Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
Vamps Vs Goths What's the Difference Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crazy_Vamp666

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:38 pm
O.O theres alot of hate in here.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 11:39 pm
Sorry not hate. I mean alot of Anger ^.^  

Crazy_Vamp666

ringwraith10

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:26 am
spooky_sez
Goths exist and vampires don't. eek
3nodding

And technically, the term "vamp" originally meant a promiscuous woman who dressed a certain way and wore a certain type of makeup -- think Marilyn Monroe.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:52 am
ringwraith10
spooky_sez
Goths exist and vampires don't. eek
3nodding

And technically, the term "vamp" originally meant a promiscuous woman who dressed a certain way and wore a certain type of makeup -- think Marilyn Monroe.

To play devil's advocate, there are a lot of people who believe that vampires or "vamps" do exist, or else believe that they themselves are vampires (or vampyres, otherkin, etc). Not saying I disagree, just saying there's not just one point of view.

And, generally bored, looking for threads to reply to in order to get gold and pass time sweatdrop  

trampyre

trampyre

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 4:57 am
wow, i just read back a few pages in this thread. someone was going on about otherkin, and there seemed to be a huge argument about it, discrimination and such. wow. just wow. i wish people in here could debate more civilly about things. sad it's too bad such an interesting topic has to degenerate into people spouting foul language and getting angry. oh well. happens sometimes i guess.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 2:25 pm
trampyre
wow, i just read back a few pages in this thread. someone was going on about otherkin, and there seemed to be a huge argument about it, discrimination and such. wow. just wow. i wish people in here could debate more civilly about things. sad it's too bad such an interesting topic has to degenerate into people spouting foul language and getting angry. oh well. happens sometimes i guess.

It's not discrimination to call someone out for thinking something that's completely ridiculous.  

This Old Oscillator

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:40 pm
This Old Oscillator
trampyre

It's not discrimination to call someone out for thinking something that's completely ridiculous.
Ya dude if it was discrimination than they would be saying something like "well than you can't post in this thread/guild" because of it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:08 pm
XWraith_LordX
This Old Oscillator
trampyre

Ya dude if it was discrimination than they would be saying something like "well than you can't post in this thread/guild" because of it.

ok, you guys win. it's fine to call someone out for believing in something ridiculous.

*shrugs*  

trampyre

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:31 pm
This Old Oscillator
Hollow_Banki
GilAskan
Hollow_Banki
if you are not into or have not heard the music the you are only Gothic, not a goth.

...where did you get this from?

"Gothic" is just as adjective form of the noun "goth".

then do you have a better way to describe someone who lives the goth lifestyle but doesn't listen to the music?

poser?

only if they claim or really try to present themselfs as goth. if there still learning then a baby bat. one way i've herd gothie non-goths described is as dark romantics especially for stuff like darkwave though i understand thats a bit of a gray area.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 11:49 pm
AEtherclaw
This Old Oscillator
Hollow_Banki
GilAskan
Hollow_Banki
if you are not into or have not heard the music the you are only Gothic, not a goth.

...where did you get this from?

"Gothic" is just as adjective form of the noun "goth".

then do you have a better way to describe someone who lives the goth lifestyle but doesn't listen to the music?

poser?

only if they claim or really try to present themselfs as goth. if there still learning then a baby bat. one way i've herd gothie non-goths described is as dark romantics especially for stuff like darkwave though i understand thats a bit of a gray area.

Old romantics?

Because the new romantics are dead. MWAHAHAHA! blaugh  

Rellik San
Crew

AEtherclaw

PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:58 am
what was new romantic anyway? a mix of glam, post punk and new wave?  
PostPosted: Fri Jul 18, 2008 2:30 pm
AEtherclaw
what was new romantic anyway? a mix of glam, post punk and new wave?

Think Spandau Ballet and ABC  

This Old Oscillator

shayde darkmoon

PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 5:32 pm
vamp is an actual condition were u have sensitive skin to the sun (cant go out in it for to long or you will get server burn or posibly passout and you need something from the blood to stay healthy
goth is some one into the gothic subculture they are completly diffrence
(your probably thinking of vampirism witch is basicaly people who like to drink blood/get turned on by it  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 31, 2008 6:35 pm
Let's just say it's subjective....  

Henneth Annun
Captain

los1 soul

PostPosted: Tue Oct 07, 2008 6:31 am
Hollow_Banki
ok good point.
but i don't like most gothic music or at least what i've heard i don't like.
and what about if you only like the gothic clothes or if you like to drink blood. can you be goth and not dress in all black or not like death metal and still be gothic?
what makes a goth a goth?

gothic music isnt death metal i dont like goth nusic that much its not heavy a nuf  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff