Welcome to Gaia! ::

Hogwarts School of Witchcraft and Wizardry Roleplay Guild

Back to Guilds

A school of magic, based on J.K. Rowling's books. In need of Professors and Students! Join Now for the February - May year! 

Tags: Harry Potter, Hogwarts, Hogsmeade, J.K. Rowling, Roleplay 

Reply Quidditch Pitch
Ravenclaw Quidditch Practice: Tryouts Open [[Jun-Aug 2024]] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 164 165 166 167 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 1:13 am
User Image

❋Benjamin Rivers-Blakely❋
Second Year|Ravenclaw|12

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Benjamin began his warmups as the captain told them to do so. The other beater seemed to get straight into the tryout...but it was just him and the Captain, so really...warming up really doesn't matter, but Benjamin did take this time to stretch and get ready. Soon enough, he got on to his broom and awaited the Vice Captain to release the Quaffle. He honestly couldn't wait for the tryout to officially start. He was going to have fun and that was going to fuel his play. He never really got to do these things at home; so really...he would make sure that he just had a good time and did his best.

⊗⊗⊗⊗⊗

Position: Chaser
AC: 13
Modifiers: +3 (Stealing Quaffle) +3 (Shooting Quaffle)
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Good Arm
Roll:
Final Roll #:
Lives: [ ] [ ] [ ]  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:26 am
User ImageXXXXXXXXXXUser Image
My silence was the silence, silence of rocks,
My silence, it was the silence of the stones,
Rocks and stones,
Rocks, stones and trees;
Of the landscapes
Full of ups and downs.

Timothy had just been standing by and waiting for the tryouts to start and trying not to look back at the stands to where Tanya was no doubt making a nuisance of herself. But at least she was being a quiet nuisance which was a first for his sister. At Gypsy's words he nodded to let her know he had heard and hopped onto his broom to do a few laps and get reacquainted with flying again as well as get to know this new broom. Well, not new seeing as it was his Mum's old Comet from when she used to play, but it still flew nicely and it almost seemed to hum with excitement at getting to play again. He didn't think it saw much action being locked away in the shed all those years. When he was finished with his laps he took position in front of the three goal hoops and waited for someone to try and make a goal.

Position: Keeper
AC: 11
Modifiers: +2 to block +2 to catch
Special Skills: Swift Swipe, Hold the Line, Great Catch
Lives: [1] [2] [3]
Final Roll: ~

Quote:

Quote:

After the all commotion, [Try Outs]
Ruffle and rustle, [Quidditch Pitch]
Saw I silence, [Team]
All quiet and silently [Trying out]
Prevailing upon. [OOC]
User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Yukina101
Crew

Surefire Codger

13,950 Points
  • Vocalizing Hisser 25
  • Hellraiser 500
  • Friend of the Goat 100

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 8:43 am
User Image
▂▃▅▆█ Kaitlyn Estan █▆▅▃▂

►►────────────────────────────

I'm looking Sporty for Tryouts, and thinking about It was fun last year, hope it's fun this year .
Single
Ravenclaw
PureBlood
Second Year

────────────────────────────◄◄

Kaitlyn swore that she had closed her eyes.... But there it was. Not but ten feet in front of them. Eyes widening, kaitlyn went for it.

1/3

Position: Seeker?
Modifiers: +3 to catching and Spotting the snitch. +3 to stealing the Quaffle
Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Great Catch, Swift Swipe
Lives: [ :3 ] [ :3 ] [ :3 ]

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 9:18 am
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawSecond Year12 Years OldSingle

Dylan nodded and hitched himself over the broom, which was a standard Hogwarts one. He didn't want to invest in an expensive broom before even knowing if he would be good at Quidditch or not. He his gloved hands gripped onto the front of it tightly, and frowned when they were visibly shaking. He breathed in and out deeply, finally calming his nerves and kicking off the field. He slowly ascended into the air, to his surprise. He had read about flying and Quidditch all summer in anticipation of the year, and he hadn't been too bad at Flying last year, so he didn't think he would be too bad at it. Thankfully he was right. Quidditch, on the other hand.. that was to be decided.

OOC:
Attire: Quidditch uniform
Company: Others

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

OOC:
AC: 14
Modifiers: +1 to Natural Flyer, +2 to Swift Swipe
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Quote:

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
stitchkin babe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 1 Total: 1 (1-20)

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 2:59 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxjust because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Fourth Year | | Fourteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Hopping onto her broom Lexine began searching for the snitch. It seemed as if the other girl -- Kaitlyn was it? -- already spotted it. Biting her lip gently, Lexine began searching.

Position: Seeker
                                                Modifiers: + 4 (spotting the snitch), + 4 (catching the snitch)
                                                Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
                                                Final Roll: 5
                                                Lives: ❤ ❤ ❤

tryouts x ooc :: - - -

RedEagleEye007 rolled 1 20-sided dice: 20 Total: 20 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 3:00 pm
User Image
~~~~~~~~~~~~~Iñigo Albion-Alexandré

~~~~~~~~~~~14|Fourth Year|Ravenclaw|Seer

"The best way to keep something bad from happening is to see it ahead of time..."

He figured since the beater position was scarce that he would take this time to master some new techniques that he was thinking off before he had gotten to the school. Now was the perfect time. So, doing that, he raced towards the bludger instead of waiting for it. He awaited for the right time. And as he was passing the bludger, he went to backhand the bludger. And to say it worked was an understatement. The transfer of energy was just about perfect and he sent it flying and an even higher speed than it was traveling, which is extremely hard. It flew at the target and pretty much killed it with extreme force. It might have been the hardest shot he's ever gotten on that target. It practically beat all the straw that was in it out of the target.

"Well...that went well," he said aloud, shrugging his shoulders and nodding. He liked this new way of hitting. It really provided a good way to hit when in a situation where the bludger is seen late or he wanted to surprise attack a chaser. It worked for a lot of situations.

"and you can't see it if you refuse to face the possibility."

Position: Beater
AC: 19
Modifiers: +7 (hitting and blocking bludger)
Special Skills: Natural Flyer, Deft Dodger, Mean Swing
Roll:
Final Roll #:

RedEagleEye007

Shadowy Phantom

8,025 Points
  • Invisibility 100
  • Battle: Rogue 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
MJ Spooks rolled 1 100-sided dice: 22 Total: 22 (1-100)

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • Loving Fortune Seeker 250
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:27 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Tanya Cherri
                                                          Looking Athletic on the Pitch with Ravenclaws
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ I swear, I'm not even a bloody prefect... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I long for a loss of breath ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          And a most dire predicament ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          Murders in the rue morgue ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Silence and shadow's what I adore ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho went through his usual warm-ups in the five minutes his sister had allotted them and then was on his broom and in the air, waiting for Xavier to toss up the Quaffle. He sort of hated how happy he was to be back in the air... but, there were worse things than liking Quidditch. Even if it did mean his sister was right about something. He supposed he could give her a little credit every now and then. When the Vice Captain tossed the Quaffle up, he was after it immediately, though he wasn't quite sure why, other than that he was actually glad to be playing again. It wasn't like he wouldn't make the team; he was the second-best Chaser they had, behind Xavier, after all. Still, he should at least try, that way Gypsy couldn't be said to be playing favorites, right?

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ I can't explain just how it feels;
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ The thought of my premature burial
                                                          xxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Inside this oblong box I lie
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ With the hopes I'll be buried alive

User Image

AC: 16
                                                          Modifiers: (+6 on steals) (+6 on scores)
                                                          Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
                                                          ♡ ♡ ♡
                                                          Final Roll: 54
                                                          Posts to the Goal: x/3
                                                          Score
                                                          00 to 00
                                                          TIED

(( OOC: ))
                                                          Soooo, I meant for Dia to post Xavier, but she is currently unavailable and I'd like to get tryouts officially started. I don't know when she'll be on, so we're going to skip over that since it's not like Xavier just stood there holding the Quaffle o3o;;;;

Also disregard the roll on this post, I used the wrong dice because my brain is not functioning properly

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

MJ Spooks rolled 10 10-sided dice: 6, 4, 7, 1, 10, 5, 8, 1, 6, 6 Total: 54 (10-100)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 4:30 pm
So apparently I've forgotten how to play Quidditch... //facepalms  

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:43 pm
User Image

I'm looking Sporty for Tryouts, and thinking about It was fun last year, hope it's fun this year .
Single
Ravenclaw
PureBlood
Second Year

Kaitlyn continued to fly after the golden ball. She was doing well so far. She felt weird to be doing well even if there was an older girl. Last year she had been so awful at this.

2/3

stitchkin babe rolled 1 20-sided dice: 5 Total: 5 (1-20)
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 5:44 pm
x
x
x
x

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

x
                                    ████████████████xx ℓεxιηε vαηcε xx███████xxxxjust because you don't understand something doesn't mean it's nonsense.

Fourth Year | | Fourteen | | Ravenclaw | | Single | | Half-Blood

Lexine continued her search keeping a close eye around where the red-headed girl was searching around.

Position: Seeker
                                                Modifiers: + 4 (spotting the snitch), + 4 (catching the snitch)
                                                Special Skills: Sharp Eyes, Deft Dodger, Great Catch
                                                Final Roll: 9

tryouts x ooc :: - - -

stitchkin babe

Timid Genius

Deviled Dregs

Wealthy Lunatic

7,375 Points
  • Cat Fancier 100
  • Doggone It! 100
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 6:16 pm
User Image
Dylan
Burgamy

RavenclawSecond Year12 Years OldSingle

Dylan had been waiting patiently for the Quaffle to be released, gently tapping his fingers against the wooden broom as he hovered in the air, slightly whistling to himself. His head snapped up as he heard a sudden whooshing sound, which indicated the Quaffle had been released. He saw the fifth year, Echo, immediately chase after it. He hesitated for a moment before kicking his feet back, sending him rushing through the air. He wobbled in the air for a second, making his heart skip a beat before he straightened himself out. The trick of it was just to let the broom take control, for the most part. His eyes focused on the flying Quaffle, biting his lip hard in concentration.

OOC:
Attire: Quidditch uniform
Company: Ravenclaws

Quote:

User ImageUser ImageUser ImageUser Image

Modifiers: +2 to Stealing the Quaffle
Special Skills: Deft Dodger, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
Final Roll:
Posts to the Goal:0/3
Quote:

PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 7:24 pm
User Image

Single
Ravenclaw
PureBlood
Second Year

Kaitlyn was so close! All she had to do was reach out and grab it. This would be pretty awesome if she could...

3/3

shabatha

Desirable Prophet

10,375 Points
  • Entrepreneur 150
  • Profitable 100
  • Money Never Sleeps 200

MJ Spooks

Demonic Cat

14,625 Points
  • Demonic Associate 100
  • WilyTrickster 50
PostPosted: Sat Nov 08, 2014 10:50 pm
User Image

ℂ𝕌ℝℝ𝔼ℕ𝕋𝕃𝕐
                                                          ╔═══════════════════════════════╗
                                                          Dating Tanya Cherri
                                                          Looking Athletic on the Pitch with Ravenclaws
                                                          xxxFEELINGxxx
                                                          Annoyed
                                                          xxxTHINKINGxxx
                                                          ❝ I swear, I'm not even a bloody prefect... ❞

╚═══════════════════════════════╝

I long for a loss of breath ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxx
                                                          And a most dire predicament ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxx
                                                          Murders in the rue morgue ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxx
                                                          Silence and shadow's what I adore ♣ ♥ ♦ ♠xxxxxxxxxxxx
                                                          ═════════════════════════════════════════════════╗

spaceEcho was caught somewhat off-guard when neither of the two boys tried to get to the ball with him; the new kid he figured was just nervous, but he didn't really get why Benjamin hadn't. Especially after what'd happened last year, right? But, whatever. The fifth year tucked the Quaffle securely under his arm and headed towards the goal posts.

╚═════════════════════════════════════════════════
                                                          xxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ I can't explain just how it feels;
                                                          xxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ The thought of my premature burial
                                                          xxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ Inside this oblong box I lie
                                                          xxxxxxxxxxxx♣ ♥ ♦ ♠ With the hopes I'll be buried alive

User Image

AC: 16
                                                          Modifiers: (+6 on steals) (+6 on scores)
                                                          Special Skills: Good Arm, Swift Swipe, Natural Flyer
                                                          ♡ ♡ ♡
                                                          Final Roll: xx
                                                          Posts to the Goal: 1/3
                                                          Score
                                                          00 to 00
                                                          TIED

(( OOC: ))

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quote:

Quidditch Pitch

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 164 165 166 167 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games