Welcome to Gaia! ::

The RPS Guild: Dungeon Crawls For All

Back to Guilds

The RPS Guild is for RPing using the simply-named Roleplaying System (RPS) to manage combat. 

Tags: Role Play, Fantasy, Dungeon, Adventure, System 

Reply RPS Guild
The first DM discussion thread.(Current topic:Recruiting) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

DM of Death

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:36 pm
Quote:
Organizations are a new small aspect being added to RPS. It’s simple. Each character can join one organization. Once joined that organization may call on the player to do special missions for them. In return the character will get an item and some kind of skill. Most of the skills are going to be ones from normal character creation. Some may be special. You get these skills as if it was simply part of your character. Here is a list of the organizations. Soon their skills and items will be added and characters will be able to interact with and join them.

Normal organizations can be visited and joined at any time. Special organizations can only be visited by a member of that organization. You have to get recruited by a special organization.

Normal organizations

Council: Protection based.

Church of the Divine Mother: Healing based.

Token Plant: Token based.

Lancers: Normal attack based.

The Elites: Special damage based.

Monsters: Transformation based.

Undead: Return based.

The Illuminati: Magic based.

Special organizations

Black Dragon
Skill: change pending
Item: Sword of Haste

Fargoe said that... so that answers alot of questions.

Things that need to be discussed.:
Joining a organization.
-How is it done?
Normal organizations can be visited and joined at any time. Special organizations can only be visited by a member of that organization. You have to get recruited by a special organization
-Can you join more than one?
Each character can join one organization
-Can you unjoin and join another?
UNKNOWN
-Can you gain ranks or something similar in the Organization, unlocked even more stuff?
UNKNOWN

Implementation of Organizations.
-Do people have to join one?
UNKNOWN
-Any benifits for not joining an organization?
UNKNOWN
-Are there going to be new organizations introduced later?
UNKNOWN

Actual in game term bonuses.
-Open for any suggestions here. We would have to find a way of making sure that everything is equal. We dont want everyone to join one organization, then theres no point to having the rest of them.

As for this, you can see the special organization "Black Dragons" gets a Sword of haste, and an unknown skill. We now know we get an item and skill. The Sword is a 5 equip, but thats for a special organizations. Fargore also mentioned abilities being granted, ones associated in normal character creation. So how many CP equals a 5eq item? Perhaps either 2 or 3?

OK now lets speculate possible combos for the Organizations.
Council: Protection based.
Perhaps Defender(3cp) and Guard action. A awesome combo for the ultimate defender.

Church of the Divine Mother: Healing based.
Healing(3cp) and Heal Spell

Token Plant: Token based.
Numerious Tokens, ???

Lancers: Normal attack based.
Resistance(attack3), Smash maybe?

The Elites: Special damage based.
Resistance (special3), ???

Monsters: Transformation based.
???, Power up

Undead: Return based.
AP Pheonix, Potion of endurance x2?

The Illuminati: Magic based.
Skilled Caster?, any 2mp spell.

Anyone else got any other ideas?

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 4:50 pm
Well, I already know that Fargore wants us only in one organization. He sent me a PM about that he'd allow me to change organizations. Here is his PM:

Fargore

Since you did not know what all the organizations where going to be like when the opportunity to join the black dragons was offered to you I would like you to know that when all the stats are released you will be given a onetime chance to change your organizations without having to do anything special.

To join a regular organization (magic, ability, attack, etc) you could just walk to the base or ask to join it. But I know for special organizations, like Black Dragons, you have to be recruited by a recruiter (like I was). I think you should only be able to join one, like the quote above suggests. Also, like the quote above suggestions, to change you should have to do something special. What that special thing to be done would be determined by either the DMs in advance or a head of the organization. (Which brings up another topic. Who should run a organization? A user who joined it first or one picked by the DMs or a NPC? Or should a organization be ran by nobody?)

I think you should be able to gain ranks in the organization and get more respect, but I'm not sure about unlocking stuff. Maybe you could unlock more stuff, or you could just get more pay for a mission that the organization wants to send you on.

People would not have to join one, but there would not be any benifits for not joining. There probably should be new organizations introduced as time goes on, depending on plots of dungeons and how they fit in. Like lets say an organization called "The Light Avengers" was met in a dungeon and was asking you to help them destroy "The Dark Warriors". You could join either of those, if you are recruited. All of the new organizations should only be able to be joined if you're recruited, unless otherwise stated.

For the bonuses and benifits of joining an organization, here are some of my ideas:

Magic organization: Either +1 MP per turn or +1 to magic stat
Action Organization: +1 AP each turn
Healing Organization: +1 regen
Attack Organization: +1 to attack
Defense Organization: +1 to defense
ETC.

Also, each organization could sell an item that would help a person get better in that specific thing.
Examples:

Magic Organization: Sells items and other stuff to boost magic or boost MP gotten per turn, etc
Action Organization: Sells items and other stuff to boost an action's damage or raise AP gotten per turn, etc.
Healing Organization: Selling healing items and other stuff for you or for healing your party, etc.
Attack Organization: Sells items and other stuff to boost attack, etc.
Defense Organization: Sells items and other stuff to boost defense, etc.
ETC.

A reason that nobody could join two organizations is because some might not like one. Like, for example, the Healing Organization might not like the Magic Organization because of the high damage the Black Wizards can cause. But this reason is only if we're planning to maybe make wars between the organizations, which is another topic by itself.

Also, with the implementation of organizations, we should probably make a new subforum which has a thread for the members of each organization to talk to eachother or for other organization members to send messages to another organization.  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

DM of Death

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 5:25 pm
Lets just null the conversation of "Wars between Organizations" for now, we can disscus that at a later date.

As far as an Organization's Subforum, thats a good idea. It'll help Keep the RP subforum free of clutter, it already has the special locations anyway.

So it would look like this.

Main RPS Forum
-Organizations
--(Announcement) Organizations News
--(sticky)List of organizations
--(sticky)How to Join an Organization, or Organization Join requests
--Org.1 Homepage (would include Missions, Shop, Roster, etc.)
--Org.2 Homepage
--Org.3 Homepage (etc, one for every organization)  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 6:44 pm
Hmm...I think getting ability potions for joining an organization as well as an item sounds fine. however actually getting an ability I think would be a bit much. You might as well just add the cp you would get form that to starting character builds as they can join an organization as soon as they create a character. I just got back from acing a bio midterm and now I have to go eat. I'll have more to say later.  

Kowsauni
Crew

FARGORE
Captain

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:13 pm
Ok the organizations current stats are almost ready to be posted, I think, but to answer a few questions.
This is all what is currently being done, it is all dependent on what the DM’s and players come up with after discussing it.

You can only be part of one organization at a time.

You do have to do special things (case by case DM decision) to leave an organization. It will pretty much just be enough to make you have to really thing about it before you leave your current one.

The organization bonuses will all be unique for the organization. So the only way of getting it will be by joining that particular organization. Balance will be looked at carefully and some will cost CP to balance them out (this helps with the true point that Kowsauni just made). But you can still only buy the ability if you are in that organization. Whether you can keep it if you leave will have to be decided.

The organizations will introduce items but it will be through a special means. Characters will be able to create their own items if they are in an organization. What kind of items they can create will be based on what one they are part of. I will provide the current list.

Council, Make: defense items

Church of the Divine Mother, Make: potions

Token Plant, Make: tokens

Lancers, Make: offensive items

The Elites, Make: actions

Monsters, Make: pets

Undead, Make: charge items

The Illuminati, Make: spells

Black Dragon, Make: ability items

All this is still subject to change.

The way you make items (currently)
You will need:
A recipe (you describe to a DM what it is you want to make and they give you the recipe)
items (ones that already exist in the game)
Time (we're taking real life time here)

So well say ‘I want to make an E4 “Defender Sword’ attack + 2 defense +2”
DM says the recipe is: 1 short sword, 1 shield, 2 Elixir of Action and x days.

And you make the “Defender Sword”

Now the organizations will be ran by NPS but what we are thinking about now is letting characters create their own sects within an organization. An example would be Gerbo’s The Order of Magic Preservation. Instead of that being made a new magic based organizations when we already have one it can become a sect of the Illuminate. So anyone who joins the Illuminate threw The Order of Magic Preservation would have a special organization title something like: Illuminate (The Order of Magic Preservation). The only special effect of being in a sect will be the camaraderie from being in it with other people, no special effects or abilities as of yet, but it will be a possibility for the future. To have a sect you have to have 4 active members in your sect total at all times (so 3 plus you).

I will now take questions and comments and probably answer them day after tomorrow.  
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2007 7:55 pm
I like the idea of Sects within the major Organizations. It creates the sense of Guild Camaraderie, while keeping the benefits of the Organization. And it leads to interesting RP possibilities...  

Master of Gladiators

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 12:35 am
hmm that might be nice as for example there are many different types of magic users. In Gerbo's mage order we have already done something like that. Of course this means the organization would have to have enough members for them to actually have sects.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 8:58 am
There is one problem in having The Order of Magic Preservation as a sect of the Illuminate organization. What would happen if someone in The Order of Magic Preservation joined a different organization like Undead or Monsters or Church of the Divine Mother? Would the Order of Magic Preservation be a sect of many organizations or would the ones not in the Illuminate organization not be allowed into The Order of Magic Preservation?  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 1:00 pm
I'm thinking about joining the monsters as a pet is an eventual goal of mine. I think he was just using the Order of Magic Preservation as an example. I think most of us want to keep it separate from the organizations.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:31 pm
(I can post quick tonight but almost certainly not tommorow)

Off the bat I would say that sects within sects and sects that span different organizations would be a no go, but anyone who would like to contest that is welcome to do so. wink

And my plan right now is for the god thing to remain separate from the organizations. It’s supposed to end up as one of those events that occurs and then is over for good and leaves something behind for characters that took part (Like the Island of mist and the sword of nine clouds). While it could be expanded on at a later time, the special titles and what not will just be a cool mark for those who where here to take part.

And it’s kinda odd that the two god “Recruiters” ended up as acolyte DM’s. sweatdrop  

FARGORE
Captain

Kowsauni
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:34 pm
((lol I think the matter of sects can be addressed once we have the actual organizations complete. What sort of joining items are you thinking about granting to the other organizations? Or is the sword of haste just something special within the black dragon organization.))  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2007 6:41 pm
While many of them are still in debate I will tell you some of the ones that may be introduced as examples.

Token Plant, Item: Mist Beast Token (Use c 3/3)
Lancers, Item: Lance: E5, +5 attack

Most others are still to unsure to really release.  

FARGORE
Captain

Firu Nicorusu

PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:40 pm
So basicaly they are ment to be special marks for our characters. That will give us a cool title and special stuf. With the exception of the special organizations you can join just by asking. But is there a way to be kicked out of an organization?

The basic organizations don't seem to be in a position or state to wan't, need, or have to do that. But the special organizations seem more like elit groups. And since they recruit characters that they feel are worthy would they kick out anyone they feel desgrased them or went against their code?  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 03, 2007 6:52 pm
I doubt the regular organizations would kick out anybody since anybody is allowed to join. The only reason they might kick them out is if the person goes totally against the guild. (for example, if there was a quest for a guild and the member totally ruined the chances for success)

In the secret organizations it might be possible to be kicked out, but if you were recruited I doubt you'd be kicked out.

In both cases, I think a person getting kicked out would be VERY rare or nonexistance.  

Perrian
Vice Captain

7,050 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Flatterer 200
  • First step to fame 200
RPS Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 33 34 35 36 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers