Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
UNIVERSAL VIDEO GAME THREAD Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 4:49 am
Just finished another re-run of Baldurs Gate saga...
Kensai ROX!
I <3 Viconia  
PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 9:26 am
Well probably going to get yelled at by Brookman, or at least I think I might for putting this here...since I'm suppose to be some Bioware fanboy. Anyways, here's the trailer for the Dragon Age: Origins-Human Origin story.
Dragon Age: Origins-Human Origin Story trailer

Syumerrt

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Wed Jul 01, 2009 10:23 pm
Syumerrt
Bah, I bet I could beat Brookman at Medieval II Total War, on a online match.
((Just joking, don't know if I could.))
It would be awsome, once I got the game reinstalled to face one of you guys.
My friend back when he had my Rome Total War lost my cd key...so no online matches there.

pfft grow a pair I could stomp you in Empire total War jsut stomped my friends calvary army flat nothing like a little quicklime and hot lead. thats the only thing stopping me from taking your challange I've upgraded sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 12:24 am
So is Total War Empires really that much better than Medieval 2?  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Syumerrt

PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 5:31 am
*grumble* My brother's comp was the one I used to play Rome and Medieval II since I had two MMOs on my comp....well I was using one, not using either now, may go back to WoW sooner or later for roleplaying, anyways...I'll be installing Medieval II today probably, look for someone called Blogutz, had to use that account for Medieval II, it was originally my online DoW username. I may sooner or later buy Empire, if my comp can run it.  
PostPosted: Thu Jul 02, 2009 7:35 pm
Lt. Brookman

thats how the total war series works they always improve on themselves so until the next one comes up empires will be the best.. XD that sounds really bad.. but my line infantry seem to be alot smarter than my roman Auxillaries ( sp?) even exhausted the line infantry were smarter than those romans who turn around before charging the pike men despite my orders.  

GamerChik240

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:25 am
GamerChik240
Lt. Brookman

thats how the total war series works they always improve on themselves so until the next one comes up empires will be the best.. XD that sounds really bad.. but my line infantry seem to be alot smarter than my roman Auxillaries ( sp?) even exhausted the line infantry were smarter than those romans who turn around before charging the pike men despite my orders.
I have NO idea what that all might mean, so instead I'll just nod and pretend that I understand. 3nodding  
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:52 am
Well I bought Empire Total War and the bloody thing doesn't work right, sure it works somewhat on the campaign but the moment you go into ground battle instead of auto resolve my computer throws a bloody fit and shuts down, go into naval battles.....well the bloody screen screws itself up.
I really should have bought DoW II instead or something much more simple, probably shouldn't have bought a game today at all >.>
Right after my 360 get's the stinkin' E 74 error.....whoop de doo.

Syumerrt

Glorious Leader Luna

Omnipresent Cultist

5,250 Points
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Sat Jul 04, 2009 12:04 pm
I has Empire Total war my beast of a PC plays it quite fine

Any who

i has OCZ Neural Impulse Actuator so i could kill a nazis with my mind

and the dam thing don't work crying  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:03 am
Cavalry is easily the best thing to have in Empire Total war. The only problem they face is against buildings. Other then that, in an open fight, nothing stands a chance against the cavalry charges I can muster.

Oh Russia, you love Horses as much as you love tanks and AK's.  

Sir Kyle Aziz

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 12:09 am
Waterloo disagrees with cavalry being superior.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 7:56 am
Games usually don't get those historic facts right. stare  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

GamerChik240

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:43 am
Calvary Vs. wall of lead

my money's on the lead in the older games calvary was the best unit to have since you could get speed and strength in one blow but that whole point is rendered Moot with the invention of the musket. beleive me me and a friend tested this theory of an ALL infantry army vs an all calvary army I was infantry I had 16 pound howitzers and a lot of line infantry.. I positioned myself on a hil and I boxed my artillary up so he couldn't sneak around me. I had them hold fire till the closest unit was five feet from me before they opened up and the carnage ooohhh they hit my lines but not without losing at lead half of two squads.

and in most of my games I only use calvary to sweep up after the big boys play.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:47 am
Just finished DOW2, again...  

Jason Kharo

5,500 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Signature Look 250

Shadow_of_Malus

Romantic Fatcat

PostPosted: Sun Jul 05, 2009 8:59 am
GamerChik240
Calvary Vs. wall of lead

my money's on the lead in the older games calvary was the best unit to have since you could get speed and strength in one blow but that whole point is rendered Moot with the invention of the musket. beleive me me and a friend tested this theory of an ALL infantry army vs an all calvary army I was infantry I had 16 pound howitzers and a lot of line infantry.. I positioned myself on a hil and I boxed my artillary up so he couldn't sneak around me. I had them hold fire till the closest unit was five feet from me before they opened up and the carnage ooohhh they hit my lines but not without losing at lead half of two squads.

and in most of my games I only use calvary to sweep up after the big boys play.
Depends on the game, I like to play more fantasy games so calvary is always a big help, but they are weak to spear men and such so you got yo use them carefully.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 239 240 241 242 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games