Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 592 593 594 595 596 597 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 9:28 am
Vikki Stardust
We played Rogue Trader tho, so unless you convert your characters from dark heresy to there, no spaceships for you little acolyte. wink

That´s the best part, my character could get lost under the service of
a rogue trader or darker powers;
Mind-Scrubbed Techpriest "Pilgrim", at your service mistress. ^.^

Depends on what my GM has on his mind for Pilgrim´s past. gonk crying

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 11:17 am
Lady Blodwynn
Sir Kyle Aziz
That sounds like lots of fun anyway.

Someday I'll get a game or two in of Deathwatch...

Maybe... Prob not. ):
You may want to hold out for Only War instead, which is an Imperial Guard themed roleplaying game, complete with the options for creating your own regiment, from line infantry all the way up to armoured formations. wink

Oooh, now that sounds very fun.

Vikki Stardust
Deathwatch was boring, you start off as a character thats already really strong and has access to mega weapons, meaning that the gm has to throw insane amounts of everything at you to pose a threat. Hordes of monsters and heretics? Shoot them with bolters or charge them with your sword, you do sooooo much damage that you can take down large hordes in no time at all. talk2hand

Well. I don't have anything to say about that. Guess I know now. @_@ Atleast the Honour the Chapter book is great if I wanta paint Space Marines different colours and read their lore. 'Cause right now I'm a big sucker for the Carcharnodons.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Nov 28, 2012 1:07 pm
Sir Kyle Aziz
Lady Blodwynn
Sir Kyle Aziz

Maybe... Prob not. ):
You may want to hold out for Only War instead, which is an Imperial Guard themed roleplaying game, complete with the options for creating your own regiment, from line infantry all the way up to armoured formations. wink

I am in agreement with MacTavish, Only War would be a better option, if so inclined. Best way to describe it would be Rogue Trader, but with the intrigue and orbital combat stripped away, replaced with more suck and a buddy system. Having been in the closed beta and having played a game of it, it certainly has great potential and allows for a good deal of customisation from the get-go. Can't wait for the core book to arrive.

Sir Kyle Aziz
Vikki Stardust
Deathwatch was boring, you start off as a character thats already really strong and has access to mega weapons, meaning that the gm has to throw insane amounts of everything at you to pose a threat. Hordes of monsters and heretics? Shoot them with bolters or charge them with your sword, you do sooooo much damage that you can take down large hordes in no time at all. talk2hand

Well. I don't have anything to say about that. Guess I know now. @_@ Atleast the Honour the Chapter book is great if I wanta paint Space Marines different colours and read their lore. 'Cause right now I'm a big sucker for the Carcharnodons.
Blows is, in her crude ways, right about that aspect of Deathwatch: The threat levels are really all over the place, especially when the PC's are well equipped for the task at hand. You'll either breeze through hordes by blowing them away in one or two rounds of combat, or struggle to drop that Hive Tyrant because it has too many buffs and oodles. What I will say is that the books are excellent source books, I haven't bought any DW books outside of the core book and the GM kit, but going on experience from the other ranges, even if you do not play the game, it is still a great source of fluff and background info.  
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 4:19 am
Lt. Brookman
Sir Kyle Aziz
Lady Blodwynn
Sir Kyle Aziz

Maybe... Prob not. ):

I am in agreement with MacTavish, Only War would be a better option, if so inclined. Best way to describe it would be Rogue Trader, but with the intrigue and orbital combat stripped away, replaced with more suck and a buddy system. Having been in the closed beta and having played a game of it, it certainly has great potential and allows for a good deal of customisation from the get-go. Can't wait for the core book to arrive.

Sir Kyle Aziz
Vikki Stardust

Blows is, in her crude ways, right about that aspect of Deathwatch: The threat levels are really all over the place, especially when the PC's are well equipped for the task at hand. You'll either breeze through hordes by blowing them away in one or two rounds of combat, or struggle to drop that Hive Tyrant because it has too many buffs and oodles. What I will say is that the books are excellent source books, I haven't bought any DW books outside of the core book and the GM kit, but going on experience from the other ranges, even if you do not play the game, it is still a great source of fluff and background info.

Alright, that sounds pretty awesome then. I'll definately have to look into it when it comes out!

Also, I feel like the books remind me of the FW books at a fraction(sorta) of the price. Lots of interesting reading bits concerning lore and awesome pictures to help you flesh out what colours to use when painting, what designs and decals and weaponry to use as well.

I can't really justify spending more money on another FW book at the moment, since I just ordered my second Vulture from them today along with some conversion bits. In about a month I'll be ordering another Venator and then my Elysians will be complete! Sort of... I still need to figure out what I want to do for Storm Troopers.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Nov 29, 2012 12:16 pm
Does the happy dance of Doom. 4laugh  
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 12:42 am
Asmondai
Why do you doom us all?

xp  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Asmondai
Crew

Aged Gaian

3,625 Points
  • Happy Birthday! 100
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 3:23 am
Lady Blodwynn
Asmondai
Why do you doom us all?
xp

It´s just a name of the dance. sad
Teached me by a very good friend here in gaia. emo

And I was dancing ´cause I´ll get the GDmini. ^.^

PostPosted: Fri Nov 30, 2012 5:48 am
Asmondai
Lady Blodwynn
Asmondai
Why do you doom us all?
xp

It´s just a name of the dance. sad
Teached me by a very good friend here in gaia. emo

And I was dancing ´cause I´ll get the GDmini. ^.^
emotion_yatta  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 2:24 am
Turns out I'm not dead.

>inb4anothertwomonthspasswithoutposting  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 4:36 am
Second Vulture has been mailed.

Please let it be in awesome condition! PLEASE!  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 7:43 am
Caleidah
Turns out I'm not dead.

damnit, i didnt hit you hard enough... *gets out the shovel again*

i mean... hi paul biggrin  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:09 am
Caleidah
Turns out I'm not dead.

OH s**t, youre still here?! xd  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 9:47 am
Yup. Seems like every time I have meant to get on here, either my internet takes a dive or I get distracted by something/someone. Or someone is massively ill/their house is on fire.  
PostPosted: Sat Dec 01, 2012 10:59 am
Caleidah
Yup. Seems like every time I have meant to get on here, either my internet takes a dive or I get distracted by something/someone. Or someone is massively ill/their house is on fire.

i was about to ask if the last one actually happened, but if i remember right your a fire fighter arent you?  

Darkweaver66

6,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Forum Regular 100
  • Brandisher 100

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Dec 02, 2012 4:25 am
Caleidah
Weeeeell, not a lot going on, so I'd say youre still in the clear. wink  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 592 593 594 595 596 597 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games