Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 8:53 am
Oshenukhar
Oshenukhar
Jack: Where to, Miss?

Question?
When I am teaching a class my Rp Character can not be in the class correct?

I just want to be sure.

Rose: To the stars.

That not true. I use mine. Tina Aoura. I'm right, right?

User ImageJack: Where to, Miss?

So I can take the class and teach the class?

Rose: To the stars.User Image

That's what I did when I was a Student. So unless somehing has changed, it should be the same. You should ask a mod for sure.

Okay, wait a second. I read that wrong. I was never in a class I was teaching as a stundent where in the class I was a teacher (that would be unfair, you would know the answers). I did take other classes where I was not teaching though. Also, I thought you meant can you use your rp character as the teacher, sorry, I totally misread your post.

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 11:07 pm

I thought so. I knew that there would be a bad advantage.

Oshenukhar

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 6:26 am
Oshen approved for Divination

Avatar approved for Astronomy and Ancient Runes*

*It has been awhile since we've allowed teachers to teach two classes in a term, but I'm certain that Avatar will keep up both classes throughout the term.

@Oshen: You can take any class, as long as you're not teaching it

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 9:17 am

When I can I set up the class? I have plans already for it just need to know when I can start the thread.

Oshenukhar

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 10:14 am
You may start making your thread now. Just don't start adding lessons to it until the official start of classes (April 5). I suggest adding the phrase "Do Not Post" to the title of your thread so that students don't accidentally post before you're ready for them to sign up. We had some problems with that last term o_o'  
PostPosted: Tue Mar 09, 2010 11:33 am
IceeWitch
Oshen approved for Divination

Avatar approved for Astronomy and Ancient Runes*

*It has been awhile since we've allowed teachers to teach two classes in a term, but I'm certain that Avatar will keep up both classes throughout the term.

@Oshen: You can take any class, as long as you're not teaching it

Junimaia
You may start making your thread now. Just don't start adding lessons to it until the official start of classes (April 5). I suggest adding the phrase "Do Not Post" to the title of your thread so that students don't accidentally post before you're ready for them to sign up. We had some problems with that last term o_o'

Thanks gals! I promise I already have lessons for both Astronomy and Ancient Runes but I will need a while on the classroom (it wont take until April) but ill remember to post Do Not Post here yet in the title. Thanks Again! *Hugges both of you*

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Wed Mar 10, 2010 10:17 am
Unless someone else expresses interest in it, I'll probably teach Herbology again, but I'll wait on applying in case anyone else wants in on it.  
PostPosted: Thu Mar 11, 2010 3:02 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild?

I have been with the guild since december of 2009 and I love it.

2. How many posts have you made?

156 posts have been made by myself.

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?

I have been enrolled with four classes, and all of my homework has been handed in on time.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.

Dragons and Dragon Taming

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):

Professor Lavinia Ridgeback , user SerenityHowlett

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:

I love it here in the guild and honestly it is the only fun place on gaia I have been to. I like the way things are set up and I believe I could teach alot about dragons to other members of the guild who may not know as much as I do about the marvelous creatures. I find all the other staff also very nice to chat with and are very friendly.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)

Dragons and Dragon Taming would deal with teaching a background on dragons and teaching what they(dragons) need to survive as well as how a student can survive an encounter with one. in the third year each student would be presented with an egg that will hatch after the year of being cared for. From fourth to seventh year the student would raise the dragons. They would raise the dragon until the dragon reached a jouvenile state in which the dragons be released on a trip.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild.

IceeWitch and Avatar34

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:

I have a great knowledge on dragons as well as several books I can use as a reference. The class is fairly original and would add a little more adventure to the school classes.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?

Yes I would if there was someone else who wanted to do this class.

11.Anything else you would like to add:

This class idea was pitched to Avatar34 and IceeWitch who both think it is an awsome idea. If you rather I wait a while before taking on the class then I can wait but I would love to get teaching as soon as posible.

ParkerLeBou-Howlett

Dangerous Lover

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Fri Mar 12, 2010 7:34 pm
^^approved. I almost forgot about your idea sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Mar 13, 2010 9:20 am
yay^^ awsome, I shall make up my classroom asap, today is clean up day XP  

ParkerLeBou-Howlett

Dangerous Lover

5,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • First step to fame 200
  • Autobiographer 200

Stardust Disaster
Crew

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 1:59 pm
Since Dec 28, 2007

406 +

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
At one point, yes, but that was because life got busy.

Care of Magical Creatures

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
RP: Professor Cara Mill
Username: Stardust Disaster

Because I have done it before and quite enjoyed doing so.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
Since this is the second time of teaching this subject, one for those who took it before, and one for those who have not. Each lesson will have homework and/or classwork.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)

Lorrieta

This term I'll have lots of time and a hardworking spirit! 8D

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class?
Sure!

Nope, thanks!

PostPosted: Sun Mar 14, 2010 8:51 pm
Denied talk2hand Psych! You're approved! Pfft, like I'd deny a knowingly reliable Hufflepuff I can depend on. Go on and bring CoMC back on its feet biggrin  

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

Tabby507

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 1:51 pm

Since the winter of 2007

584+

Yes, I was enrolled in potions and DADA during my first year and completled all the lessons that were posted.

Defense Against the Dark Arts

Professor Frumoasa Soare
Tabby507

Because its fun!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

3 to 4 lessons will be posted and all will have homework. Some classwork might be given.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.)
Est_monte_de_Deui

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: Mad Ninja Skills!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Why not?

I know I failied as a student and guild member last term and I apologize. Real life caught up to me and I was away from the computer so much I almost forgot how to use it. But now Im back, real life problems are solved and I already have all my lessons written!!!!!!! heart heart heart

PostPosted: Mon Mar 15, 2010 7:00 pm

About three weeks

Couldn't tell you

No, I was just sorted, I did join the elf class and turned in a piece of homework, but the class was over when I turned it in

Muggle Studies

Professor Hunter Blackwell

WickedRentSpringAwakening

I think it would be fun. I enjoy rping here and I'd like to start my first term off by teaching as well as being a student. I believe that I can perform in the class to the best of my abilities as teacher. I believe you are strapped for teachers as well.

Muggle Studies will be a class entirely on the history of muggles and the items that muggles use on a daily basis. For instance one class may be about household items while another class may be about British history. We will deal with and attempt to understand how to relate to muggles and how to deal with anti-wizard prejudice from muggles. We will also attempt to deal with anti-muggle prejudice from wizards as well. We hope to create a greater understanding of the muggle community and hope that we can live together peacefully in the future.

Unfortunately no, I do not have any references. I have been pming back and forth with Avatar, but I will not use her as a reference because I did not ask her.

A love for rping, a love for muggles, a love for Hogwarts, and a love for the wizarding community. I have a passion for muggle studies that goes beyond compare, wanting to create a relationship between our world and theirs. That is why Prime Minister/Minister of Magic relationships are so important.

I would gladly sub for this class or any class I am asked to sub for.

I know that I am new and all, but I hope that you will take a chance on me. I know that, when taught, I can make an excellent teacher. I ask that you consider me, WickedRentSpringAwakening, as your Muggle Studies teacher.

WickedRentSpringAwakening

Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games