Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
Welcome to the Rehab Center Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Nines19

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:57 pm
lexipthemudkip
Ello! I just joined. My interests in paganism are largely unspecific, unfortunately. I'm still in the research phase, for the most part, looking to see what calls to me and all that jazz. I've been looking at mostly Egyptian stuff and Wicca, though I've recently sparked an interest in Chaos magic. Who knows where I'll end up? The path has proven to be rather interesting so far, though. biggrin

Hope to discuss stuff with you soon! *waves*

You sound like me at a combination of various ages. (Notably 9, 13, and 16.)

...that's not meant to be insulting, just commentary. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 1:59 pm
redtearsblackwings

You obvously have nothing better to do then piss people off and become very annoying.
Why is questioning your understanding annoying?
Quote:

And yes my frined has been traing for 30 years. He was brought up in a Wiccan family.
You don't see anything wrong with a forty-eight plus year old person wanting to initiate a sixteen year old into a fertility cult?
Quote:

Also right now at 16 years of age, I'm steeing clear of any sexaul act. But that dosn't mean that there isn't other things that I can pratice.
The initiation into the cult includes sexual acts.
Quote:

And you're not challenging you're jsut bitching and beating and I dont need to put up with that from you.
Actually, I am challenging. You need to examine your assumptions.
Quote:
Besides I have no way of knowing that you're truthful or out to help. And you actions don't convey anything in which I would want to have anything to do with you. So I'd really like it if you could leave me alone.
You're going to apologize for the flame and remove it or be reported to the moderators of this guild.  

TeaDidikai

saint dreya
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Megathread 100
  • Mark Twain 100
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 3:49 pm
redtearsblackwings, your last post was ill put and inflammatory. You made a claim, whether knowing the requirements of said claim or not, and when approached with a request to support your claim, you threw out names. That neither encourages further conversation nor supports your position.

I understand you claim the title of Wiccan, even though you admit in the same breath that you don't necessarily follow it to a "T". May I suggest looking into scorplett's thread on seeking Wicca (located here) or Kudzu's thread on basic info on Wicca (located here)?

What we often find in this guild is a misunderstanding of what Wicca is, usually leading to a re-education if you will. This tends to lead to either encouraging you into finding those in your area to school you in the religion should they accept you, or in most cases giving you the tools to find out what your path really entails and a more appropriate name.

I am sorry if you might have felt offended, as it does state in Nuri's Announcement (located here) that we can be blunt, however your response was not necessary and has not furthered your case.  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:16 pm
Red, I really need you to give me one good reason why I shouldn't just label you a troll and be done with you. Because all the post history I have seen of you (and dude, that's within the last TEN HOURS) is you stirring s**t up in Wicca topics.

So one good reason. Please.  

maenad nuri
Captain

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 4:50 pm
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
Witch Queen?
A high priestess who has hived off three or more covens.

I've learned something heart  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:39 pm
Arcanist Angus
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
Witch Queen?

It's amazing how much I've learned since I joined this thread. I somewhat wish I hadn't waited so long to do so. ^^

EDIT: should be guild, not thread.  

Aino Ailill

Cunning Witch Angus

PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 6:49 pm
Aino Ailill
Arcanist Angus
TeaDidikai
Aino Ailill
Witch Queen?

It's amazing how much I've learned since I joined this thread. I somewhat wish I hadn't waited so long to do so. ^^

QFT and for lurking in the MR haha  
PostPosted: Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:48 pm
Happy to have been of help.  

TeaDidikai

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 10:45 am
Hi, im here cause my guild has next to no members. I know of almost every system of magick all but african, egyptian and some of the asian magick. I'm Nordic by blood and I am a godi in my following. I'm here to meet new people and to find people who can shaare their experinces with magick and just good stories in general. Mial me if you want to talk. I'[ll be on here in anycase.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 11:40 am
Welcome to the guild, Sabaku!

I am not familiar with what Godi is, can you explain it perhaps?  

Cunning Witch Angus

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:20 pm
Arcanist Angus

A Godi is a term relivent to priest, but their are more Volva which is a female priestess. They are the ones who was taught the magick. If men praticed magick it was considered to be womanly. Odin is the only male Aesir god to learn magick from the Vanir. But he had to wear a dress when he was being taught from Freya.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 1:31 pm
sabaku-okami
Arcanist Angus

A Godi is a term relivent to priest, but their are more Volva which is a female priestess. They are the ones who was taught the magick. If men praticed magick it was considered to be womanly. Odin is the only male Aesir god to learn magick from the Vanir. But he had to wear a dress when he was being taught from Freya.

Oh, I see I see. So, Norse or Teutonic magic then?
The Volva interest me greatly, I love reading about them. I have just never heard the term Godi.  

Cunning Witch Angus

bigdickpenny

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 7:06 pm
Arcanist Angus
sabaku-okami
Arcanist Angus

Oh, I see I see. So, Norse or Teutonic magic then?
The Volva interest me greatly, I love reading about them. I have just never heard the term Godi.

Not teutonic. Nordic, Norse is Norway. Nordic is like Iceland, Finland, Sweden, some parts of northern Geremy, Sweden. But yea, They dont have a real system of magick like how some people think. A lot of people assume that we have these great rituals like every one else but in truth their is little recorded rituals that the gods performed. It is mostly new age people trying to but their wicca spin on a asatru religion. It also bothers me that people use runes when it has NOTHING to do with what they are doing. I loathe people mixing systems of magick together. If you are going to do it do it right at least and people wonder why spells don't work.
Greek magick with nordic runes, using celtic goddess or gods with one from another religion. Use germanic offerings and do the spell in english...
I am what you might call a traditionalist. This is an example that I have seen my friend do.  
PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 8:53 pm
sabaku-okami
I loathe people mixing systems of magick together.

If that's the case, you probably want to stop using the spelling of "magick" to refer to any and all magical practices as the "k" spelling is specific to Thelema, not any and every magical system.  

Violet Song jat Shariff
Crew

Resilient Raider

7,200 Points
  • Tycoon 200
  • Citizen 200
  • Gaian 50

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Fri Sep 18, 2009 9:45 pm
Violet Song jat Shariff
sabaku-okami
I loathe people mixing systems of magick together.

If that's the case, you probably want to stop using the spelling of "magick" to refer to any and all magical practices as the "k" spelling is specific to Thelema, not any and every magical system.

I was just thinking that, but I wasn't sure if I was in the right.

sweatdrop

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 86 87 88 89 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games