Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Pagan/Witch/Occult Films Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 1:17 pm
Nattfodd
I didn't see Warlock on there; I thought it was a pretty entertaining movie.
http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0098622/
~winces~ That was horrible.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 3:28 pm
patch99329
Beltain
I hate the new Wickerman

Thats okay.
It has nicholas cage in it. xp

At least those pagans saved us from him. ninja

LOL  

Laura Lobotomy

Sivirs

PostPosted: Mon Jun 02, 2008 8:54 pm
I love The Company of Wolves, despite its raging feminist meaningfulness (the surrealism kinda makes up for it, I guess - and the shirtless hot guy helps, too).

I also admit I love the two first Warlock movies. heart Once again, hot guys have a lot to do with it. Oh Julian Sands, you made puberty that much more tolerable.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 3:13 am
MoonJeli
Anyone seen The Company of Wolves?

I like how one reviewer described that film: "Little Red Riding Hood as told by werewolves, filmed in the slums of Oz with a director on LSD."  

godhi

Ethermus Prime

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 6:10 am
After remwatching two of my very favorite movies of all time, I realized they would make great additions to this list. Though not as overt as some films....

13th Floor

and

Dark City  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 8:56 am
Four Rooms.  

TeaDidikai

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Tue Jun 03, 2008 9:23 am
godhi
MoonJeli
Anyone seen The Company of Wolves?

I like how one reviewer described that film: "Little Red Riding Hood as told by werewolves, filmed in the slums of Oz with a director on LSD."

I think that sums it up quite well. It's quite beautiful, in a very surreal sort of way. :> It's one of my favorite werewolf movies, even if the wolves are played by Belgian tervurens.

Blood and Chocolate completely destroyed the plot of the book. It was an okay movie, but the book was so much better, even though it was written "young adults" style.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 6:19 am
Blagh, I didn't enjoy blood and chocolate at all. It could have been so much more.  

patch99329

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Wed Jun 04, 2008 11:29 am
patch99329
Blagh, I didn't enjoy blood and chocolate at all. It could have been so much more.

The movie or the book, or both? The movie turned the whole thing into a cliche, changed every single character to something totally different. And took out most of the sex. >_> The only thing it had in common with the book was it had werewolves. It wasn't even set in the same country.  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 12:21 am
MoonJeli
patch99329

The movie or the book, or both? The movie turned the whole thing into a cliche, changed every single character to something totally different. And took out most of the sex. >_> The only thing it had in common with the book was it had werewolves. It wasn't even set in the same country.

The film.
I thought they diluted the plot, and it was one of those films that when you review it in your head afterward, you realised nothing much happened.  

patch99329

MoonJeli

PostPosted: Thu Jun 05, 2008 10:07 am
patch99329
MoonJeli
patch99329

The film.
I thought they diluted the plot, and it was one of those films that when you review it in your head afterward, you realised nothing much happened.

I have to agree. But the wolves were pretty. XD It wasn't as bad as Queen of the Damned. -_-  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:41 am
The Good Witch - not bad, made for TV so kinda sappy but pretty good
The Covenant - guilty pleasure
Simply Irresistable - girl affects peoples emotions with the food she cooks
Skeleton Key - loved it, the bad guys should win sometimes
Indigo - not really glossy or anything but the only film i know of about indigos
Nanny McPhee - smile
The Last Mimzy - Love it, can't wait to get the book I know it's different
Bell Book and Candle - can't believe this isn't on the list yet! Kim Novak
I Married a Witch - 1942 funny
Teen Witch - classic 80's I loved this one as a kid
Halloweentown biggrin (and II, and Halloweentown High and Return to Halloweentown) - yes they're cheesy like Hocus Pocus but fun
Twitches and Twitches too - again cheesy like Hocus Pocus but fun
Golden Compass
The Woods - better than I thought it would be
Excalibur
Merlin's Apprentice - which really sucked btw
Magical Legend of the Leprechauns
Snow White: Fairest of them All
The Crucible

all purely suggestions smile do we have an old book thread we could revive or should someone start a new one? I would love a book thread for fiction books.  

Lotus Poem

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Mon Jul 14, 2008 10:26 am
Hellboy II  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 15, 2008 4:44 am
Astrox

La Passion du Jeanne D'Arc- One of the most powerful films I have ever seen. Probably the best silent film ever.

My friend introduced a group of us to the (new) soundtrack to it, Voices of Light by Richard Einhorn, last year. It is the best soundtrack I have ever heard! She actually got the opportunity to be in a choir that sang it, while the movie was projected behind them. I found a version of it on youtube without the music, so I suppose I will have to make do with having the CD playing in the background while I watch, until I can order it from amazon biggrin

Constantine - it's a pretty entertaining look at Catholic mysticism, if you can stomach Keanu Reeves. Plus, I always enjoy a Rachel Weisz movie.
FernGully: The Last Rainforest
Bedknobs and Broomsticks
The 10th Kingdom
Dragonheart
Snow Queen (Hallmark) - it's like a 3 hour long acid trip, if I remember correctly, especially if you start watching it around midnight...
Dark Crystal
Casper... the one with Christina Ricci. I'm sorry, but I LOVE this movie biggrin
Saved!
The Sword in the Stone  

Ainwyn

Taliah

Lonely Phantom

8,450 Points
  • Prayer Circle 200
  • Sausage Fest 200
  • Forum Junior 100
PostPosted: Thu Jul 17, 2008 6:22 pm
I -love- Skeleton Key. The whole movie was brilliant, and I think the ending was the best that I've ever seen of a "scary" movie. Plus, voodoo is quite mysterious to those outside of Lousiana, usually, so I found much appeal in learning what little lore that hollywood probably messed up anyway.

The Hobbit
...perhaps the movie THe Brother's Grimm?  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff