Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Stormbird_Rising

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:17 am
For some reason I've gotten the impression that green stuff sculpting is really hard to do, I mean, I look at the stuff they do in White Dwarf and I'm like "how the hell do they pull that off?" Is it really as hard to do as I think it is, or a lot simpler?  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:20 am
it is a question of concentration. Do you have a steady hand, lots of patience, and a creative mind? If so, grab some tools to scult with, grab some water, and a pack of green stuff.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Stormbird_Rising

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:23 am
I've got the steady hand and the creative mind but not much patience lol. I think I'll give it a shot... the one thing I really need to do is fix my Obliterators 'cause they've got huge gaps and stuff, and I'd have to sculpt all the skin and crap like that. Hmm...  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:29 am
Stormbird_Rising
I've got the steady hand and the creative mind but not much patience lol. I think I'll give it a shot... the one thing I really need to do is fix my Obliterators 'cause they've got huge gaps and stuff, and I'd have to sculpt all the skin and crap like that. Hmm...
gap filling is the easiest thing to do. Start with that, not sculpting. 3nodding Just plug the gap, smooth it over, wait a day to make sure it's dry, then sand it down flat.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Stormbird_Rising

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:34 am
ooh spiffy, next time I'm at the hobby shop I'll pick some up  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 8:39 am
hint - get a GW sculpting tool. And have some WATER with you when you use it. Green stuff is ever so slightly sticky. Dipping your tool in water will stop it sticking, and ruining things. also, if you gently dip your finger in water, and quickly run along a smooth wet line, you can flatten it out nicely with no marks. 3nodding  

Cagalli Yura Attha

wash_away

PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:40 pm
I use to have some sculpting stuff like that but it dried up in the bottle (it was old) so I was wondering, can you use other kind's of model clay or do you have to use the green stuff. If so what is it called I don't get my stuff from game's workshop so I don't know any of there stuff sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Aug 17, 2005 5:48 pm
wash_away
I use to have some sculpting stuff like that but it dried up in the bottle (it was old) so I was wondering, can you use other kind's of model clay or do you have to use the green stuff. If so what is it called I don't get my stuff from game's workshop so I don't know any of there stuff sweatdrop
green stuff is basic two-part epoxy putty. There's also brown stuff, which is a harder, less sticky version, good for doing larger parts of a model. Search around.  

Cagalli Yura Attha

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 10:00 pm
ill be showing off my tech preist tomorrow he kicks a** my best paint job so far  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 19, 2005 11:40 pm
I would have put this piece in the contest but I got the box two day's after the contest end. I'll see if I can get a better pic tomorrow.

User Image  

wash_away

Mat

Dangerous Soldier

8,500 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Peoplewatcher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 10:23 am
wash_away
I would have put this piece in the contest but I got the box two day's after the contest end. I'll see if I can get a better pic tomorrow.

User Image

your still good to enter the contest i have pink eye now and have extended the days  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 20, 2005 7:38 pm
Can anyone give me any tips at all on highlighting models?  

Vinnicius

wash_away

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:43 am
I can't think of an idea to keep this guy from looking like a cartoon

User Image

User Image  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 11:45 am
XRedSamuraiX
Can anyone give me any tips at all on highlighting models?

use a darker color then you want (just mix it with black) then use the collor you want but dry brush then you a lighter color and take off more paint from the brush. then if you have them ink the part.  

wash_away

Fignuts 2.0

PostPosted: Mon Aug 22, 2005 4:49 pm
I made the huge mistake of buying only atleast 4 paints and an ork regiment, and I painted ALL of them the wrong shade of green. Snot green isn't good looking on orks, I've just found out. I went out to buy more and more paints. Also another thing I did wrong. I just can't make a decision on my colors!

1. Always start with a darker color. Example: Chaos black->Dark Angels green->goblin green (Maybe then scorpion green, if you want lighter skin)
Don't make the same mistake I did, if you're first starting out.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff