Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply ~ Main Forum ~
I think you'll find this highly interesting. . . Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jkiller00

PostPosted: Wed Aug 27, 2008 9:42 pm
Fight the Power scream  
PostPosted: Thu Aug 28, 2008 2:51 am
-sigh- Why was this nearly year old thread BUMPED?  

Macabre_Cogitation
Crew

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 6:30 am
I'm always baffled by what threads do and don't get bumped.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 29, 2008 8:36 pm

Strict school dress codes suck. At my boyfriend's new school, they won't let anyone wear any somewhat worn clothing, period. If you got annoyed with a shirt and tore the sleeves off, you can't wear it. They back it up by saying that it's promoting violence (and don't ask me why; they're all retards, if you ask me.)

So, they won't let you wear any goth clothing? Like no black or dark or anything?

The Great Particle Wad

Coffee Makes You Fat

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:02 am
spooky_sez
Gah. That sucks, man.

If they want something to ban they should ban pants that have the crotch lower than mid-thigh. Damn wiggas.

just though I'd bring this back because if you got your pants so damn low girls can see why you need an additude to get a woman there is something wrong with your mental stability.
If there are going to ban anything it should be clothes that advertise gangs the morons think its cool to be labeled trouble and have a gun go up they're a**. well if anything that style is the dirtiest one I've ever seen I don't care if I get flamed for this but come on I think gang is one to be worried about more then goth/emo/punk or what ever else along the lines of that. also death is a part of life skulls are what give our heads its shape and showing your appreciation for a band threw a shirt is ******** awesome. Emo hair is to be envied btw heart if they want to make all of us ******** preppies they need to get laid and get several STDs evil I will not change my style just to satisfy they're need to be Fidel Castro wannabes. scream that is all...for now.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:28 pm
that reminds me of this thing a little kid said at school when me and my freinds where helping out with the year end pow wow (yeah my school is realy big on that) and this little girl pointed at my spiked collar and said you cant where that this is a indian place and then said the same thing to my freind who was whering a lacey black collar i replyed "oh my sweet child dont you know i to am half Native amarican so does that make my home a indian place? so im not alowed to where what i want last i cheeked the law says im aloud to where what i wish where i like"  

-Lo Va Tits-

Dapper Fatcat

lola_siannodel

PostPosted: Mon Sep 01, 2008 6:50 pm
You could acctualy threaten to sue the school saying they're restricting your right to freedom of expression. That's what I would do, anyway.  
PostPosted: Sun Sep 07, 2008 4:34 pm
Yeah, I've got a ban like that at my private school -.-..... I push the envelope as much as I can but my mom's a teacher who's not afraid to yell ><..... My girlfriend's school tried it once but it didn't work.... Heh  

JTHMFrAeK-Ghoat

ThePoeticNothing

PostPosted: Wed Sep 10, 2008 7:23 pm
Find out what the "Dress" code is and dress within it as gothic as possible.
My school has uniforms and I still look gothic and no one can say a darn thing cause it's in the dress code.
It's all a matter of loops holes and pissing ppl off from a distance.
PLus, the only way that'd fail is if they band black clothing pernamently and give you all uniforms and head to toe dress code. I dout they'll go though that much trouble to make it work.  
PostPosted: Fri Oct 31, 2008 6:09 pm
God I hate people, why do we have to be out casts? F**k that s***, sorry that you have to deal with that.  

Sodamu

Rellik San
Crew

PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 5:22 am
Sodamu
God I hate people, why do we have to be out casts? F**k that s***, sorry that you have to deal with that.

You're only an outcast if you make yourself one.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 01, 2008 6:06 am
Rellik San
Sodamu

This is correct.  

GilAskan
Crew

Henneth Annun
Captain

PostPosted: Sun Nov 02, 2008 12:35 pm
GilAskan
Rellik San
Sodamu
God I hate people, why do we have to be outcasts? F**k that s***, sorry that you have to deal with that.

This is correct.

Agreed.
-
We don't have to be anything.

There are plenty of people, millions, in alternative cultures that aren't outcasts. Maybe you feel you are because you've done it to yourself.  
PostPosted: Mon Nov 03, 2008 4:35 am
eh! I didn't know about this and I live in Florida (shows you how much I pay attention) but yeah. Im glad my school is not like this. I'd seriously die, and i would have to go somewhere to buy a whole lot of new clothes >.< which would result in me using money I don't have.

My best friends school is a lot like this though, they don't allow people to wear much black at all. You cant have peircings unless on your ears, and you can't wear and you cant have an over amount of jewelry on. Its so stupid.

Why cant people allow people to dress the way they want? If you ask me they should stop going after us and start going after those people who wear to short shorts in gym class, or those who wear short skirts that barly cover anything. >.> geez! I know several people who dress so skanky and then Im the one who gets in trouble for holes in my jeans that are BELOW my knee.!

What-I-am-Is-ME

technicolor scenery

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2008 12:02 am
the only thing i wouldnt promote is dressing like marilyn manson cuz he dresses goth and gay at the same time  
~ Main Forum ~

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff