Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Shounen Ai and Yaoi Guild

Back to Guilds

A Guild dedicated to discussing Yaoi and Boy Love. 

Tags: yaoi, shounen ai, boy love, anime, manga 

Reply The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild
[Gay Literature] Yaoi Books Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cara_Pheonix

PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 11:45 am
It's probably already been said but... "The Vampire Chronicles" By Anne Rice are amazing and you won't have any difficulty finding a Yaoi pairing that you like. xD  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 3:25 pm
The Last Herald-Mage trilogy by Mercedes Lackey.

Books, in order, include:

Magic's Pawn
Magic's Promise
Magic's Price

The main character, Vanyel, is gay. These are traditional fantasy books. Wonderfully written. Lackey is one of my all-time favorites. Her characters are so lovable. ^^ heart I HIGHLY recommend this series.  

Malinchak

Katastrophic_Kate

PostPosted: Fri Mar 07, 2008 3:44 pm
Miss Sushii
Skizzors
Waronik
[Romiette]
In Holly Black's book "Tithe" she brirfly mentions shonen ai (but she actually means yaoi) and one of the male characters sort of falls in love with a dark faerie lord person.
Are you talking of the " Spiderwick Chronicles" ?
Isn't that a children's series? I doubt it'd reference yaoi, even briefly.

No, Tithe is a teen fantasy. Holly Black has released three rather dark faerie tales for teenagers titled "Tithe" "Valiant" and "Ironside". "Tithe" has a gay main character.. well, he's not THE main character but very important. You get fanservice of him and mr. MWAHAHA SEXY ELF MASOCHIST GUY~

Allow me to give you my favorite line from the book!

Kaye: Did he hurt you?
Corny: Not more than I wanted him to...

>w<

Yes, Holly Black wrote Spiderwick AND Tithe, Valliant and Ironside. And I highly reccomend this series not only because of the gay boys but because Rath Robien Rye is F'ing sexy!
But yeah, Corny not only gets it on with the fairy guy, but in the last book he actually gets together with Luis *yaay!* it's sooo cute!
Oh, and my favorite line from Tithe is the one where Corny explains how he came out to his mom
"Hey, Mom, you know that forbidden love Spock has for Kirk, well me too."
I lol'd for ten minutes.

Oh and another book with gay boys is Prince of Shadow by Curt Benjamin. It's a fantasy and the gay boys(Bixie and Stipes) are more minor characters, but they're really funny.  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 31, 2008 8:10 pm
The first and only gay novel I read was ''Cry to Heaven'', from Anne Rice.
I was 13 at that time, and I didn't know the exact content of the book, it's pretty erotic! xDDD

it should be for 18 and up! xDD, but hey, rules are meant to be broken! whee  

Naokiru Michiyuki

Skizzors
Crew

PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 3:41 am
Wait, did I ever mention? Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn Hale. Plot!:

Belimai Sykes is many things: a Prodigal, the
descendant of ancient demons, a creature of dark temptations and rare powers. He is also a man with a brutal past and a dangerous addiction.

And Belimai Sykes is the only man Captain William Harper can turn to when faced with a series of grisly murders.

But Mr. Sykes does not work for free and the price of Belimai’s company will cost Captain Harper far more than his reputation.

From the ornate mansions of noblemen, where
vivisection and sorcery are hidden beneath a veneer of gold, to the steaming slums of Hells Below, Captain Harper must fight for justice and for his life.

His enemies are many and his only ally is a devil he knows too well. Such are the dangers of dealing with the wicked.  
PostPosted: Tue Apr 01, 2008 5:08 am
Skizzors
Wait, did I ever mention? Wicked Gentlemen by Ginn Hale. Plot!:

Belimai Sykes is many things: a Prodigal, the
descendant of ancient demons, a creature of dark temptations and rare powers. He is also a man with a brutal past and a dangerous addiction.

And Belimai Sykes is the only man Captain William Harper can turn to when faced with a series of grisly murders.

But Mr. Sykes does not work for free and the price of Belimai’s company will cost Captain Harper far more than his reputation.

From the ornate mansions of noblemen, where
vivisection and sorcery are hidden beneath a veneer of gold, to the steaming slums of Hells Below, Captain Harper must fight for justice and for his life.

His enemies are many and his only ally is a devil he knows too well. Such are the dangers of dealing with the wicked.
Rulin' ya universes...

eek This sounds viciously promising.
...since 1992.

User_2629207

[Ryan Azarcon]

PostPosted: Tue May 20, 2008 1:22 pm
(Can't remember if I posted in here before... If I have, I apologize!)

My favorite book is Warchild by Karin Lowachee, its not out-right gay but the main character and a friend from his childhood kind of have a thing going on. The latest book she wrote in the series, Cagebird, actually contains more "yaoi/BL" so.. they're really great books.

Also Luck in the Shadows by Lynn Flewelling (and the two books after that) are really good and cute. There's no sex (well..) but its really cute and very interesting.

Once again I apologize if I've already posted this.... I can't remember, its been so long.... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:08 am
Katastrophic_Kate
Miss Sushii
Skizzors
Waronik
[Romiette]
In Holly Black's book "Tithe" she brirfly mentions shonen ai (but she actually means yaoi) and one of the male characters sort of falls in love with a dark faerie lord person.
Are you talking of the " Spiderwick Chronicles" ?
Isn't that a children's series? I doubt it'd reference yaoi, even briefly.

No, Tithe is a teen fantasy. Holly Black has released three rather dark faerie tales for teenagers titled "Tithe" "Valiant" and "Ironside". "Tithe" has a gay main character.. well, he's not THE main character but very important. You get fanservice of him and mr. MWAHAHA SEXY ELF MASOCHIST GUY~

Allow me to give you my favorite line from the book!

Kaye: Did he hurt you?
Corny: Not more than I wanted him to...

>w<

Yes, Holly Black wrote Spiderwick AND Tithe, Valliant and Ironside. And I highly reccomend this series not only because of the gay boys but because Rath Robien Rye is F'ing sexy!
But yeah, Corny not only gets it on with the fairy guy, but in the last book he actually gets together with Luis *yaay!* it's sooo cute!
Oh, and my favorite line from Tithe is the one where Corny explains how he came out to his mom
"Hey, Mom, you know that forbidden love Spock has for Kirk, well me too."
I lol'd for ten minutes.

Oh and another book with gay boys is Prince of Shadow by Curt Benjamin. It's a fantasy and the gay boys(Bixie and Stipes) are more minor characters, but they're really funny.
Rulin' ya universes...

AAh nuu you spoiled it.. BUT HOMG LUIS REALLY!? *squeeeeee*
I read the start of ironside... the part where Roiben is pretending to be a dining table and there is liek srsly gaiz, get a room with Nephamael. It was squeetastic!
I had such a schoolgirl crush on Roiben when I was 13, lol. But for serious, he'd be a great boyfriend. he could follow you around and stab whoever was being mean to you biggrin
...since 1992.

User_2629207

User_2629207

PostPosted: Fri May 23, 2008 5:11 am
Naokiru Michiyuki
The first and only gay novel I read was ''Cry to Heaven'', from Anne Rice.
I was 13 at that time, and I didn't know the exact content of the book, it's pretty erotic! xDDD

it should be for 18 and up! xDD, but hey, rules are meant to be broken! whee
Rulin' ya universes...

Anne Rice?
Erotic?
YESPLZNAOKTHXBAI.
This is on my reading list now biggrin I'm gonna make my school library buy it for me xD
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2008 10:12 pm
I've read a bit of Only The Ring Finger Knows : the Lonely Ring Finger by by Satoru Kannagi and Hotaru Odagiri. The Manga was based on the Novels.

And are you talking about Gay Literature or Yaoi Novels? confused  

Kuo51

User_2629207

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 1:52 am
Kuo51
I've read a bit of Only The Ring Finger Knows : the Lonely Ring Finger by by Satoru Kannagi and Hotaru Odagiri. The Manga was based on the Novels.

And are you talking about Gay Literature or Yaoi Novels? confused
Rulin' ya universes...

Both, I would think. Also, GAH I LOVE YOUR AVI <3
...since 1992.

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:19 pm
See, I like Only the Ring Finger Knows, but that's a yaoi novel. :3

I have to admit I've never read a gay book, and I'm not sure if I'd even want to. They seem to lack...hmm...a true love story? Yeah, and I don't like their excessive usage of the word "gay". It's nothing to be ashamed of, yes, but something about focusing on the topic bothers me. Just have two boys fall in love, and don't even say anything about homosexuality. neutral  

Lunar Pillow I Choose You

caseyarmagh

PostPosted: Tue Jun 10, 2008 3:57 pm
Lynn Flewelling's Nightrunner series. Luck in the Shadows, Stalking Darkness, Traitor's Moon and the fourth is just coming out this month - Shadow's Return.
AWESEOME books. Lots of hints. smile

Mercedes Lackey's Last Herald-Mage trilogy. Don't read if you are really depressed. Or if you are really happy. But do read.

Sarah Monette's Melusine, The Virtu, The Mirador and Corambis (forth coming) have gay characters and it's my favourite series of all time. May not be for the younger crowd. I'd say 16+ and up.

Fiona Patton has "companions" in her books, that can both be male or female, depending on whom they are paired with.  
PostPosted: Wed Jun 11, 2008 6:03 am
There's this awesome book called Why We Never Danced The Charleston. It's set back in the day and it's about this really cute love triangle. It's kind of reminds me of that Heath Ledger and Jake film with the cowboys in it who fell in love. It even has some s*x scenes in it.  

smileontheedge

User_2629207

PostPosted: Thu Jun 12, 2008 12:00 am
smileontheedge
There's this awesome book called Why We Never Danced The Charleston. It's set back in the day and it's about this really cute love triangle. It's kind of reminds me of that Heath Ledger and Jake film with the cowboys in it who fell in love. It even has some s*x scenes in it.
Rulin' ya universes...

...are you telling me that this is a book set in the 20's!? *DIES* I MUST READ IT!
...since 1992.

The Official Shounen Ai/Yaoi Guild

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces