Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Hufflepuff Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 4:23 pm
User Image

Captain:
Dhylan Nolynn

Vice Captain:
Tobi Fallrein

Chasers:
Dhylan Nolynn
Adalaide Blythe
Cain Justox

Beaters:
Tobi Fallrein
Raphael Snow

Keeper:
Corabell Kiremono

Seeker:
Terren Hawthorn

Reserves:
Chloe Clarisse - Chaser
Elsbeth Vass - Chaser
Jarlath Lowery - Keeper
Alastrine Whitlow - Keeper
Jessamine Walsh - Seeker

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 6:53 pm
User Image

As usual, the play was back and forth and back and forth. Ally was smiling and giggling through their zigzags up and down the field. She found the game extraordinarily freeing. The intense focus on the Quaffle meant that nothing else was on her mind about getting that big brown ball. No classes, no exams, no drama from her life hanging over her head like a dark cloud. Just a ball. And she loved it.

Both she and Chloe were unsuccessful at separating Ada from the Quaffle, which was really no surprise since the girl was an amazing player, but just as they were getting down to the goals to give the Keeper a bit of practice, a whistle was blown. Turning, she saw Dhylan and Tobi waiting for them at the other side of the field. Ally felt a chill race through her.

Don’t get your hopes up. Be ready for them to tell you to go away and never bother trying again.

They wouldn’t say that, and I’m not a failure. I had quite a few steals.

At the beginning, and then you choked. Or was it that your tiny, useless body got tired. They don’t want you. Look at you. You, a Quidditch Player? What a joke. Just fly away now.

But Ally sat firm on her broom in front of the Captain and Co-Captain. Ever since her parent’s death, that voice had haunted her. Doubt. Judgement. Ridicule. It hurt her. Cut her deeply from the inside. But she tried to rise above it. Her house had helped. She had learned since she had been here that she DID have the ability to be a positive person. It helped her stand up to the voice. But it never went away.

Dhylan started calling out their decisions for the positions. She knew that she had no hope for Keeper, though it was a position that greatly interested her. They already had two people interested in it and they tried out today. Alastrine had been tried as a Chaser, which she found that she really enjoyed. So she knew she had a better shot at getting a Chaser position. Breathlessly, she listened.

“First off, Chasers. The starters are myself, Adalaide, and Cain.” Despite the fact that she knew that she was a First Year, the only First Year that tried out, an unyieldingly optimistic part of her had dared to dream that she would be part of the starting team. Though, as she replayed the names over in her head again, she realized how obvious it was to choose them. They were such solid, skilled players. But there was always the reserve squad. ”The reserves are Elsbeth and Chloe.“

Her breath sucked out of her. She wasn’t even chose as a reserve Chaser. Her small face clouded and it was hard not to cry, but she ranted inside her skull to be strong. To not cause a scene. Dhylan was still speaking but it was all white noise outside that acidic voice inside her head. It was laughing at her.

Bet you wish that you’d flown away earlier. Listen to that. A position for everyone but you. I can feel the other’s sneer at you. Can’t you feel it? I bet they wonder why you are even still here.

Was it true? Ally drew her eyes to the side and looked to Elsie’s face, but saw no sneer. Wide blue eyes were still appraising her teammates when the mention of her name slammed her back to reality. Her brain was nice enough to recall what it was Dhylan had said a few moments earlier and replay it for her, as her eyebrow quirked, ” Our Keeper this year will be Corabell. Her reserve will be Jarlath, then Alastrine.

Dhylan went on to discuss the Seeker position but Ally was left incredibly confused. She was the ReserveRESERVE Keeper? What possible use was that? Quidditch substitutions during the game were rare enough. At least during practice the Reserve Team would get to play against the First String. But there were only two goals, and now three Keepers. Since Ally was the lowest Keeper, who did they want to bet would be sitting on the sidelines watching others play?

At best Dhylan might let her join the Chaser’s during practice. But she was a Reserve Keeper. Which meant that even if all three of their First String players dropped like flies, Ally couldn’t go in for that. And if something did happen to one and then the other of their Keepers, and Ally was brought into play, she would be so clueless as to how to hold the position because she was never going to get to practice it and all she would do would be make a fool of herself and her house.

Dhylan finished the announcement. Ally wanted to ask him, did he want her on the team at all? Because if not, she could just go away and not be a pain. He didn’t have to create some Reserve’s Reserve for her to feel like she was part of something. That dark voice cackled again and it was like an ice pick in her heart. Still, she turned to Elsie, who had made reserve Chaser. They had worked well together on the pitch and Ally hoped that there could be a sense of friendship between them

Flying in next to her, she gently reached out to bump her elbow to the other girl’s. ”Hey there. Are you planning on going in now? Because I thought if you wanted to stay out here and fool around for a bit, you could practice making some shots on goal while I practice defending? We could use the far goals so if anyone else wants to practice they can use these ones.”

Ally was small, meek but determined. Dhylan had NOT told her to go away. Therefore, she was going to stay here and work as hard as she could for as long as she could and she WOULD get better and someday she would take the field with the rest of her house. She just had to show that she wasn’t afraid to work and pay her dues. And it would start right now.

User Image

Posts to the Goal: n/a

Hufflepuff Team 1: 0 | Hufflepuff Team 2: 0
{Life 1} | {Life 2} | {Life 3}
Hufflepuff Team 2 Chaser
AC =12
Player's skills = Great Catch(+2 to catch), Hold the Line(+2 to block goal), Natural Flyer(+2 to AC),
0 Years Experience (+0 to rolls),
Advanced Flying 1 & 2 (+0 to rolls)
Weather: N/A
Total Roll Modifiers: +2 to catch, +2 to block goals

Voracious Voxy

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • Blazing Power of Friendship Wave 200
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:36 pm
LET it GO, let it ROLL right OFF your shoulders
DON'T you KNOW, the HARDEST part is OVER
LET it IN, let your CLARITY DEFINE YOU
IN the END, we will ONLY just REMEMBER how it FEELS
Our LIVES are MADE, in these SMALL HOURS
These LITTLE WONDERS, these TWISTS and TURNS of FATE
TIME falls AWAY, but these SMALL HOURS
These SMALL HOURS still REMAIN

Let it slide: Frantic
Let it shine: They're starting!
And I don't mind: Hufflepuff Team
We'll get by: Tryouts

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

B L O O D T R A I T O R | H U F F L E P U F F | S E C ON D Y E A R User Image

Elsie was fine with letting Ada take charge of the quaffle and attempt a goal. All the back and forth had her very winded. And then Dhylan had called a time out, and he was announcing the team. What? Wait, what was he even saying? She was a reserve Chaser? Her eyes widened and a small, timid smile crept onto her face. She didn't want to seem too jubilant, but she didn't want to seem ungrateful either. Ally flew in next to her and Elsie wiped the smile off her face, not wanting to hurt the younger girl's feelings. The first year meekly asked her if she'd like to hang around and practice some more. Elsie was exhausted. She'd never done this much flying in her life. Her legs ached and her arms ached and her fingers were stiff. She wanted to get off her broom, trudge inside, down to the Basements, and take a nap with her cat. But she found herself nodding readily in response. "I'm fine with staying out a bit longer. If we're allowed to use the far goals- I'd like to try and make some shots,' she admitted. She wanted to feel triumphant, feel like she was the hero of the hour. One day she wanted to be Elsie Vass, star Chaser... who didn't? Even a humble Hufflepuff could entertain such fantasies.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

TEAM TWO
Position: Trying Out for Chaser
AC: 12
Mods: +2 Stealing and Scoring
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Good Arm, Swift Swipe
Lives: (X)(X)(X)
Post to Goal: n/a
Number of Goals Made: 0

Let your TROUBLES fall BEHIND YOU
Until you FEEL IT all AROUND YOU
If it's ME you NEED to TURN TO
It's the HEART that REALLY MATTERS in the END
And ALL of my REGRET, I HOPE
Will WASH itself AWAY SOMEHOW
But I CANNOT and WILL NOT FORGET
The WAY I FEEL right NOW

PostPosted: Sat Feb 08, 2014 8:49 pm
I'm fly, the original
I'm sly, unpredictable
I'm nearly irresistible
And I don't even try
I'm easily excitable
Completely undeniable
And sometimes unreliable
Don't ask me why

User Image
Jessamine Cathlin Walsh
~ Halfblood Hufflepuff ~ Third Year ~ Twin ~
{feeling: excited} {thinking: tryouts!} {with: Hufflepuffs} {at: tryouts}

Jess whined under her breath at having to stop, but she flew down to hover just a little bit off the ground, her feet not touching the grass, to listen. It was obvious he was going to announce Seeker last, and she barely listened to who had gotten the other spots. And it wasn't her. It was Terren.

But I caught the snitch!

And I'm still not good enough.

Dhylan said she did "fantastic". Of course she did, she assured herself, but the sharp pain in her stomach remained. If she'd just tried out in first year... If she'd practiced more, trained more... If she had caught the snitch both times there would be no question of who should be on the starting line up, right?

Nobody cares about the reserves, and nobody cares about me. Poor little Jessie, sitting on the sidelines, watching the big boys and girls play. Always wanting to be special.

She choked back something, horrified with herself. She needed to be happy. She needed to smile, even if she wanted to throw up. What kind of teammate was reduced to this upon losing? She should congratulate her friend, and thank Dhylan, and- she blinked rapidly and tightened her facial muscles, forced a cheerful grin and nodded her thanks to the captain and vice captain, and playfully socked Terren lightly on the shoulder. "Hey, better watch out for me next year," she advised him lightheartedly. "See you at practice, Ter."

Then she landed and walked away as fast as she could without looking like she was in an awful hurry, and headed for the showers. The cold water would do her some good, probably. She could pretend she was drowning or something.

They can't rain on my parade; I'm sunshine on a cloudy day.

TEAM ONE
Position: Trying Out for Seeker
AC: 16
Mods: +4 Spotting, +2 Catching
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Sharp Eyes
Catching Up to Snitch: 2/3
Seeking Snitch:

I'm strange, and I like it
That's just the way I am
I can't change, I can't hide it
That's just the way I am
From a whisper to a shout
On what the buzz is all about
Everybody's buggin' out
And I've only just begun

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:01 am
User Image

Ally smiled broadly at Elsie. They had all been playing for a long time, but she was glad that the other girl was willing to stay out with her for a while. She wanted to prove that she was willing to put in the work and build her skills. Nodding, she turned her broom and set off for the far hoops. Weaving through the three of them and circling around, Ally oriented herself to the ground that was now hers. This was what she had wanted to do from the beginning. Now that she was here, around these hoops, her smile broke wide and genuine.

Sure, she was the Reserve Keepers Reserve. But she was in line to one day be the Hufflepuff‘s Keeper. Someday, she would be an upperclassman, the First Keeper. She was only a First Year student after all. Next year, if her classmates tried out for the team, she would have a year of experience over them. But for now, it was time to practice and build her skills.

Flying out in front, she waved Elsie on. ”Alright, whenever you are ready!”

User Image

Practice Keeper
AC =12
Player's skills = Great Catch(+2 to catch), Hold the Line(+2 to block goal), Natural Flyer(+2 to AC),
This roll after modifiers= N/A

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:03 am
The Clarisse Family...

Leonette//////////////Chloe////////////////David/////////
User ImageUser ImageUser Image
Gryffindor///////////Hufflepuff//////////Gryffindor//////

Chloe slowly came back down to the ground shaking a little as she touched down. Hearing who made the team she was shocked to hear she made reserve. She didn't think she did that well to even really make the team. Then again she seemed to forget she did score at least once.

Leonette rushed over to Chloe and tackled her in a hug. "You were great up there Chloe." she told her with a big smile. "Thanks Leo." Chloe said hugging her cousin before looking over at her brother. The two said nothing as David approached his sister only stared into each other's eyes as if silently speaking to one another. "David aren't you going to say something?" Leonette asked suddenly as she looked back at him.

"He doesn't have to say anything." Chloe told Leonette before holding out his broom. She already knew how her brother felt. "Keep it." David told her. "I can't David it's yours besides doesn't Gryffindor play first this year you're going to need it to practice." she told him. David shook his head. He didn't care he was just accepting the fact that Chloe had really done what she said she'd do regardless of how scared she was. Despite not being a lion she sure faced her fears.

Turning to leave David let out a deep breath. "Congratulations Chloe." he told her before walking off the pitch. "Thanks David." Chloe said as he walked away looking back to her cousin she handed her David's broom. "Can you make sure he gets this?" she asked her cousin. "Yeah sure thing Chloe." Leonette said taking the broom and racing off after David.

Walking over to Dhylan Chloe had something she wanted to say before leaving. "Hey Dhylan, Tobi thanks for making me reserve. I have to admit I didn't think I had it in me but I'm glad I tried out today." she told them with a smile. There was some satisfaction in trying to accomplish something she never thought was possible.

Stats'

Leonette: Happy
Chloe: Amazed and Surprised
David: Happy, Proud

Who we're with: each other
OOC: ---

Yukina101
Miss GryffindorK

murruelecreuset
Crew

Beloved Vampire

9,900 Points
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Waffles! 25
  • Team Jacob 100
The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 4 Total: 4 (1-20)

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:12 am

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

Elsie followed after Ally on her broom and waited patiently for her to situate herself. Once the first year had waved her on, the blonde girl flew forward clutching the quaffle, and attempted a shot.

If you PREPARE FOR THE WORST but HOPE FOR THE BEST you will RARELY BE DISAPPOINTED.

TEAM TWO

The WAY I FEEL right NOW

Voracious Voxy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 16 Total: 16 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:18 am
User Image

Luckily Ally had gotten to play next to Elsie today to see how she flew and even saw her take a shot on goal. Being in this position, it was easy to understand how daunting it was to defend against a player that you didn’t know. She was definitely going to have to go to all of the other Quidditch games and take notes on their players and how the flew, shot and what sneaky techniques they would try.

Elsie zipped toward the goal to take her shot and Ally darted forward to attempt to save it.

User Image

Practice Keeper
AC =12
This roll after modifiers= 16+2+2=20

Voracious Voxy

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 11:22 am
User Image

Ally felt a smile spread wide as she easily caught the Quaffle. It felt good to not be the First Year failure, out here making a fool of herself. She was young and inexperienced, but she was showing a little skill and that pleased her. Tossing the Quaffle back to Elsie, “Good shot. I know we are both tired. How about we do best out of five and the loser has to pay for some chocolate frogs? I know a Gryffindor that brings them back to sell black market style.”

Flying back up, she readied for another attack on her goals.

User Image

Practice Keeper
AC =12
This roll after modifiers= N/A

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 3:16 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

Elsie watched as Ally caught the quaffle. "Good catch," she replied in kind. She considered the girl's offer for a moment. Black market style... that sounded like rule breaking... but she had a weakness for chocolate. "Oh- okay," she agreed slowly. "Best out of five it is." She attempted another shot at the goals.

TEAM TWO

The WAY I FEEL right NOW

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
Voracious Voxy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 10 Total: 10 (1-20)

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:00 pm
User Image

Elsie agreed to their wager. Taking the Quaffle she circled and approached again. Ally tried to track her movements, plan an attack. How far out in front of the goals should she allow herself to go. She was going to need to go to the library and get a few books on Quidditch so that she was well versed on rules and theory. She was a Hufflepuff, to be sure. But she did have a little Ravenclaw streak to her. And that was okay.

Elsie threw the Quaffle, a much more solid attempt than last time. Ally had to race over, stretching out her arm to grab for the ball before it passed through the rings.

align=center]User Image

Practice Keeper
AC =12
Total for this roll: 10+2+2=14

The Forgotten Weasley rolled 1 20-sided dice: 12 Total: 12 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 5:49 pm

E L S B E T H
L Y N W E N
V A S S

Ally had just managed to catch the quaffle. Elsie felt like three times the charm was going to work for her this time, though. She lined up for another shot and threw, hard.

TEAM TWO

The WAY I FEEL right NOW

The Forgotten Weasley
Crew

Blessed Moonwalker

9,250 Points
  • WilyTrickster 50
  • The Wolf Within 100
Voracious Voxy rolled 1 20-sided dice: 14 Total: 14 (1-20)

Voracious Voxy

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:22 pm
User Image

Catching it twice in a row felt like a wonderful gift, since she had been put in the line of Keepers. Perhaps this was going to be okay. Especially if she worked hard and showed skill. Ally could barely contain herself. If she caught one more, that would be three out of the potential five and a win in her little game with Elsie. Hoping for good luck and fast hands again, she dove out to catch the Quaffle and Elsie approached and threw, looking more determined than ever.

align=center]User Image

Practice Keeper
AC =12

PostPosted: Sun Feb 09, 2014 8:29 pm
User Image

Catching the Quaffle again, Ally resisted the urge to hoot in glee. She didn’t want to make Elsie feel badly. But she also knew that they were both tired and needed a night to relax and celebrate just making it through the tryouts. Neither was starting, but both of them had showed great potential and lots of hustle. Flying up to Elsie with the Quaffle, she tossed it lightly to the other girl. ”Well that is three. Why don’t we end on that note and start a start on our celebrations. Granted we are both part of the Reserve team, reserve OF THE reserve in my case,” she laughed easily, ”but we didn’t disgrace ourselves and we put in a long day. And a chocolate frog sounds like a great way to celebrate.”

Flying lower towards the area leading off the field with Elsie, she looked back over her shoulder to spot Dhylan still talking with a few other team members. Had he seen them? Did he know that they put in a little extra practice? Would it matter? Smiling easily, she gave him a little wave as they headed out and off of the pitch.

align=center]User Image

Practice Keeper
AC =12

Voracious Voxy

Cinnabun Gryffie
Vice Captain

Beloved Werewolf

15,475 Points
  • Gifting Gone Wild 250
  • Autobiographer 200
  • Pet Lover 100
PostPosted: Wed Feb 19, 2014 12:42 pm
User Image
User Image

Lɪɢʜᴛ sᴛᴀʀᴛs ɪɴ ᴀ ᴅᴀʀᴋ ᴘʟᴀᴄᴇ
Tʜᴇ sᴛᴏʀʏ ᴏғ ᴀ ᴄᴀʀ ᴄʜᴀsᴇ
Aɴᴅ I’ᴠᴇ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄʀɪᴍɪɴᴀʟ
Aɴᴅ ғʟᴇᴇɪɴɢ ғʀᴏᴍ ᴛʜɪs sᴄᴇɴᴇ
Aɴᴅ ʙᴇɪɴɢ ᴄᴀᴜɢʜᴛ ɪɴ ᴀ ʙᴀᴅ ᴅʀᴇᴀᴍ
Tʜᴇ ᴛʀᴜᴛʜ ʙᴇᴄᴏᴍᴇs ᴛʜᴇ ᴜɴᴛʜɪɴᴋᴀʙʟᴇ

Dhylan walked onto the Pitch, a clipboard clutched in his shaking hands. Tears lined his lashes, but he had to remain strong. He had called his team in, needing to inform them that two of their players would be unable to play this year. He hadn't heard much, but the bit he had been told made him want to just give up. Instead, he determined that a crucial team meeting be held, as he needed a new Seeker and a new Chaser. Dhyl wiped his tears away, still shaking quite badly. He hated this, hated all of this, but he couldn't let these kids suffer any more than they had to. Watching the gate, the Captain waited for his team to arrive.

{OoC: Post here ASAP. We have a game this weekend, and I don't want to have to forfeit...}

Yukina101

shabatha

Cara MiaKitty

The Forgotten Weasley

Voracious Voxy

murruelecreuset

Nanashi Kage Enjeru

Sir Spazalots

I’ᴍ ᴏɴ ᴛʜᴇ ʙʀɪɴᴋ ᴏғ ᴅɪsᴀsᴛᴇʀ
Sᴛᴀʀɪɴ’ ᴅᴏᴡɴ ᴛʜᴇ ᴄᴏɴsᴇǫᴜᴇɴᴄᴇs
Sᴏ ʙʀᴀᴋᴇ ʜᴀʀᴅ ᴡᴇ’ʟʟ ʙᴇ ʙᴇᴛᴛᴇʀ
Tᴏɴɪɢʜᴛ I’ʟʟ ᴅᴏ ᴡʜᴀᴛ ɪᴛ ᴛᴀᴋᴇs ᴛᴏ ғᴀɪʟ
Gᴏɪɴ’ ᴛʜᴇʀᴇ ᴏɴʟʏ ғᴀsᴛᴇʀ
Jᴜᴍᴘ ᴛʜᴇ ɢᴜɴ ᴀɴᴅ ᴛʜʀᴏᴡ ɪᴛ ɪɴᴛᴏ ɢᴇᴀʀ
Bᴜᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ғᴀᴄᴛ ᴏғ ᴛʜᴇ ᴍᴀᴛᴛᴇʀ
Wᴇ’ʀᴇ ᴏᴜᴛ ᴏғ ᴄᴏɴᴛʀᴏʟ ᴀsʟᴇᴇᴘ ᴀᴛ ᴛʜᴇ ᴡʜᴇᴇʟ

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 187 188 189 190 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games