Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
The Black Library Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Sir Kyle Aziz

PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:17 pm

Lt. Brookman
The Bible makes for light reading.

It also makes for good kindling.
PostPosted: Tue Sep 08, 2009 1:24 pm

Sir Kyle Aziz
Lt. Brookman

He who burns books must take care lest he burns people as well.

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Wed Sep 09, 2009 2:31 am

Lt. Brookman
Sir Kyle Aziz
Lt. Brookman

He who burns books must take care lest he burns people as well.
Indy! blaugh
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:27 am

Finished reading "Innocence Proves Nothing", the second book in the Dark Heresy themed series by the guy that does those Cain books. Fun to read, Sandy has a way with dialogue, but action is kinda boring and nowhere does it really feel like any of his characters are in any real danger. But still fun, can't wait for part three coming out in two years. talk2hand

Also, my coworkers must hate me, I got the novel Dawn of War Tempest from them. HARSH. SO HARSH. crying

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 12:20 pm

I want the next GK book to come out...
PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:02 pm

Lt. Brookman
Finished reading "Innocence Proves Nothing", the second book in the Dark Heresy themed series by the guy that does those Cain books. Fun to read, Sandy has a way with dialogue, but action is kinda boring and nowhere does it really feel like any of his characters are in any real danger. But still fun, can't wait for part three coming out in two years. talk2hand

Also, my coworkers must hate me, I got the novel Dawn of War Tempest from them. HARSH. SO HARSH. crying

I was looking at that one, because I enjoyed the first one.

An yes, that is pretty harsh. Assuming they have a basic knowledge of 40K books...

Sir Kyle Aziz

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Wed Dec 09, 2009 1:08 pm

If you liked book one, by all means get this one as well. It's a fun book that works really well on the dialogue level. The characters don't speak fake and they sometimes inject things like "klybo" (Calixian for FUBAR) and "nads". Sure, the action is rather poorly done, but in all I really liked this one, as it presented some very interesting locales and seeds for future role playing sessions.

Jason, were the other novels any good? I've only read the first GK novel and have the second one, but can't bring myself to start on it. Does the second novel have enough merit to be read by a crotchety git such as myself?
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:28 am

Mac, you are not betraying our mutual love for Eisenhorn and Ravenor now are you? It would break my heart. cry

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 8:36 am

Its a very different book, but it is a pretty fun read, it was my first ever BL novel I read.

I still admit that Greggy and Ravie are better than the Gk series, but I still like them.
PostPosted: Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:17 pm

I'll give the second GK novel a try when I can, not any time soon though, not with a pile of books still waiting to be read. And I'd wish Maelstrom would hurry up, I'm eager to read the second Malekith novel already!

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2009 5:45 am

Shadow King came in three days ago, cracking it open as of right now. This Christmas I got Titanicus and Salamander, thanks luv. heart

edit.

Also, Abnett is doing a new Inquisition trilogy, about Ravenor hunting down Eisenhorn, as seen by Elizabeth Bequin. Lizzie has awoken once more! pirate
PostPosted: Sun Dec 27, 2009 2:59 am

One of these days I'm going to read both series so I won't be left out of the loop any longer. sweatdrop

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Mon Dec 28, 2009 8:43 am

The Eisenhorn trilogy really is worth it. Ravenor less so. It starts out very strongly but sadly declines over time. The third book just couldn't live up to the first book.

Shadow King so far is slowly gaining speed. I've just spent 200 reading a partial recap of the previous novel from a different point of view. Now we're finally getting somewhere.
PostPosted: Tue Dec 29, 2009 5:38 am

Lt. Brookman
Also, Abnett is doing a new Inquisition trilogy, about Ravenor hunting down Eisenhorn, as seen by Elizabeth Bequin. Lizzie has awoken once more! pirate
She's going to be making a return? crying

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Hellraiser 500

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:32 pm

Kaori Kapoigne
Lt. Brookman
She's going to be making a return? crying
Just not this year. All he's doing this year is Gaunt and Horus Heresy.

On the Bright Side Henry Zou is confirmed for two more Bastion Wars novels, the Death Korps are getting a mediocre novel next year and the last novels in the Malekith and Sigmar trilogies have been announced.
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 107 108 109 110 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games