Welcome to Gaia! ::

::;Eminent SasuNaru/ NaruSasu love::;

Back to Guilds

Read the title (Kind of like, a Slash Paradise) 

Tags: SasuNaru, NaruSasu, Naruto, Debates, Discussions 

Reply SasukexNaruto, NarutoxSasuke Discussion
Debate: Meaning of Love Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Kuurin
Crew

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:09 pm
I agree wholeheartedly with you. We may all be bisexual inside, but we are too afraid of the pressure being put on us to do anything about it. Or, we're so convinced that we are supposed to love a certain sex that we don't even consider the other option.

And thank you about the poem (presuming you meant my poem)

PostPosted: Mon Jan 28, 2008 6:22 pm
hakumei de ninja
well, on the main subject again (even though I like your poem) I think that love is genderless. I think that sometimes people force themselves to ignore the same gender because everyone expects you to love the opposite gender. lots of homosexual people probably don't want to admit to themselves that they are gay/lesbian or not know it yet. I am actually not sure myself whether or not I am homo/bi sexual. I sometimes look at girls and say "wow, she is so pretty" almost in a sexual way, or think "if I were a guy I would love her" but I don't love them I guess.I also think that when you first think you fall in love then you can't really tell sense this is you first time expiriencing it(love). how can you tell it is love at any time? you could admire someone but you do not love them. you might think that they are beautiful but still not love them. I've thought I was in love and ended up just insantly not loving them. I've hated someone then being obsesed over them, thinking it was love.

Also I think a straight person might become gay/lesbian because they meet someone that they start to love but just think it is friendship. Eventually(hopefully) they will find that they love them, and have always loved them. I don't think a homo (sorry to anyone that this abriviation might affend) person can ever become totally staight because does being straight mean that you never loved someone of the same gender? if not then yes, a homo can become a staight. I think they would have an easier time adjusting to it though. they of corse would be as shocked a a straight person would be if they found they liked the same gender (but opposite obviously) but no one would critisize them about it. Everyone is ok about one gender loveing the other so it would be easier so be confortibal to be with your lover in front of people.
LIke Lady_kuurin said I also agree with you, although now that I think about it I don't think everyone are gay or bi. Love just come no matter which gender you fall in love with. Love has no boundries.  

Gamexrocks
Captain

Lady Kuurin
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 1:45 pm
But, we've given love boundaries. Artificial ones, but real all the same. We've made it necessary to love someone of the same gender (or in the case of homosexuals, the same gender), and it's hard to think otherwise.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 01, 2008 7:59 pm
Lady Kuurin
But, we've given love boundaries. Artificial ones, but real all the same. We've made it necessary to love someone of the same gender (or in the case of homosexuals, the same gender), and it's hard to think otherwise.
True but it all depends on the person. If they'll do anything to be with the perso they love even if they have to scarfice something really important. Sometimes love has no boundries and sometimes it doesn't. It's all what the person thinks.  

Gamexrocks
Captain

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 7:21 am
I totally agree- it's all relative to what's in the person's head (and heart wink ). What we think and believe is all relative to society and what we've been taught is right/ acceptable. Our culture- wheter we conform or rebel- helps us define who we are. This is evident in all the different cultures across place and time. In some places, homosexuality was accepted, and encouraged (I believe this was among either the Greek or Roman soldiers, to promote strong bonds between them so that, theoretically, they would fight harder on the battlefield. Don't hold me to that, though- I could be wrong).

Even how we view gender and love is defined by the norms of society. For example, divorce is common now a days, but several decades ago it was a horrible, shameful scandal. As was having a child out of wedlock. I mean, how we pursue love is also governed by society (whether or not we choose to follow the rules, however, is up to us. But the rules are what we either follow or rebel against, hence setting up guidelines for behavior.) In modern times, its customary for people- whether they're dating someone of the same sex or not- to go on dates. A hundred or so years ago, men came courting women and they had a chaperone. In older times, marriages were arranged and men had flings on the side. (Hmm...men having affairs...does nothing change? wink j/k!) Heck, even in some parts of the world today, marriages are still arranged. Then again, in some of those same countries, women are not even allowed to drive cars or go to school and homosexuality is punishable by death...

My rambling point being, it's all relative to what someone thinks as the acceptable norm. In our culture, homosexuality is not 'acceptable' or the norm, but that's changing. Slowly, but it is. And that's a good thing.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:49 pm
Too True Bloody Kitten. You describe it very well.  

Lady Kuurin
Crew

Chai Senpai

Shameless Streaker

29,865 Points
  • Happy Holidays 2k13! 100
  • Caroling Champ 100
  • Frozen Solid 200
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 9:29 am
Lady Kuurin
Too True Bloody Kitten. You describe it very well.

Thank you! By the way, lurve your pic with Kakashi's pants (or lack there of whee )  
PostPosted: Sat Feb 09, 2008 6:44 pm
Ah, Kakashi without pants. Is there anything better? Well, maybe Sasuke's reaction.  

Lady Kuurin
Crew

DeficientLoser

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 6:37 pm
Lady Kuurin
Ah, Kakashi without pants. Is there anything better? Well, maybe Sasuke's reaction.
LOL!!! Sasuke's reaction will be like, "WTF?!!" And maybe Sakura might have a major nosebleed! (Crack!) xd  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 4:41 am
love can be influenced by society. if your raised so that something is pounded into your head constantly, it'll affect the way you think. you either keep that way of thinking or you trash it to come up with your own way. in reference to love, the actual emotion i believe is genderless. If you love someone, it's not their body you love it's their mind. Lust is what you feel for the body. so Naruto could love sasuke and vice versa without lusting over the others body at first. or he could push down his hormones and hide them really well. xd but the actual emotion of love how i think of it, is genderless. 3nodding  

kittyluck13

Momiis_Special_Friend

PostPosted: Tue Apr 15, 2008 8:23 pm
Love is genderless. You can't help who you fall in love with. It just happens...So you can either accept it or fight it.  
PostPosted: Thu Apr 17, 2008 11:20 am
Momiis_Special_Friend
Love is genderless. You can't help who you fall in love with. It just happens...So you can either accept it or fight it.
This is just my opinion but I think people most likely chose to fight it. For reasons, that they're too scared to be made fun of.  

Gamexrocks
Captain

kittyluck13

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2008 11:18 pm
it might not even be that they are afraid to be made fun of, but the fear that they'll be hated or ignored. or as i mentioned earlier if they are raised to think one way they might think they are less if they fall in love with someone of the same gender.  
PostPosted: Mon May 19, 2008 2:34 pm
kittyluck13
it might not even be that they are afraid to be made fun of, but the fear that they'll be hated or ignored. or as i mentioned earlier if they are raised to think one way they might think they are less if they fall in love with someone of the same gender.
Isn't that the same thing? Afraid to be made fun of and fear to be hated. Both basically has something to do with them being isolated from everyone else who thinks everything should be normal.  

DeficientLoser

Fishiesinthesky

Mewling Lunatic

11,050 Points
  • Over Easy 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Cool Cat 500
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 5:52 pm
Hm... I think this is a very interesting discussion. I might even feel a bit compelled to express my own opinions on the subject... 3nodding

I believe that, yes, love is genderless. But, as some of us agree, your emotional and physical background may have an influence on which gender you supposedly "prefer". Then again, if we think about it... many gay people have been raised by parents that are strictly against homosexuality, in environments that reflect the same negative perspective of it. This might be something to think about. I don't know. (And it's also true that no matter how unacceptable it may be in society, there will still be homosexual people.)

At the same time, I believe that you ultimately have little control over who you love. (Physical attraction is a whole different story.) I also believe that, if it is not really true love, it may be possible for the feelings to subside with a little persuasion... but if you really, truly love someone - for the person themself - in the romantic sense, it's impossible to just will it away. It's illogical sometimes, even. Once I heard it explained as such: "This is love we're talking about here, not the flu!" So... even if the love is unrequited, it may be impossible to stop loving someone on a whim. For me, if your feelings can be changed that quickly and easily, you're not really in love with the person.

As for what makes a gay person straight and what makes a straight person gay... it may be that a person can have a fundamental preference and still have one or more exceptions to that boundary. An example would be Naruto, who had/has a crush on Sakura and is definitely attracted to the opposite gender (correct me if I'm wrong on this... I honestly haven't read very far into the manga!) while still displaying such a deep emotional connection to Sasuke. I mean, really. If what they have isn't love, even in its most dysfunctional form in the history of the world, then I don't know what love is.

In conclusion... love is weird. It's like a force of nature, really... uncontrollable, unstoppable, and unyielding.

And I agree wholeheartedly that the word "love" is thrown around far too much. It's frustrating sometimes. But we all have a different way of perceiving it, experiencing it, poking fun at it... which naturally causes it to be thrown around and used in a ton of different ways.

Woo, end of mah huge honkin' rant. xd Sorry. That was practically an essay. I could use this for English, for shame!  
SasukexNaruto, NarutoxSasuke Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff