Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Cranium Squirrel

Friendly Trickster

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:07 pm
TeaDidikai
Taerinn
What pagan traditions support the idea of reincarnation? I'm just curious. sweatdrop
Wica, Standing Stone, Buddhism, Hinduism, any number of Eclectics that accept it...

Those are the actual traditions/religions that come to mind off the top of my head.
Perhaps the better question would be "Which religious tradition are you interested in?" So that we can then explore After Life mythos within it?
Just a clarification here too: Buddhism isn't necessarily the same as others there, as reincarnation in our mythos requires a soul, which is something nonexistent within Buddhism as a whole. There's a doctrine of no-soul which pervades, and the only time reincarnation does get used is (from what I've read over the years) in bad translations and misunderstandings. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:08 pm
Gho the Girl
Evolutionay Gothik Theory
Gho the Girl

A regular person.
Eh, better ask them what leads them to think so.
Quote:

Voodoo, Yeah, I've seen those dolls at borders bookstore that come with a book, I was hoping that there would be some other types of magical systems that don't include Voodoo, Any other types of magic that uses dolls?
I'd be very cautious of magical implements sold at large chain stores. At best, it would probably be just a doll to feed the mass fluffyism, at worst, it could wreak unintended effects that could be quite damaging.
Quote:

hmmm, Objects do not die, maybe the soul forevers stays in the object until it breaks, or something like that?
What if it gets fixed?

Ok. What kind of unintended effects would these be?
I don't know enough about hoodoo/voodoo to say. I could probably imagine some things based upon my very few impressions on the subject but I wouldn't want to say something that is incorrect.
Quote:

If the object gets fixed, either the soul goes back in the object or the soul is freed forever from the object and reincarnates or goes to whichever afterlife.
How does it know to go back?

Okay, Maybe Tea can clear that up for everyone.
I would think the soul has an instinct, But maybe not. Maybe a kind spirit would guide the soul.  

FinalFantasy22222

FinalFantasy22222

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:09 pm
Gho the Girl
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
I don't know enough about hoodoo/voodoo to say.
Why would it be tied to those two traditions?
Oh, when I made that comment about store bought dolls I was thinking about the "Do it yourself Voodoo Kit" that I see at stores.
Yes, That is the Voodoo Kit I have seen in stores.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:13 pm
Gho the Girl
Gho the Girl

A regular person.
Eh, better ask them what leads them to think so.
Quote:

Voodoo, Yeah, I've seen those dolls at borders bookstore that come with a book, I was hoping that there would be some other types of magical systems that don't include Voodoo, Any other types of magic that uses dolls?
I'd be very cautious of magical implements sold at large chain stores. At best, it would probably be just a doll to feed the mass fluffyism, at worst, it could wreak unintended effects that could be quite damaging.
Quote:

hmmm, Objects do not die, maybe the soul forevers stays in the object until it breaks, or something like that?
What if it gets fixed?

I don't know enough about hoodoo/voodoo to say. I could probably imagine some things based upon my very few impressions on the subject but I wouldn't want to say something that is incorrect.
Quote:

If the object gets fixed, either the soul goes back in the object or the soul is freed forever from the object and reincarnates or goes to whichever afterlife.

Or someone else who has a good grip on the workings of such things.

Tea doesn't have to do everything herself, yeh?
Quote:

I would think the soul has an instinct, But maybe not. Maybe a kind spirit would guide the soul.
How long would that take?

Here's a question: Why do you believe in objects having souls?  

Gho the Girl

FinalFantasy22222

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:19 pm
Gho the Girl
Gho the Girl
Gho the Girl
Eh, better ask them what leads them to think so.I'd be very cautious of magical implements sold at large chain stores. At best, it would probably be just a doll to feed the mass fluffyism, at worst, it could wreak unintended effects that could be quite damaging.What if it gets fixed?

Quote:

Or someone else who has a good grip on the workings of such things.

Tea doesn't have to do everything herself, yeh?
Quote:

How long would that take?

Here's a question: Why do you believe in objects having souls?

Oh I agree, Tea shouldn't have to explain everything. If anyone else knows about voodoo, maybe they could clear it up.

However long the soul needs to guide the soul. I don't exactly know afterlife time (if time exists in the afterlife.)

I believe it's possible that objects have souls.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:22 pm

However long the soul needs to guide the soul. I don't exactly know afterlife time (if time exists in the afterlife.)

WHat leads you to believe this?  

Gho the Girl

FinalFantasy22222

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:28 pm
Gho the Girl

Perhaps because I began to think about the afterlife more often. I don't know, I just feel that maybe they do have souls. Then again, maybe they don't, I am not set on my beliefs yet and I am unsure.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:42 pm
Gho the Girl

Perhaps because I began to think about the afterlife more often. I don't know, I just feel that maybe they do have souls. Then again, maybe they don't, I am not set on my beliefs yet and I am unsure.
What are your beliefs?  

Gho the Girl

FinalFantasy22222

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:44 pm
Gho the Girl
Gho the Girl

What are your beliefs?
It might be contradictory, but as of now, I am not going to deny the existence of any deity, as I believe all of them exist.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:48 pm
Gho the Girl
Gho the Girl

What are your beliefs?
It might be contradictory, but as of now, I am not going to deny the existence of any deity, as I believe all of them exist.
So you believe all of them exist? Why? How do you account for the contradictions?  

Gho the Girl

FinalFantasy22222

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:51 pm
Gho the Girl
Gho the Girl
Gho the Girl

What are your beliefs?
So you believe all of them exist? Why? How do you account for the contradictions?
I haven't thought this this through.
sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:55 pm
Gho the Girl
Gho the Girl
What are your beliefs?
I haven't thought this this through.
sweatdrop
Okies. It's definitely something to consider.

When i have a spiritual quandry, sometimes I write it out like, like just start writing what I know, then going from there, like I'm brainstorming an essay or something.  

Gho the Girl

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:56 pm
Also, if you want any help, ask or post away, that's what we're here for.

Maybe try making a Pathway thread in the Pathways subforum. I know that I don't always know the questions that I need to ask myself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:56 pm
TeaDidikai

The standard motto is "Don't call up what you can't put down".

I don't think you would be happy with blood thirsty beasties that are part of a Middle Eastern god's will running around the place. (And that's my polite address for them. )

Oh dear. sweatdrop No I would not.

Quote:
What kind of folk? Telling us which folk you like the magic of will help narrow things down.

Well, from what I've read, I really like Hedge Witchcraft which is considered Folk, right?

Quote:
But then, there's the question about if you should be practicing magic as well.

Why did my heart drop the moment I saw this? sad  

Namikikyo

FinalFantasy22222

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:02 pm
Gho the Girl
Also, if you want any help, ask or post away, that's what we're here for.

Maybe try making a Pathway thread in the Pathways subforum. I know that I don't always know the questions that I need to ask myself.
Thanks Gho. I'm going to think about it some more and write down my thoughts first. Then I might make a Pathway thread in the Pathways subform.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games