Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Music - Related Topics
what is the worst band that has ever reached ur goth ears? Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

which would be the worst part?
  being dragged to a concert of a sucky band
  eating a bowl of live worms
View Results

GilAskan
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:29 pm
master_maji
stark espada1

99.8% of all country music
no all country music SUCKS!!!

You're walking a fine line.

Fall, and we may have to draw attention to the fact that you have Slipknot, Green Day, and Naruto-themes in your profile's playlist.  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:31 pm
holy travis
Jst about anything and everything in American mainstream. My musical flavor is different I guess. I need strong classical influence in my music. There are some bands without that influence that I like though; The Pillows, yeah yeah yeahs. One type of music I particularly can't stand is grunge. It annoys the hell out of me. I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, but now I must say it, or else it will poke holes into my stomach until I bleed gastric acid. Grunge music sounds like a bunch of children who came together for the first time and out of the blue they just start playing their instruments with no skill whatsoever. Then there's Nirvana... -_- That's my opinon. If I haven't said anything, it would have seriously bothered me. Sorry. I'm just that way...

Oh pal... your cruisin' fer a bruisin' with that one... sure Nirvana sucks and Kurt was a tosser... but you leave Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Sound Garden out of this... or there will be hell to pay.  

Rellik San
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Thu Jan 17, 2008 6:40 pm
holy travis
Tusyo
any rap (it's just one letter away from crap anyway). Hip Hop, R&B, etc. Makes me want to tear my ear drums out.

Oh, c'mon. Don't try to be a smart a** and refer to " dramallama You can't spell 'crap' withut 'rap!," everyone knows rap stands for "retards attempting poetry."

Either way, both lines join the list of "Most overused and annoying lines of all time," right next to "Labels are for soup cans," and "(You disagree with me, therefore) you have no life."  
PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 12:17 am
-Resurrected Writer-
holy travis
Tusyo
any rap (it's just one letter away from crap anyway). Hip Hop, R&B, etc. Makes me want to tear my ear drums out.

Oh, c'mon. Don't try to be a smart a** and refer to " dramallama You can't spell 'crap' withut 'rap!," everyone knows rap stands for "retards attempting poetry."

Either way, both lines join the list of "Most overused and annoying lines of all time," right next to "Labels are for soup cans," and "(You disagree with me, therefore) you have no life."
what about that ol' chestnut "GTFO MY INTERWBZ!!!"  

Rellik San
Crew

-Resurrected Writer-
Crew

PostPosted: Fri Jan 18, 2008 9:04 pm
Rellik San
-Resurrected Writer-
holy travis
Tusyo

A bit lower on the list, but still there.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 19, 2008 6:25 am
-Resurrected Writer-
Rellik San
-Resurrected Writer-
holy travis
Tusyo

A bit lower on the list, but still there.

I wouldn't even put "GTFO MY INTERWEBZ" on the list. The phrase has mostly become self-parody, or at least I rarely see it used in all seriousness.

"Goth is a state of mind!" is one I'm bugged by, as well as anything involving Chuck Norris.  

GilAskan
Crew

j3ll0_m0nk3y

High-functioning Shapeshifter

17,000 Points
  • Budding Witch 250
  • Conquerer of Familiars 350
  • Ghost Hunter 250
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 2:18 am
Interpol. I used to be okay with them until a girl I know said that they were an improvement upon Joy Division. (She also said that Bauhaus sucks, which is one of the reasons I don't talk to her anymore. XP)  
PostPosted: Sun Jan 20, 2008 7:38 am
You know what?
Zwan.  

IY_and_MCR
Crew

5,650 Points
  • Member 100
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0

Opium Hooker

PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 2:47 am
STFU!!!:

1. My Chemical Romance, their fans annoy me.

2.Buck Cherry, rolleyes

3.Amy Whinehouse.

4.Kate Nash

5. Well, this band is ...not a band anymore but...The Sex Pistols.

6.Anything in FBR besides Panic!

7. Hilary Duff. Stuf! you cant sing, and your not sexy

8.The veronicas  
PostPosted: Mon Feb 04, 2008 1:31 pm
My Chemical Romance.
'Nuff said.  

Nero PsyKoTiX

osozaki girl

Fashionable Prophet

PostPosted: Tue Feb 19, 2008 2:31 pm
I don't like songs that repeat the same things over again and have some kind of dance move to it.I'm not saying its just rap, because some rap songs are brilliant. But not those.
I don't like any kind of music with pointless lyrics about money, cars, your ex girlfriend, how "hot" you are, or degrading women. In ANY GENRE.
It bothers me when people My age like Hannah montana. If you're 11 or younger, it's ok, but when you hit high school it seems a bit silly D:
I don't like sceney trendy bands who all look and sound alike, have obnoxious names, and are worshipped by Scene Kids. The bands, I could care less, but it's the FANS.
AAAAUGH.
gonk  
PostPosted: Mon Mar 03, 2008 6:24 pm
What is some of the worst music I've heard:

Fall Out Boy...I despise them. Mainly because every song sounds the same and as a musician that urks me. They need to take their music to a new place.

Amy Winehouse... Does anyone else think she reminds you of a really bad drag act? I certainly do. I mean I love drag queens, but there are bad and good drag queens. Amy Winehouse is not one of them.

Paramore...I'm just tired of hearing them. Their songs aren't good enough that you can play them two thousand times and not get sick of them.

Laharl Part Deux

Submersion in Perversion

PostPosted: Thu Mar 06, 2008 8:45 am
>,< I feel kinda bad now because about six or seven of the bands that I like have been trashed on here.

On another note altogether, if you look at the posts that list Evanescence as a hated band, only one of them spelled the band's name right. I just find that kinda interesting.

Okay, now on to my hatred!

The kind of rap that you see on MTV, MTV2, and the BET channel. The commercial crud presents a horrible image of rap as a whole, and needs to be attacked with pitchforks and sharpened sporks.

HIM. I hate Ville Valo's voice, and I don't think he's at all attractive. That and I've been threatened by HIM fans for not liking HIM.

A large amount of the metalcore that I've heard. It bores me, or makes my ears jump off of tall buildings.

The Beatles. I have no logical justification for my hatred of them. I just do.

If I think of anything else, I'll edit this post.

NOTE: For those people who hate the song Lip Gloss, yet have no face to pin their rage on, it's a girl by the name of Lil' Mama.  
PostPosted: Sat Mar 22, 2008 7:45 pm
Rellik San
holy travis
Jst about anything and everything in American mainstream. My musical flavor is different I guess. I need strong classical influence in my music. There are some bands without that influence that I like though; The Pillows, yeah yeah yeahs. One type of music I particularly can't stand is grunge. It annoys the hell out of me. I'm sorry for what I'm about to say, but now I must say it, or else it will poke holes into my stomach until I bleed gastric acid. Grunge music sounds like a bunch of children who came together for the first time and out of the blue they just start playing their instruments with no skill whatsoever. Then there's Nirvana... -_- That's my opinon. If I haven't said anything, it would have seriously bothered me. Sorry. I'm just that way...

Oh pal... your cruisin' fer a bruisin' with that one... sure Nirvana sucks and Kurt was a tosser... but you leave Pearl Jam, Alice in Chains and Sound Garden out of this... or there will be hell to pay.
Yah man, you gotta watchit unless you wanna get jumped...by me and some of my "friends".

Now, to answer the question...

I hate....

1.Post-hardcore has some of the worst bands out there.
2.Those "punk" bands who are made up of three winey teenagers with songs that sound like Fall Out Boy and Greenday collided on the highway over a static rip.
3.Country touches a nerve with me, but they have some okay stuff. Like John Williamson, or however that Australian guy's name is spelled.
4.I HATE those major metal bands with NO talent, no matter how many members they have and how much they scream. 9 members for gods sake!! How the hell do you find a band with NINE people with NO talent???? 5.The BubbleGumPop or whatever the hell it's called
6.Much music from Disney or any music endorsed by them
7. Bands that whine to much, about anything
8. Relient K and the ten million clones they seem to have
9. Bands that just rip off the origional guys in the genera and drag the name of it through the mud in a dumpsite
10. Angst ridden guys complaining about their problems in life in a pathetic, talentless, waste-of-sonic-matter way.
11. Your average over rated mainstream band that has no right to be there and it's only purpose is to keep the GOOD stuff pure and true.

Some of the bands are BAD, but the fans....are even worse.

Okay, why so many rap Nazis here??? Seriously??? Not ALL of it's crap! You have to take some time to explore beyond what you here playing in people's cars and on the radio. They have some great stuff! It meant something too, just like punk did. I know a lot of rap fans who listen to rock too, they're more open minded then some of you guys here!

Side note, I don't think Nirvana or HIM are that bad, and I just know someone's going to flay me alive for something I've just said. Just my opinion.  

Henneth Annun
Captain

Kostbarer Alptraum

PostPosted: Tue Apr 29, 2008 4:23 pm
xd
You guys haven't heard of bad music until you've heard NorteƱas.

Music - Related Topics

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff