Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian British Guild

Back to Guilds

A haven for British Gaians, and those sympathetic to their peculiar ways! 

Tags: britain, british, United Kingdom, english, england 

Reply Gaian British Guild
The topic which rapidly degenerated... [MISC] Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

and_solo_said

PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 11:35 am
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
Invictus_88
and_solo_said
On a miscellaneous note, I went to a history fair today. Got a cannon ball and a fairly swish tooled leather bracer.

User Image

Um, what is it for?

Archery...and whenever I feel feel like wearing something different.

But um, it looks like it's covering the outside of the arm, what's the point? It only needs to cover the inside..

confused

I had it on with the laces facing in so I could hold the design to the camera with greater ease.  
PostPosted: Tue May 09, 2006 3:53 pm
Ah, well...that does make sense.  

Invictus_88
Captain

LLT

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:37 pm
Even though I havn't posted here in awhile...I'M GOING TO ENGLAND! biggrin I'm leaving may20th and returning may 29th. I can't wait.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:44 pm
LLT
Even though I havn't posted here in awhile...I'M GOING TO ENGLAND! biggrin I'm leaving may20th and returning may 29th. I can't wait.

Ah, fairly soon then!

Where'll you be going?

Invictus_88
Captain

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 12:52 pm
Stupid read-only posts.
The dream one is in that and I would just come back to it later but I have my english exam on Friday and I really need to work on that, so best be getting off the computer.
Anyway, Francis, your dream reminds me of The Hitch Hikers Guide To The Galaxy. Theres a bit where the people of the planet all have to leave and they send everyone off in different space craft. As far as I remember, they didn't have to leave and just wanted an excuse for getting rid of the hairdressers but it still reminds me of that.  
PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:09 pm
ice_illusion
Stupid read-only posts.
The dream one is in that and I would just come back to it later but I have my english exam on Friday and I really need to work on that, so best be getting off the computer.

WTF? That just confused me...  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 10, 2006 1:16 pm
Lady of Spain
ice_illusion
Stupid read-only posts.

Sorry, been revising all day and fried my brain. Can't you just tell how wonderful at english I am. gonk

1. The British Dreams thread was in read-only mode when I read it.
2. I was wanting to reply to it.
3. I'm couldn't just come on an hour later because I need to go away and revise.
4. I should be going. (Left the revison a little late. xp )

Theres too many quotes to learn. gonk Been trying to cut my several hundred down to a manageable number. (Hopefully it's possibile to get it to 40 + 4 poems) But it's still so many. crying  
PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 11:47 am
ice_illusion
Lady of Spain
ice_illusion
Stupid read-only posts.

Sorry, been revising all day and fried my brain. Can't you just tell how wonderful at english I am. gonk

3. I'm couldn't just come on an hour later because I need to go away and revise.
4. I should be going. (Left the revison a little late. xp )

Theres too many quotes to learn. gonk Been trying to cut my several hundred down to a manageable number. (Hopefully it's possibile to get it to 40 + 4 poems) But it's still so many. crying

Uh...okay. I ought to be doing much more revision, what with having exams three weeks away an' all...  

Boolean Julian
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Thu May 11, 2006 12:16 pm
ice_illusion

Tested, checked and approved. All clear.

Good luck with the revision! I've been working in the garden today, in the company of my girlfriend, and then drinking chilled lime cordial afterward.

In order to ensure a future life of such leisure, I may perhaps be driven to turn my back on the low pay army and pursue a role in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, or perhaps the Diplomatic Service.

*sigh*

Or law, that necessary and frustrating evil.

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 5:56 am
Invictus_88

Good luck with the revision! I've been working in the garden today, in the company of my girlfriend, and then drinking chilled lime cordial afterward.

In order to ensure a future life of such leisure, I may perhaps be driven to turn my back on the low pay army and pursue a role in the Foreign and Commonwealth Office, or perhaps the Diplomatic Service.

*sigh*

Lucky, there is nothing like revision to make you want to garden.

On another note, I never have to do english again!!!!
At least as long as I haven't failed, I don't think I have though. *touch wood*  

Shadow of an Illusion
Crew

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Fri May 12, 2006 12:53 pm
ice_illusion
Invictus_88

*sigh*

Lucky, there is nothing like revision to make you want to garden.

On another note, I never have to do english again!!!!
At least as long as I haven't failed, I don't think I have though. *touch wood*

Ah, good stuff. I remember how happy I was when I dropped maths after GCSE. My goodness, a weight off my shoulders, a weight that had blighted my life up until that point, and has never touched me since!

So much better having been awarded a miracle of a 'B' as opposed to the optimistically predicted E.

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 6:42 am
I was glad to drop Maths. I only wish I could have done English Language instead of the contrived natured of English Literature at A level.  

Nebelstern
Crew

Boolean Julian
Crew

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 8:40 am
English Language A level is extremely dull and not particularly good, by all accounts. It's basically dumbed down linguistics.  
PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 11:06 am
I finally thought of a name for my secret society.  

and_solo_said

Invictus_88
Captain

PostPosted: Wed May 17, 2006 3:24 pm
[People, don't forget the top announcement thread.]  
Gaian British Guild

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 103 104 105 106 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games