Welcome to Gaia! ::

+ The Official 'Got Goth?' Guild +

Back to Guilds

Tags: goth, subculture, alternative 

Reply Extended Discussion
cutting... what you think about it Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

~Octavia Sperati~

PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 3:10 pm
I cut to try and stop my friend from cutting, I know they do not want to hurt me so I cut when they cut.. So far I think it is working.

I have never seen a point in cutting except that itt is when you preffer the physical pain instead of mental.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 12, 2005 8:55 pm
~Octavia Sperati~
I cut to try and stop my friend from cutting, I know they do not want to hurt me so I cut when they cut.. So far I think it is working.

I have never seen a point in cutting except that itt is when you preffer the physical pain instead of mental.

Guilting someone out of cuttign can actually be worse for their cutting. it either forces them to do it so that you cant see it, Makes their habit/addiction worse because of the guilt, or in the rare occasion, it actually works, and if it does, that means they were probably jsut Cuttign to fit in, which is an obscene reason, but it happens.

If you've never seen a point in it, i envy you, I envy the lack of urge to take a blade to ones skin. Preferring pain? MEntal pain does nothing when you have no emotions. IT won't cause you to realize that you're still there, you still matter, you still exist. Physical pain forces you to reconnect.

Cutting is a horrible habit, and it has a nasty habit of becoming addicting. Be happy you've never seen a point in it.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

Lady_Threnody

Intellectual Lunatic

10,075 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Elocutionist 200
  • Conversationalist 100
PostPosted: Sun Nov 27, 2005 7:57 am
Dr_lecter1988
Cutting is never a good thing, ever. those of you who assume people do it for attention, why is it so hard to find out when people actually do it? It''s one of the reasons That i hardly ever bring up my own fight with depression and apathy that led me to self-injury just to keep myself "anchored" to this life. And the relation between cutting and Suicide is sorely misplaced. I personally did it to avoid that path. It was cut a little now and then, or commit suicide once. Which one would you have preferred? I dislike this thread, but you all have your own thoughts to interject. And i have no real reason to close it, but for the most part i will be ignoreing this. but if any of you have any questions or comments that isn''t "why?" feel free to pm me on that subject.

I understand where you are coming from with this subject even though I've never cutted... I have had the thoughts when I was younger and did try to commit suicide a few times, long ago. However, people must understand that others use cutting as an outlet to emotional turmoil/pain. In order to understand cutting you must take into considering what it is these people are actually going through. We all react differently to emotional turmoil, depression, etc but it doesn't mean we'll all be cutting.

To me, "Cutters" are just people who are dealing with problems not issues. Problems can be fixed, issues can't. Cutters have the ability to stop if they get some type of help or the like. People who are suicidal have issues, not problems. If they are going to commit suicide there is little to no chance that you can stop them. Thus, an issue that can't be worked around depending on the individuals.

No one should sit here and say that cutters have issues or that they are just like suicidal people because they're not. Yes they can eventually kill themselves by cutting but that is something they can prevent.

Either way, both Cutters and people who are suicidal shouldn't be looked down upon or ostrasized. They are just like everyone else with problems and the like, the only difference is that they choose a dangerous outlet. That's it. They're not psychos, they're not mentally ill, they're not insane, they're just people using a dangerous outlet that eventually becomes addictive. It's pain with pleasure.

PostPosted: Tue Nov 29, 2005 1:19 pm
Dr_lecter1988
~Octavia Sperati~

Guilting someone out of cuttign can actually be worse for their cutting. it either forces them to do it so that you cant see it, Makes their habit/addiction worse because of the guilt...

I totally agree with you there. Back when I was c*tting a lot my then-boyfriend said that if I kept doing it he'd break up with me (later he told me that he didn't mean it and he said that to make me stop) so I stopped and felt much much worse. I'd become addicted to it and it was just a horrible couple of weeks.  

Spooky Wasabi Princess

Proxy Risk-Taker

14,850 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Tested Practitioner 250
  • Magical Girl 50

SerratedSprinkles

5,900 Points
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Forum Dabbler 200
PostPosted: Fri Dec 02, 2005 5:45 pm
I've been doing..as much as I want to stop..it's hard fro me..it's like when I even see a knife, I just want to cut. To me it's like other people to smoking.. Its just a habbit hard to break...and I don't think I'm going to break it anytime soon  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 06, 2005 5:53 am
yowch...i used to have a girlfriend who was a cutter.

the way i see it, cutting is permanently ******** up your body when you're having temporary problems. some people get off on the pain....so whatever...personally, i see it as ok only if it seves a purpose, such as a donor cutting with a lancet or scalpel. so that a sang can feed....other than something like that i really cant condone it.  

DR490N

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:03 pm
I never thought cutting could become such an obsession with me but it did. I am now in a self-mutilators' self-help group on Gaia. I once cut myself 78 times in one minute, and I can't look at my legs without seeing some scarring. I used to think cutting would help me from commiting suicide but I've been getting worse. It's like withdrawal when you stop cutting, you get really sick mentally because you can't let out your pain physically. If I feel the urge I write a poem or draw about cutting. It's still really hard to stay away from the kitchen knives...  
PostPosted: Sun Dec 18, 2005 5:09 pm
To all cutters and self-mutilators, I recommend S.H.A.G. because it has helped with my cutting and everyone there is very open and no one judges another person.  

-Lasciate Ogni Speranza-

DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:03 am
i dont even know if people read this stuff but ill take my chances....

people might think that in this 14 years of my life everything has been alright, in the exterior i look all happy and seem like nothing is wrong with me..but deep inside im always feeling depressed, not really knowing why. let me start with this: i was born with what they call hydrocephalus. i've been operated 4 times since my birth and all those times my parents were there with me thru thick or thin. i had all my family in mom's side till i was bout 10 when we moved here in america. then everything went downhill from there. i liked my life back in my homeland, family and friends were there. im not saying that im ungrateful for the decision that my parents have done or anything but it seems like since that day i started school here was very different. i find myself alone, not used to it. then when i reached middle school, people started criticizing me for good and bad things. i was shattered. my self image of myself and all that, i always have low self esteem knowing that i would never be like the normal girls. i turned my mback into everything till i met this group of girls..i thought they were real, i thought they were gonna be there for me when i needed them. i was wrong. they left me there as if i didnt exist at all. then i met this new student. we bacame good friends and i learned bout how life used to be for her. i acknowledged the fact that we were facing almost the same things. we were the best of friends for 2 whole years then out of the blue she dumped me as her friend. ....she was the only person i trusted and was the only person i can call my best friend ever. she was the only one i opened up to....by this time i wanted to ask her why, she only reason she gave me was that she wanted her life back way before she met me..and she does not want to hang out with a "goth"..and a sad one at that. i turned yet again to nothing and left to my thoughts. i re-met this guy and got together, after a month i broke up with him...he knew i had problems to deal with nad i wanted to solve it alone. by this time i was feeling as if no one understood me...feeling as if i was always alone in my own world. no one to turn to. i started cuttin in 7th grade and till now i cant seem to stop. ive had therapy and all but i dont know anymore. even my parents doesnt give a damn anymore.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 5:09 am
DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER
i dont even know if people read this stuff but ill take my chances....

