crew

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 3:46 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

Ugh, it was impressive. Yet I still have a deep hatred of Raoul, the character annoys me, deeply.

Yes, but at least he was at the phantom's mercy for a while  
PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:08 am
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

Yes, he should have been set fire to though..  

Invictus_88
Captain

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Sun May 08, 2005 4:12 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said

Yes, he should have been set fire to though..

Well.....He ALMOST drowned. And if he had died, the ending would have had to have been dramatically different  
PostPosted: Thu May 12, 2005 5:38 am
I love British love-story films! ^^ they're soooo cool ^^

COLLIN FIRTH

Silver_Tinkerbell

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:34 am
http://www.tiscali.co.uk/entertainment/film/trailer/the_league_of_gentlemens_apocalypse.html

http://www.uip.co.uk/leagueofgentlemen/trailer.html

xd  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 11:38 am
Nebelstern

No. It really wasn't.

It was a massacre.

I was prepared for the fact that lots of the most classic dialogue yet written would have to go. But I don't think they can square cutting out quite as much as they did with the vast tracks of new, pointless, nonsensical unfunny material they added.

The casting was nigh on perfect, I'll give them that.

But they utterly changed the entire focus of the film. As a film in its own right, it wasn't bad. As an adaptation of the book, it was terrible. Adding a love story was nothing short of standing there with a big pot of Hollywood Paint and a large brush, and just slopping it over everything.  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:37 pm
Erix Griffon
Nebelstern

No. It really wasn't.

It was a massacre.

I was prepared for the fact that lots of the most classic dialogue yet written would have to go. But I don't think they can square cutting out quite as much as they did with the vast tracks of new, pointless, nonsensical unfunny material they added.

The casting was nigh on perfect, I'll give them that.

But they utterly changed the entire focus of the film. As a film in its own right, it wasn't bad. As an adaptation of the book, it was terrible. Adding a love story was nothing short of standing there with a big pot of Hollywood Paint and a large brush, and just slopping it over everything.

Do you recall the meaning of sarcasm, at all...? rolleyes  
PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:38 pm
Sarcasm doesn't carry well through text, particularly when I'm half asleep...

Besides, I had to get that off my chest.  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:41 pm
Erix Griffon
Sarcasm doesn't carry well through text, particularly when I'm half asleep...

Besides, I had to get that off my chest.

I have to agree, it was a terrible film. They even managed to massacre poetry. I almost cried in disgust. Idiots.

The only good part was the end. I mean the credits. Because even the end of the film was pretty disgraceful. I cannot even remember what happened in the end. I think I was looking at my watch at the time.

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:47 pm
The last line was something along the lines of 'Not that anyone will listen to me, but the restaurant is on the other end of the universe...'

Of course, the restaurant is at the chronological end of the universe, but never mind that...

Let's see... the actual events of the end of the film. The earth was put right back where it should be, exactly the same ( scream ) Arthur got the girl ( scream ) and Zaphod never did get his head back. ( scream )  

Days of Empire

Mega Genius

7,750 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Overstocked 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

Nebelstern
Crew

PostPosted: Sun May 15, 2005 12:51 pm
Erix Griffon
The last line was something along the lines of 'Not that anyone will listen to me, but the restaurant is on the other end of the universe...'

Of course, the restaurant is at the chronological end of the universe, but never mind that...

Let's see... the actual events of the end of the film. The earth was put right back where it should be, exactly the same ( scream ) Arthur got the girl ( scream ) and Zaphod never did get his head back. ( scream )

Oh yes, I vaguely recall now...
The robot got destroyed and then managed to use that weird gun to make them all depressed. *Got bored and lost interest around or before that point*

It never felt so good being able to walk OUT of the cinema before. Except there were chavs there. *is bitter*

Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 16 17 18 19 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff