Welcome to Gaia! ::

The School of Dedicated Roleplayers [closed]

Back to Guilds

A general roleplay guild with emphasis on improving RPers. 

Tags: Roleplaying, Tutoring, School, School of Dedicated Role Players, RPing 

Reply 03 One-on-One RPs
The Path to Sin (Ikken Isshu + Griselda Banks) Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 06, 2008 10:22 am
Calaman forced himself to his feet, halfheartedly cleaned his sword on his knee, and sheathed it. He felt sick, but he attributed it to the fight. He headed over to where Aer lay, knelt by him, and nudged him in the shoulder. Aer shuddered, but didn't otherwise move. Calaman rolled him over, alarmed, and lightly patted the side of his face.

"Aer," he said slowly. "Aer, get up."

Just as a terrible pit opened in Calaman's gut, Aer's eyes fluttered open, and the mage began to cough violently. Calaman helped him to a sitting position and thumped him on the back a few times.

"Dreaming about drowning, hm?" Calaman joked weakly.

"Shut - up," Aer managed around wheezing breaths. "Is Valefor...?"

"Gone," Calaman said. "We need to move on, though. Soon we'll be out of here."

"Right," Aer hacked, "and on to the next, worse battle."

"No point in whingeing about it here. Come on, get up. Walk it off. You can sleep on the way to the next Cloister."

Grumbling and coughing, Aer staggered to his feet, brushed himself off, and quietly shambled over to where Eddora stood, waiting impatiently.

"Sorry," he said quietly. "Did my spell work? I... it was a form of Gravity, but it took a bit of fight out of me."

((Odd place to stop, but that's what happens when characters ask questions. x.x I'm thinking the fayth can sense the evil of Oebr's summoning, but they can't see it clearly, and they can't tell who is the 'fiend summoner', so they have to test every summoner that passes. Something along those lines.))  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 07, 2008 11:51 pm
((Sorry that this isn't actually a real post, but I wanted to clear something up. I was kind of thinking that this battle would sort of accomplish the same thing that praying to the fayth normally does - i.e. acquiring the aeon. That was what the whole "She was Valefor" paragraph was about. Is that a stupid idea? Do you think it would work like that, or does she still need to go and pray to the fayth?))  

Griselda Banks

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Fri Feb 08, 2008 9:54 am
((Ohhhhh. Yeah, that's fine. I wasn't quite sure what the practical upshot of your post was, but if that's the case, we're in good shape. I'm going to edit my OOC, then, because it doesn't quite fit with reality at the moment.

(Edited!) ))  
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 5:50 am
((Okay, phew. I guess I should've mentioned it in an OOC of that post. I always forget that you can't read my mind xd ))

Ed crossed her arms tapped her foot, mind wandering as Calaman went over to rouse Aer. She could feel the presence of Valefor within her, which was slightly unsettling and somewhat comforting at the same time. There was no hint of the maliciousness Valefor had displayed during the battle, none of the crafty shrewdness. Which is good, Ed reasoned, 'cause otherwise she might rip me apart from inside or something. She shuddered at such a thought. But then something else struck her, and she stiffened. That voice called me Ed. It sounded like her, but...but she never called me Ed. She always called me Dora. But what did that mean? Valefor had obviously known who she was, and how important she had been. But then Valefor had made a little mistake like that, an easy mistake to make unless one knew her as well as Ed did.

Eddora suddenly snapped from her thoughts as Aer made his way over to her, and she realized that she probably should have been over there with Calaman to help. "Oh," she said lamely in answer to his question, part of her mind still occupied with the questions that she realized would probably not be answered for some time yet. She wrenched her mind back to the present and said, "Yes. Yes, I think it did the trick, actually. Um...thanks, I guess. Come on, you two. We'd better get out of here. Can you walk?" she asked Aer a little more sharply than she had intended.  

Griselda Banks

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Sun Feb 10, 2008 4:28 pm
((Hwa! You just gave me an idea to fill up a couple of holes. Here's how it works, then: Since the fayth can't clearly tell who the fiend summoner is, they test every summoner, first with an ordinary test, i.e., the mysterious blast from Eddora's past, and if the summoner/party fails this test, they must face the aeon in battle. So, if they pass the first test, they need never face the second. Hm, hm?))

Aer flinched uncharacteristically; clearly, his spell had taken a lot out of him. Nodding, he started for the exit without waiting for anyone.

Calaman straightened and closed his eyes for a few seconds. A wave of cold air seemed to have swept over him. He realized something was wrong when he noticed that no one else seemed to have noticed, but it didn't happen again. He shuddered, and after checking his equipment, took his usual spot behind and beside Eddora. He made a weary mental note to scold Aer for straying too far from Eddora, but he had no expectation of actually following through on it.

((Short post, but at the moment, all of my plans need time to come to fruition. Actually, as soon as we "GTFO" of the Cloister, I can give a little bit more of Oebr's involvement. I imagine his trip into the Cloister will be pretty interesting. smile ))  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 6:03 am
((Oooh. Fwahaha, yes, that'll be fun. I like your idea for the fayth issue. See what interesting things can come from a simple misstep? twisted So, we'll be going through similar things in every Cloister, then?))

Eddora hastened after Aer, oblivious to Calaman's unease, and briskly resumed the proper position for a summoner: directly in front. The three of them quickly retraced their steps up the staircase, and when they were all in the small room again, the wall closed behind them. "I wonder how long we were in there," she murmured as she placed both hands against the heavy doors leading back to the main temple area, and pushed them open.

Several villagers loitered about the temple, kneeling in prayer before the various statues along the walls, but obviously there mainly for the purpose of seeing summoners passing in and out of the Cloister. All those present bowed low in the prayer when they looked up and saw Eddora in the Cloister doorway. Ed returned the gesture, then swiftly descended the stairs. "You guys up to a hike?" she asked her two companions in an undertone over her shoulder. "Or should we rest here until tomorrow?" She was anxious to continue; she felt oddly vigorous considering the trial they had just gone through. Well, maybe it was because of the trial that she wanted to press on even harder than before. If even the fayth are worried, she reasoned to herself, we need to defeat Sin as soon as possible.  

Griselda Banks

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Mon Feb 11, 2008 8:11 am
Aer said nothing, but Calaman could see the hesitation in everything about him, and hastened to speak before the mage could arrange his thoughts.

"We are your guardians, Lady. Where you go, we follow, and so it shall remain."

Aer said nothing, but sucked pensively on the inside of his cheek.

Both of the de facto guardians stiffened, however, when another figure darkened the entrance to the temple. Oebr, flanked by his unnaturally similar guardians, strode forward with his hands outstretched in congratulations. His face was graced by a smile - his eyes notwithstanding.

"And thus, the second summoner emerges, triumphant," he announced. A number of onlookers clapped their hands as if it were a show. Calaman resisted a powerful urge to lay his hand on the hilt of his blade.

"How reassuring," Yachesa said, her eyes securely - and narrowly - fixated upon Eddora. The unspoken remark was clear: 'If she can do it...'  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 8:26 am
Eddora turned to see what the others were looking at, and she stiffened as well when she saw that it was Oebr. Her brain seemed to explode with rage when she heard Yachesa's words, but with the utmost difficulty she managed to control herself. Clasping her hands behind her back so that no one would see them tightening into fists, she forced a small smile onto her lips. "Indeed," she said somewhat tightly. "A breeze, really. I just hope that some other summoners will be able to manage it." Tight-lipped smile widening ever so slightly, she performed the prayer gesture and marched away from Oebr, unconsciously grinding her teeth together.

When they were out of earshot, Ed muttered to Aer, "We're going to the ship. If you collapse or something, I'm carrying you, okay? I have to get away from that man!"  

Griselda Banks

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 10:39 am
((It occurs to me that Aer has been getting less and less 'noble' as we go... I haven't even noticed until now. Maybe I'm doing it to create a more visible contrast between Aer and Calaman. Eh.))

"Don't worry abou me," Aer snorted. "You're the one who looks like she's about to catch fire. He's just a self-centered, self-righteous jerk, right? You shouldn't let it get to you."

"Indeed," Calaman said, and then stopped walking. Aer glanced back, and paused, concerned.

"Hey, Brutus, are you all right?"

Calaman closed his eyes and shook his head. His right hand went to his stomach, his left to his forehead. He looked like he was about to vomit. Aer glanced at Eddora, then moved over to support Calaman. Both of them sagged slightly, as Aer wasn't quite up to snuff either.

"What's wrong with you this time, huh? Feeling guilty about killing aeons, too? Maybe you should consider a different line of work."

"Not... that," Calaman moaned. "Something's... wrong."

"We should get him to a bed," Aer said apologetically. "Looks like we'll have to get back onto the ship anyway. No vacation time, I suppose."

((I expect that I'll have a chance to say exactly what's wrong with Calaman in the next post or two. Don't worry overmuch, I really just did it for drama; it's not storyline-central or anything like that.))  
PostPosted: Wed Feb 13, 2008 11:20 am
((Oh, and we mustn't forget Oebr, just for poops and giggles. smile I jes' noticed that Oebr's party is entirely composed of magic-users. A summoner, a black mage, and a white mage.))

"Come, then," Oebr said to his guardians after the woman and her dogs had stormed off. "We're not here to sightsee." Wordlessly, the three of them entered the Cloister, paying little attention to the observers.

When they emerged into the main room, Oebr snorted quietly. "Child's play," he muttered, and strode toward the orb in the wall. "It seems this will not be so difficult after all."

~

Yachesa and Yachesen eyed each other warily as they traversed the dark and eerie interior of the temple.

Drip... drip. The sound was distracting, but it was easy to withdraw into themselves to aid concentration. The shadows were still, the walls bare.

Even in the deathly silence, the guardians did not hear as a panel of the wall slid quietly aside. Oebr, however, was facing directly toward it.

A pair of ghostly blue eyes met Oebr's, and he lowered his eyelids cautiously.

Oebr, something whispered for his ears alone. Oebr, it's me. You haven't forgotten about me, have you, Oebr? It's been so long, but I've never forgotten about you. You couldn't have done anything, Oebr. It wasn't your fault. But, Oebr... If you ever loved me, please, come to me. I've missed you so much, Oebr. I'm so cold, Oebr, so afraid. Oebr, please...

Oebr's face slackened for an instant; the memory of that voice cut straight through his arrogant facade, straight to his heart, to his memories of home. Memories of safety. Memories of love. For an instant, Oebr was young again. For an instant, Oebr was a boy instead of a man. For an instant, Oebr was in love again.

Then he gnashed his teeth and clapped his hands together. Deceitful beasts, he thought furiously as he began to summon - anything. A Garuda. A Tonberry. A Malboro, if it would even fit in this enclosed space. But then another voice rang out through the Cloister.

Calm yourself, summoner; you have been tested, and you have done well. If it is your wish, proceed and kneel in prayer to the fayth.

Oebr stared into the dark corridor. The eyes had faded, dissipating like smoke, and he could swear that he heard a rustling of feathers.

Yachesa and Yachesen had whirled at the sound of the last voice; it had apparently spoken for all to hear.

Tears burned Oebr's eyes, and rage at his own vulnerability flooded him. If the fayth try that again... I will burn their beloved Cloister to the ground. Snarling at his guardians' expressions of mild concern, he swept forward into the shadows.  

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 2:42 am
((I think Aer's fine, but of course that's just from an outsider's point of view. Eh. Makes it easier for Ed to get irritated at him, so I'm happy xd

Ooh, the Oebr post was interesting. I find it ironic that the fayth accepted him, even though he's the one who's making them upset (right?). But I guess they can't tell. Though they probably would've figured it out if he'd gone through with the summoning....))

"Who's letting it get to them?" Eddora snapped, a vein pulsing angrily over her temple. "If you so much as suggest that-" Suddenly she realized Aer's attention was directed not at her, but at Calaman, and she turned around.

Ed bent over Calaman as well, Oebr completely forgotten. "You okay?" she asked in concern, putting a hand on his shoulder, then looked closer at his face. "Well, maybe that was a stupid question." She reached out and felt his forehead - clammy. Ed hastily ran through their options. "Can you make it to the ship? We could probably get one of these villagers to let you lay down in one of their huts or something. Or maybe we-" Ed glanced at Aer's weary face and quickly corrected herself. "-I could carry you."

Ed frowned slightly. If it's not one thing, it's another.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 15, 2008 8:59 am
((It just occured to me that I should probably avoid having him summon fiends in the presence of the fayth. x.x Though I think I can get away with that post for two reasons: One, they didn't detect it because he didn't really go through with it; and two, he would normally be too cautious to do something so careless, but he was, in a word, unsettled, as we saw. sweatdrop I need to be more careful, that's two almost-eph-ups already.))

Calaman swallowed and managed to straighten. The wave of - whatever - had passed. Mostly. He still felt... cold. But his body had apparently decided to obey him once more, and he took full advantage of this by striding once more in the direction of the ship. "To the ship," he said. His voice sounded distant. "It's - passed for now. I'll rest on the ship. I'll probably be fine."

"I don't like this," Aer said suddenly, hastening to catch up with him. "Edd - La - Hey," he said, completely forgoing any term of address for Eddora, "whatever is wrong with him physically, this idiot is going to run himself into the ground to prove it isn't anything serious."

"No, I won't," Calaman growled, turning. He was swaying slightly on his feet, but didn't seem to notice. "I just want to get moving. Like I said, I can rest on the ship."

Aer snorted and looked to Eddora. "The decision is yours," he said, shrugging. "I suppose the ship really isn't that far away, and we do need to get moving."

Calaman snarled. "I said, I can get to the damn ship without any problems. Ed already said she wants to get on the damn road, so let's go!"

Aer blinked, taken aback. "Now I know there's something wrong with him," he muttered.

((Meep, Calaman using a four-letter word! Albeit a rather tame one. razz ))  

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Sun Feb 17, 2008 7:39 am
(( xd I liked Aer's "Edd - La - Hey."))

"You really are an idiot, did you know that?" Eddora muttered to Calaman as they strode out of the village. "That's the problem when some fourteen-year-old decides to become a guardian. You get all cocky, and think you can handle the world, but really all you are inside is just an uprooted child with nowhere to go." A strange look appeared on her face, but then it was lost in a fierce scowl as she kicked a pebble off the road. Then she turned to Calaman and snapped, "Well, I'm not gonna play Mama, okay? If you get even worse for being stupid, it'll be your own fault.

"Just you watch," she added to Aer. "Next thing you know, he'll be hurling into the bushes."  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 11:31 am
((All right, I expect I should have a chance to say exactly what's wrong in the next post. Whether we can fix it immediately remains to be seen, but I imagine a Full Heal ought to do the trick. Oh, wait, this isn't Pokemon. razz ))

Aer snorted and Calaman scowled, saying nothing while they continued on to the ship. Aer found himself unsurprised when Calaman fell to one knee almost immediately upon boarding. He hugged himself and shook his head. "I'm - fine," he managed.

Aer grunted and yanked Calaman to his feet, ignoring when the younger guardian tried to pull away. "To a bed with you," Aer muttered, "and then I'll try and figure out what you've done to yourself."

"I didn't do anything!" Calaman snapped.

"Calm down, will you? All of this display of emotion isn't like you, and it's not very flattering. Come on, back to the cabin." They disappeared into the bowels of the ship, back to the room they'd used before.

Ikken Isshu

Shirtless Vampire

4,700 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Conversationalist 100
  • Forum Sophomore 300

Griselda Banks

PostPosted: Wed Feb 20, 2008 7:46 am
Eddora hesitated, then called after Aer's retreating form, "Make sure he lies down when you get there!" Then she briefly searched the ship for the captain, tried to pay for their passage, and was rebuffed on the grounds that she was a summoner. Ed shrugged, accepting the offer without comment, and hurried down to their cabin.

Ed opened the door and saw, to her satisfaction, that Calaman was on the bed. She closed the door behind herself with a snap and faced Calaman, hands on hips. "Okay, boy," she said sternly. "Now what's wrong with you? And don't say, 'nothing, I'm fine!'"  
03 One-on-One RPs

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 24 25 26 27 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff