100%  [ 2 ]
Total Votes : 2

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Mon Dec 31, 2007 1:46 am
I hope when Light's voice actor gets more experience being Light he'll be able to do a better Kira laugh. Otherwhise I'm scared for what a certain later episode will sound like. Regardless that the laugh made me laugh til I cried in the japanese version, if the dub laugh isn't every bit as awsome as that one I will be seriously dissapointed.

Ryuk's voice never really bothered me although it strangly reminds me of Metal Gear Solid. D:
"I found a camera in the air conditioner!"
Quickly Light, hide in a box! The box is flawless, trust me!  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 01, 2008 7:46 am
I've been alone all my life...User Image

Ugh...I hate Raito's voice..but l's...absolutely love it! Rait's is to whiny....and that laugh...its so annoying >< ...urgh...makes me want to mute it when he comes on TT

but now I've gained my lightUser Image

Ruuche

Keimiku

Tipsy Bookworm

10,550 Points
  • Noble Shade 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Wed Jan 02, 2008 2:37 pm
Lady Katsuki-sama

Ugh...I hate Raito's voice..but l's...absolutely love it! Rait's is to whiny....and that laugh...its so annoying >< ...urgh...makes me want to mute it when he comes on TT

xD
So true. I love L.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 03, 2008 10:39 am
Raito's voice was really terrible at first but now it's starting to get more bearable... thank goodness... For some reason I adore L's voice and when my best friend told me she hated it I couldn't bring myself to tell her that I loves it! xD  

Jam-Kiske

Shameless Lunatic

L Lawliet

Mind-boggling Detective

PostPosted: Fri Jan 04, 2008 3:31 pm
FJLIWUAWEYIRUW MIIIISSSSSAAAAAAA

Holy crap. Her voice has that odd baby-ish sound to it a little, but it sounds like it'll work. o: Rem's sounds good too, kind of like Renamon, I believe, from the third Digimon series....

Light's voice has been getting better, I think. He has more of a quiet evil to it, and it sounds amazing. I just wish I thought L's voice fit him better.... It's a good voice but it's just not right to my ears just yet.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 05, 2008 4:17 am
Ah...
Misa's voice is gonna get on my nerves, same with the way it did in the Japanese version. I'm not opposed to it, in fact I say it's almost the same.
Rem's voice though is really gonna annoy me. She sounds so... I don't know, so boring. It's almost the same in Japanese, but it's just gonna bother me. (And after an IMDB search, I came up with three results for her VA's name, and one of them is a major actress, but none have any description of DN in them.)

The lack of Light in this episode made me happy. :]

And is it just me, or does everyone sound scripted in this episode?
And on a side note, why can't people learn to turn ON a light in that hotel? D:

`McLaren

Gabby Logic

2,550 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Member 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 12:59 pm
I think Misa's voice sounded to mature for her character. It had the annoying sound to it at least, so I'll learn to accept it.
Rems voice....I need to hear more, but so far I'm not to happy with it. All I was glad for was that they knew that Rem was a girl and didn't get a manly voice for her.

Some of L's lines made me laugh in this episode. Maybe I still need to get use to the new voice actor.  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 1:31 pm
I got used to L's VA quite quickly.

But anyways, onto the subject of Rem and Misa...

From what I've heard of it , I'm not liking Misa's voice too much, It just sounds too babyish too me. Will need to hear more before I can make a proper opinion though. Who knows, it might grow on me.

Rem's dosen't sound that bad but, like Misa, I need to hear more before I can decide whether I like it or not.  

Piffle Inna Box

Ruuche

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:05 pm
Gabby Logic
I think Misa's voice sounded to mature for her character. It had the annoying sound to it at least, so I'll learn to accept it.
Rems voice....I need to hear more, but so far I'm not to happy with it. All I was glad for was that they knew that Rem was a girl and didn't get a manly voice for her.

Some of L's lines made me laugh in this episode. Maybe I still need to get use to the new voice actor.

yes, misa's is kind of annoying, but its not that bad...it actually sounds pretty good for her character. (I HATE MISA THOUGH....and I'm actually saying NICE things about her O_O) I really don't like rem's voice, but its okay...(That's stretching it a bit...) But I will always love L's voice. I'm just glad that they didn't use a voice like Ryuk's for Rem...that would be horrible ><

PostPosted: Sun Jan 06, 2008 3:41 pm
I don't really like any of the voices. L's is way too "come hither" for my liking. Misa is an annoying character, so it only fits that she has an annoying english voice. Light's, hmm. Just general teenaged whinger, and I'd know. I am one. mrgreen  

CyanideCherub

Tea with Bubbly

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 5:04 pm
Misa's voice caught me off guard. I was completely expecting a high pitch voice. Like the english VAs from Azumanga Daioh.

Rem's voice surprised me too, and I like it but it reminds me of Micheal Jackson! D'x

PostPosted: Fri Jan 11, 2008 7:07 pm
Tea with Bubbly
Misa's voice caught me off guard. I was completely expecting a high pitch voice. Like the english VAs from Azumanga Daioh.

Rem's voice surprised me too, and I like it but it reminds me of Micheal Jackson! D'x

lol that just sounds so wrong XD

Ruuche

Tall-Trees-Falling

PostPosted: Sat Jan 12, 2008 9:35 am
Wow, haven't been on Gaia in forever....

So, I walked into my home theater room to watch Death Note on TV (For the first time) And when I turn on the TV I hear Misa's voice.....

....And I didn't like it. Nor Rem's.

I can't be specific on why it annoyed me but it didn't seem to fit. neutral  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 4:59 am
I quite like Rem's voice.

Misa's on the other hand, I don't really like as much so it will take a while for me to get used to it.

It just sounds way too young. I know Misa can act childish but she's NOT actually a child (she's in her early 20s not early teens >_<).

I think L's VA pulled off the whole freaking out over the word 'shinigami' thing.

However, it was still as unintentionally funny as it was in Japanese. whee  

Piffle Inna Box

`McLaren

PostPosted: Sun Jan 13, 2008 5:28 am
After watching the Directors Cut and comparing voices, Rem's voice now seems to kindasorta fit. Misa's too.
I still don't know if I like that though, Misa's voice is annoying in both versions.
Point being, I dont like either of their VA's.

Speaking of VA's, I really liked how they did Jealous' voice for that one scene. It sounded extremly similar to Ken'ichi from the Japanese dub. (And the movies. :O.) So I was really happy for that.

Oh, and I loved L's freakout in this episode. And after the third time watching the series, I finally have a theory on why he flipped out like that. Although I could be wrong.

The L Guild Forum

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff