Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Best things you can ever say as a Pagan Goto Page: [] [<] 1 2 3 ... 4 5 6 7 8 [>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 10:26 am
TheDisreputableDog
Shorti Rock
TeaDidikai

Here's my starting example:

"Being powerful is like being a lady. If you have to tell someone you are- you aren't."

this is the best quote i have run into in a while. in fact, i stand by the fact that if one must boast then they are probably a fluffy bunny of sorts.
I hold this goes for good relationships too, but that's just me.
It reminds me of my favorite quote from St Francis too.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:23 pm
Shorti Rock
i stand by the fact that if one must boast then they are probably a fluffy bunny of sorts.

Prove that boasting equals fluffyism. Or rather, I contest this.  

jaden kendam

patch99329

PostPosted: Wed Sep 05, 2007 12:25 pm
jaden kendam
Shorti Rock
i stand by the fact that if one must boast then they are probably a fluffy bunny of sorts.

Prove that boasting equals fluffyism. Or rather, I contest this.

'i'm so effing powerful I could just curse your a** right now and you'd be dead before you knew what had hit you because I possess amazing poworz'

Thats how. It's not always the case, but you get the idea.  
PostPosted: Thu Sep 06, 2007 12:09 am
jaden kendam
Shorti Rock

I think it would be better to say that boasting and hubris are traits that are often found within fluffs, and that when one hears someone wax excessively about something that lays within the realms of mysticism, theology, and/or magical practices, it is a safe assumption that one is probably dealing with a fluffy of some sort.

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 11:32 am
Kuroiban
jaden kendam
Shorti Rock

I think it would be better to say that boasting and hubris are traits that are often found within fluffs, and that when one hears someone wax excessively about something that lays within the realms of mysticism, theology, and/or magical practices, it is a safe assumption that one is probably dealing with a fluffy of some sort.

However, there are people who do boast of what others have said of them. But, is that actually boasting or just repeating the message in a ego boosting way?

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 12:15 pm
jaden kendam
However, there are people who do boast of what others have said of them. But, is that actually boasting or just repeating the message in a ego boosting way?

Boasts and toasts are part of several traditions.

However- actions speak a lot for a person.  

TeaDidikai

TheDisreputableDog

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 3:45 pm
TeaDidikai
But isn't there a specific time and place for such things? A ceremony or gathering at the least? And being part of such a tradition, or the guest of ones who are... Rather than just spouting off on the internet...  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 5:02 pm
TheDisreputableDog
TeaDidikai
But isn't there a specific time and place for such things? A ceremony or gathering at the least? And being part of such a tradition, or the guest of ones who are... Rather than just spouting off on the internet...
Ceremonay is not always required. There are "proper" situations for it. And depending on the online scene, it may take place there as well.

However- all the cultures I know of expect Skill within said Boasts and Toasts.  

TeaDidikai

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Fri Sep 07, 2007 6:09 pm
TeaDidikai
TheDisreputableDog
TeaDidikai
Ceremonay is not always required. There are "proper" situations for it. And depending on the online scene, it may take place there as well.

However- all the cultures I know of expect Skill within said Boasts and Toasts.

Exactly, if you can not back up what you say you can do, or what some others say you can do, then you are just full of s**t.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:01 pm
TeaDidikai
[lady joker]
i only have to say i'm really sorry...i feel like an idiot
No need to be sorry and no need to feel bad.

Everyone makes mistakes and as long as you learned something, you're ahead of the game.

The one thing I would point out with the assertion from your first post is that just because it has been believed longer than another belief, that doesn't make it right.

In formal logic, that is known as an appeal to tradition- and it is a fallacy.

An example would be "People believed the earth was flat before people believed it was round, therefore it is flat!".

"My gods were worshiped before your gods- therefore you gods aren't real!"

See how they are similar?

I see how they are similar, but i didn't really mean to go that way. I'm not good with words. I try my best to not offend anyone. but i do understand and yes i did learn. I'll mostly do the only thing i do best; observe. so thank you.  

[lady joker]

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:05 pm
[lady joker]
I see how they are similar, but i didn't really mean to go that way. I'm not good with words. I try my best to not offend anyone. but i do understand and yes i did learn. I'll mostly do the only thing i do best; observe. so thank you.

Observation is a good teacher; participation a far better one.

Just a thought.  
PostPosted: Sat Sep 08, 2007 6:12 pm
Kuroiban
[lady joker]

Just a thought.

true. but i'm too shy for my own good. on the computer, i'll begin typing then stop and butt out. but in person, i really have nothing to say  

[lady joker]

jaden kendam

PostPosted: Sun Sep 09, 2007 7:46 am
[lady joker]
Kuroiban
[lady joker]

Just a thought.

true. but i'm too shy for my own good. on the computer, i'll begin typing then stop and butt out. but in person, i really have nothing to say

Then just watch people. Watching is a good tool as well. You do not always have to use your voice to make yourself heard. Although, if you are dealing with people that are bastardizing your faith system, sometimes it helps to be heard with a voice as well as actions and thoughts.  
PostPosted: Mon Sep 10, 2007 10:43 am
jaden kendam
Then just watch people. Watching is a good tool as well. You do not always have to use your voice to make yourself heard. Although, if you are dealing with people that are bastardizing your faith system, sometimes it helps to be heard with a voice as well as actions and thoughts.

I got most of what I thought, at the time, was life experience thru watching others and their actions. I learned, in time, that it was no substitute for action.

Which isn't to say that watching doesn't play it's part. Rather that it is not a suitable substitute for real life experience.  

Kuroiban

Dapper Explorer

2,450 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Statustician 100
  • Member 100

godhi

PostPosted: Wed Sep 12, 2007 12:49 am
On the subject of boasting, pride, and hubris... let's ask the Havamal, shall we?

Who travels widely needs his wits about him,
The stupid should stay at home:
The ignorant man is often laughed at
When he sits at meat with the sage.

Of his knowledge a man should never boast,
Rather be sparing of speech
When to his house a wiser comes:
Seldom do those who are silent Make mistakes;
mother wit is ever a faithful friend.

A guest should be courteous
When he comes to the table
And sit in wary silence,