people might think that in this 14 years of my life everything has been alright, in the exterior i look all happy and seem like nothing is wrong with me..but deep inside im always feeling depressed, not really knowing why. let me start with this: i was born with what they call hydrocephalus. i've been operated 4 times since my birth and all those times my parents were there with me thru thick or thin. i had all my family in mom's side till i was bout 10 when we moved here in america. then everything went downhill from there. i liked my life back in my homeland, family and friends were there. im not saying that im ungrateful for the decision that my parents have done or anything but it seems like since that day i started school here was very different. i find myself alone, not used to it. then when i reached middle school, people started criticizing me for good and bad things. i was shattered. my self image of myself and all that, i always have low self esteem knowing that i would never be like the normal girls. i turned my mback into everything till i met this group of girls..i thought they were real, i thought they were gonna be there for me when i needed them. i was wrong. they left me there as if i didnt exist at all. then i met this new student. we bacame good friends and i learned bout how life used to be for her. i acknowledged the fact that we were facing almost the same things. we were the best of friends for 2 whole years then out of the blue she dumped me as her friend. ....she was the only person i trusted and was the only person i can call my best friend ever. she was the only one i opened up to....by this time i wanted to ask her why, she only reason she gave me was that she wanted her life back way before she met me..and she does not want to hang out with a "goth"..and a sad one at that. i turned yet again to nothing and left to my thoughts. i re-met this guy and got together, after a month i broke up with him...he knew i had problems to deal with nad i wanted to solve it alone. by this time i was feeling as if no one understood me...feeling as if i was always alone in my own world. no one to turn to. i started cuttin in 7th grade and till now i cant seem to stop. ive had therapy and all but i dont know anymore. even my parents doesnt give a damn anymore.

Well, there are always people who read this. ^_^
I understand how you feel about friends that don't stick around when you really truly need them though. All my childhood friends turned on me because I wasn't "Cool" and I was too trusting and naive when I was younger. Sadly I have few words that can sooth the pain of betrayal, but I can offer this much: Even when no other is here, we are here to talk with, so when the pain feels to great to bare alone you can always talk with us before turning against yourself and your wrists. In a lot of ways there are a few people who have posted that make an excellent support group.  

lurichan
Vice Captain

DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 1:30 pm
It just made me feel better just by typing all those, and thanks for reading, ma'am  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 3:53 pm
DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER
It just made me feel better just by typing all those, and thanks for reading, ma'am

I agree with What Lurichan said, if yo uever need anyone to talk to you can talk to us Just leave a post or if you don't want to post your problems you can PM or get in touch with me through AIM. I'm only one of the many people that would be willing to listen.  

Dr_lecter1988
Crew

DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER

PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 4:35 pm
Dr_lecter1988
DeaTh_WiLL_CoNQuER

I agree with What Lurichan said, if yo uever need anyone to talk to you can talk to us Just leave a post or if you don't want to post your problems you can PM or get in touch with me through AIM. I'm only one of the many people that would be willing to listen.
Thanks, I'll keep that in mind.  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 30, 2005 6:40 pm
It's a way to relieve stress.
And if you're doing it for suicide, then so be it.
Sure, there are many other ways to go about suicide.
But if this works for you~ Then go ahead.
I see staying alive as being more selfish than forcing yourself to stay alive.

Zombina Corpse

TheFallenDark

PostPosted: Sun Jan 01, 2006 2:25 am
i hope some1 reads this even if it makes me look like some whiny teen

...i think i first started cutting when i had to move to the other side of the state away from all the ppl that i knew and cared about at first i was too scared to do it because i didnt want to kill myself i just wanted to get away from it all for a little while.My cutting never really got worse until about 5th grade when i reailzed that i was singled out because i had a hearing problem and a weird accent(i souund a lil country)then i just coudnt stand to be around ppl.ever since i moved i never really liked my stepdad even if i have no reason not to like him and i started resenting my mom for wanting to move.But i got over cutting myself because it started to feel stupid because it wasnt helping that much anymore.But something happened to my friend today while she was having a party and she came on gaia crying.Naturally i tried to help her but she woudnt tell me what is wrong,finally i said i coudnt really help since the only thing i could do would be to hold her until she felt better(this is oinline in case you forgot)and after that she said she didnt want my pity or me to hold her that only her close friends should get to hold when shes like this...i just lost it on that i think i can avoid hurting myself for now if i dont get up.Sadly the point of my story is my friend whom i (thought)was really close too just totally blew me off and went to bed crying and probly hates me now

i know i sound like a whiny teen but i really could use a little emotional support right now she was one of my better friends and im so close to cutting myself to pieces  
Extended Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 9 11 12 13 14 [>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff