Welcome to Gaia! ::

Revolution: Gaia ©

Back to Guilds

Tags: Gaia, Revolution, Change, Cash Shop, Gaia Cash 

Reply 🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.
📣 Introduce yourself here so we can welcome you! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Crystal_Meth13

Noble Visionary

15,625 Points
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Brandisher 100
  • Battle: Counterstrike 150
PostPosted: Sun Dec 15, 2013 7:01 am
Pegasaurus Rex
Hi Sara, and welcome to the guild!
I used to pick up trash in Towns for the same reason! whee
I really like animals and the environment, as well. It seems we have a lot in common. 3nodding

I feel like users are being taken advantage of--especially younger users--and it feels very wrong. And I completely agree with "even though we aren't visible and it's being done virtually it non-the-less still doesn't make it any more right!"

That's kind of funny that were the same with trash sweatdrop and I'm glad to read that we feel the same about the other things. cat_mrgreen  
PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 2:02 pm
Hi, I am Laura and my friend Misty was telling me about this guild the other day. I thought I come and check it out since I have been upset with Gaia for a bit and stopped playing as well for a bit.

Yet I see her on Gaia everyday and thought maybe I give it a second chance. Just wanted to find others that have had issues to and would understand mine as well.

PrincessLauraAnn

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 16, 2013 9:48 pm
PrincessLauraAnn
Hi, I am Laura and my friend Misty was telling me about this guild the other day. I thought I come and check it out since I have been upset with Gaia for a bit and stopped playing as well for a bit.

Yet I see her on Gaia everyday and thought maybe I give it a second chance. Just wanted to find others that have had issues to and would understand mine as well.

Hello, Laura! We're glad you decided to join us. emotion_c8

Everyone has different opinions, but very many of them are the same! We respect the right to have your own opinion and try to talk about things in a calm and understanding way.
I hope you feel comfortable here as you give Gaia a second chance!  
PostPosted: Fri Dec 20, 2013 5:22 am
Hello! I'm Death. Pleased to meet you! I'm very shy so please don't think I hate you if I don't talk much, I just never have much to say. cat_sweatdrop

I've been a member of Gaia since '06 - specifically, a GCDer. I miss the feel of the site from when plot was focused on more and everyone used to have lots of fun taking part in events and discussing plot updates. Nowadays it feels like the mangas are an afterthought and there doesn't seem to be as much excitement about events (partly because they don't feel as 'developed' as past events and partly because everyone is mad about the site's other issues), which makes me sad.

I used to buy GC, I don't anymore as a protest against the gold generators, but I still hope that somehow Gaia can recover and become fun for everyone again. I think the thing I most want to do is try to figure out ways to help and support users who aren't able to buy GC even if they want to, especially newbies. I'm not sure how to go about that. I don't know if I'm being silly or not.  

Death and Candy

Feral Shapeshifter

15,075 Points
  • Grunny Grabber 50
  • Protector of Cuteness 150
  • Bunny Spotter 50

Pegasaurus Rex

Stone-cold Loiterer

PostPosted: Mon Dec 23, 2013 11:27 pm
Death and Candy
Hello! I'm Death. Pleased to meet you! I'm very shy so please don't think I hate you if I don't talk much, I just never have much to say. cat_sweatdrop

I've been a member of Gaia since '06 - specifically, a GCDer. I miss the feel of the site from when plot was focused on more and everyone used to have lots of fun taking part in events and discussing plot updates. Nowadays it feels like the mangas are an afterthought and there doesn't seem to be as much excitement about events (partly because they don't feel as 'developed' as past events and partly because everyone is mad about the site's other issues), which makes me sad.

I used to buy GC, I don't anymore as a protest against the gold generators, but I still hope that somehow Gaia can recover and become fun for everyone again. I think the thing I most want to do is try to figure out ways to help and support users who aren't able to buy GC even if they want to, especially newbies. I'm not sure how to go about that. I don't know if I'm being silly or not.

Hello, Death! Sorry I took so long to greet you--the holidays are crazy. gonk
We're glad to have you with us! One of our crew members had a charity going for newbies where she donated many avatars dressed completely in gold-shop items. It was wonderful! If you have any ideas at all for anything, please don't hesitate to let us know. emotion_yatta  
PostPosted: Wed Dec 25, 2013 9:33 am
I'm Emily. I'm 20. I've been a member of Gaia since October of 2006. And no, this is not my first account. (See Queen Namine)
In the very beginning I was really into it. As months turned into years, I started noticing the drastic changes. Lemme tell ya...There was nothing wrong with it way before. I miss the way it used to be. Anyway, A lot of the time I would sometimes linger in towns. On the side for over two years, I would LIVE in the DLS in the Chatterbox (Dirty Little Secrets) though I haven't posted there in a couple of months. I'm not really talking to a lot of people. In fact, I don't really have much of a group of friends. Or for any of that matter, due to the greed some people possess on this website. It's not fun anymore. And I still question why I'm here. If staff is listening, somethings gotta change.

Sincerely, someone who used to give a s**t.

w0es

Anaxandrea

Thirteenth Spark

13,200 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Divine Allies 250
  • Contributor 150
PostPosted: Mon Dec 30, 2013 10:37 am
Hey! I'm Anaxandrea, and this isn't my first account, the first one is luna1245, and it's been around since 2003. This account has been around since 2006, but I made it my main account because I forgot the password... multiple times to my old account. I did remember it apparently in 09 when the sashes were given out, so I can at least see that.

Why did I join this guild... Well lets see, I first bought Gaia Cash when the first EI's were being introduced (Tama's Basket was my first purchase) and I stocked up on countless collectable envelopes at the time. I thought the idea was alright, until things got more and more costly in the long run. Then the silly chance items started and I got fed up and stopped buying GC all together for more than one reason, but the chance items were the main cause of disdain.

Though I did spend about 50 real dollars, I haven't spent anymore since 07, and I have sold into the millions (Gaia Gold only) on old items and things that were floating in my old account and this account.

I don't like how some things get 'soulbound' like the rings for zOMG. I liked buying and selling those at reasonable prices, now it's silly and I had to barter and trade the ones I did have with an air of disgust to the people who wanted to be rude because the rings weren't 'leveled.'

I can say I spent more money on IMVU, but even so, I love the MC's on Gaia and I will be switching back to strictly Gaia and Neopets (Because web based communities are sane, while the chat client ones get crazy.)

I did make an account on here for my husband, though he will probably never use it, and with my inventory alone, as well as my gold sales, I set him up a decent account without spending a dollar! It's easy enough to do, but I get frustrated when I see these wonderful items for millions of gold on the market place, when the actual conversion rate was NEVER meant to be so high. Yes, Gaia loves competition on the Market place, but that 2% fee they take away from the users adds up just as fast as any other fee would. Yes, it helps to give up our free daily chance gold, but where else does it go?

-Jumps off the soapbox and runs off naked for the week.-  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 5:12 am
Hiya...I'm Pharaoh Misa. I've been on Gaia since May 01, 2008. And made this account as a mule in 2009 to help the sentinel rise to power (success! All hail to Her Infernal Majesty) Then came the hacking in 2010 and my great divide from Gaia. In 2011, I returned and was introduce to Barton Town...ah Barton Town. There my fondest for roleplaying and graphics and layouts grew strong. It was the years of guilds too. Meeting people. Having fun...2011-2012 were awesome years for me here on Gaia the rps, the people, the events....then 2013 hit and everything wonked out. Prices were ridiculous, events...annoying (why the ******** was the raster bunny in each event? Like go sit down), and some many things changed about Gaia. Then summer came and real life took me outsidr and beat Mr shitlrss, so I went on a two month hiatus and left roleplaying. I returned of course but I realized as much as I loved roleplaying I didn't want to join one until I was stable. So I started doing charities and qest which made me feel awesome and happy. But I missed my sweet rps...so I started with my layouts....which made me think I could open up a shop, which I did.

I joined this guild because (was it last month?) with the outroar in the feedback section because of Flynn and inflation, that I realized Gaia was going to s**t. I wanted to do something about it but...I know one person isn't enough so I said I'll be a good little gaian and shut up. Until I saw this guild in someones signature. Awesome. It was my chance to be apart of shutting Gaia the ******** up with all their GC stuff...can't do it. I'm glad you guys exist (and peacefully too) to stop this madness.  

Pharaoh Misa

Ruthless Phantom

13,800 Points
  • Firestarter 200
  • Invisibility 100
  • Inquisitor 200

Umioko

Playful Friend

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 8:43 am
Hi there, I'm Umioko but you can call me Umi!
I've been a member for a year or two and I'm really happy I joined this guild.
I hope we can make changes happen soon together! ^u^

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:21 am
w0es
I'm Emily. I'm 20. I've been a member of Gaia since October of 2006. And no, this is not my first account. (See Queen Namine)
In the very beginning I was really into it. As months turned into years, I started noticing the drastic changes. Lemme tell ya...There was nothing wrong with it way before. I miss the way it used to be. Anyway, A lot of the time I would sometimes linger in towns. On the side for over two years, I would LIVE in the DLS in the Chatterbox (Dirty Little Secrets) though I haven't posted there in a couple of months. I'm not really talking to a lot of people. In fact, I don't really have much of a group of friends. Or for any of that matter, due to the greed some people possess on this website. It's not fun anymore. And I still question why I'm here. If staff is listening, somethings gotta change.

Sincerely, someone who used to give a s**t.
Hey, w0es! Welcome to the guild. I'm sad to hear you're losing some of your friends, I think many other people, including myself, are experiencing that as well, but now that you're here, you can make some new friends! I'm glad you decided to join us.

And we are still here because we love the Gaia we knew and want it to come back so we can have fun again. I myself am not ready to give it up just yet, which is why I joined this guild ^-^

I hope you find a bit of a second home here!  

la petite mignonne

Sparkly Fatcat

la petite mignonne

Sparkly Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:27 am
Anaxandrea
Hey! I'm Anaxandrea, and this isn't my first account, the first one is luna1245, and it's been around since 2003. This account has been around since 2006, but I made it my main account because I forgot the password... multiple times to my old account. I did remember it apparently in 09 when the sashes were given out, so I can at least see that.

Why did I join this guild... Well lets see, I first bought Gaia Cash when the first EI's were being introduced (Tama's Basket was my first purchase) and I stocked up on countless collectable envelopes at the time. I thought the idea was alright, until things got more and more costly in the long run. Then the silly chance items started and I got fed up and stopped buying GC all together for more than one reason, but the chance items were the main cause of disdain.

Though I did spend about 50 real dollars, I haven't spent anymore since 07, and I have sold into the millions (Gaia Gold only) on old items and things that were floating in my old account and this account.

I don't like how some things get 'soulbound' like the rings for zOMG. I liked buying and selling those at reasonable prices, now it's silly and I had to barter and trade the ones I did have with an air of disgust to the people who wanted to be rude because the rings weren't 'leveled.'

I can say I spent more money on IMVU, but even so, I love the MC's on Gaia and I will be switching back to strictly Gaia and Neopets (Because web based communities are sane, while the chat client ones get crazy.)

I did make an account on here for my husband, though he will probably never use it, and with my inventory alone, as well as my gold sales, I set him up a decent account without spending a dollar! It's easy enough to do, but I get frustrated when I see these wonderful items for millions of gold on the market place, when the actual conversion rate was NEVER meant to be so high. Yes, Gaia loves competition on the Market place, but that 2% fee they take away from the users adds up just as fast as any other fee would. Yes, it helps to give up our free daily chance gold, but where else does it go?

-Jumps off the soapbox and runs off naked for the week.-
Hi, Anaxandrea! I'm glad you decided to join our guild! I'm always impressed when I meet someone who has stuck around here since the beginning in 2003.

It's cool to hear that you set up a decent account without spending any money! It just proves that it's possible. ^-^ one of the fun things we like to do around here sometimes is talk about avatars you can make with just gold shop items and how nicely they turn out. (even though, as you can see, I wear lots of cash items.... sweatdrop )

anyway, I hope you're able to feel at home in our guild!  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:34 am
D1ary_of_the_Vampz
Hiya...I'm Pharaoh Misa. I've been on Gaia since May 01, 2008. And made this account as a mule in 2009 to help the sentinel rise to power (success! All hail to Her Infernal Majesty) Then came the hacking in 2010 and my great divide from Gaia. In 2011, I returned and was introduce to Barton Town...ah Barton Town. There my fondest for roleplaying and graphics and layouts grew strong. It was the years of guilds too. Meeting people. Having fun...2011-2012 were awesome years for me here on Gaia the rps, the people, the events....then 2013 hit and everything wonked out. Prices were ridiculous, events...annoying (why the ******** was the raster bunny in each event? Like go sit down), and some many things changed about Gaia. Then summer came and real life took me outsidr and beat Mr shitlrss, so I went on a two month hiatus and left roleplaying. I returned of course but I realized as much as I loved roleplaying I didn't want to join one until I was stable. So I started doing charities and qest which made me feel awesome and happy. But I missed my sweet rps...so I started with my layouts....which made me think I could open up a shop, which I did.

I joined this guild because (was it last month?) with the outroar in the feedback section because of Flynn and inflation, that I realized Gaia was going to s**t. I wanted to do something about it but...I know one person isn't enough so I said I'll be a good little gaian and shut up. Until I saw this guild in someones signature. Awesome. It was my chance to be apart of shutting Gaia the ******** up with all their GC stuff...can't do it. I'm glad you guys exist (and peacefully too) to stop this madness.
Hey there, and welcome to Revolution Gaia! You sound really passionate about this website and about what they've been doing to hurt themselves. I'm happy you decided to come here instead of just stop fighting, because even though it may seem like you yourself might not be able to make a difference, that's not true. Adding one more person to the outcry makes us that much louder! Also, we love passion here (so long as you're not directly insulting staff or breaking TOS)!

Also, congrats on opening a shop! I myself am a graphic artist and love making layouts as well (even though I'm not as good at it anymore...all that darn schooling in art has made me less fun >: ( )

I hope you can make some friends here and feel at home!  

la petite mignonne

Sparkly Fatcat

la petite mignonne

Sparkly Fatcat

PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 11:36 am
Umioko
Hi there, I'm Umioko but you can call me Umi!
I've been a member for a year or two and I'm really happy I joined this guild.
I hope we can make changes happen soon together! ^u^
Hey there!! You seem so cheery, I love that ^-^ We're all very happy you joined this guild, too! Our growing numbers is bound to make a change. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to offer with ideas and such. ^-^

I hope you can feel at home here with us!

p.s. your avatar is just lovely!! whee  
PostPosted: Thu Jan 02, 2014 3:44 pm
la petite mignonne
Hey there!! You seem so cheery, I love that ^-^ We're all very happy you joined this guild, too! Our growing numbers is bound to make a change. I'm looking forward to seeing what you have to offer with ideas and such. ^-^

I hope you can feel at home here with us!

p.s. your avatar is just lovely!! whee

Haha, thank you so much! I try to be. > u<
Yay! I'm so happy to hear it! I think so too - just can't lose heart. c:
Thank you so much! I'd do my best for the guild.

I already can, thank you for the welcoming response!
Aw, thank you! Your avatar is so pretty too. <3

Umioko

Playful Friend

Enigmatic Malady

Shy Otaku

12,600 Points
  • Egg Collector 100
  • Lapin Patrol Avior: Victory! 50
  • Noble Shade 100
PostPosted: Fri Jan 03, 2014 11:54 am
Pleasure to meet you all. I'm Malady, or also known as Beri from time to time. I've been on Gaia since 2003, though I was hacked twice, and gaia refused to even help me get my items / accounts back. So, this is my newest account, everything I own is either donated or I bought with my own gold. I'm an artist. Currently on hiatus since my tablet is pretty old and broken. But that is how I get my gold, that or selling items I wont ever use..

Anyways, I'm 19, live in California, I'm a Cancer. I'm normally on gaia all the time, but trying to change that up since I wish to start school, Hopefully, but will be troublesome since I do not own my diploma just yet. As for helping gaia hear our voices, I'll try what ever I can to help in any way. For the donating part I sadly can not do that, I have dreams of my own after all.

You can normally find me in the Barton town or the graphics area, since I love getting new posts made for my role play characters. You may also be able to contact me through PMs, or Comments, Preferably PMs though, easier to do that way then comments on behalf.

Well then, that's me. Pleasure to meet you all, and I hope I can help get our voices heard.

*strolls away*  
🌟Revolution: Gaia - General Discussion and info.

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games