Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Aug 28, 2010 3:40 am
A bit rough around the edges and the skin looks a bit too basic, but good tabletop quality nonetheless.  
PostPosted: Sat Oct 02, 2010 9:32 am
looks like the one from march of chaos (i hope i got the game reference correct its been a long while since playing that game)  

Inenor

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 7:39 am
I like the look of the book, and the scar. It looks very scar-esque.

I got a Warboss from from Ebay that said it was a Warboss with power klaw, and two grots.
When it came I realised that it might have been better to just buy one from GW. The Klaw was for a Nob, which I didn't realise from the pictures, and there was no backpack or boss pole.

So after a bit of thought with a grot, some spare Storm Boy bits and some greenstuff, I tried to make do and not waste the money.

I know it's no Golden Daemon entry, but I'm satisfied with it. Fluff about grots riding warbosses not being very accurate doesn't matter. Grots are win. I also like the theory that the original brainboy orks have devolved into grots and snottlings over the years.

Criticisms are welcome, but I can't be arsed changing anything major now either way.

Ork 1

Ork 2

Ork 3

Ork 4

Ork 5  
PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 8:55 am
I've seen plenty o' grots "riding" warbosses through my days, I see them as lucky mascots, good to keep around. wink

It looks nice anyhow! What I want to know is how you painted the skin on the grot, I might want to steal it for my upcoming goblins for Fantasy. ninja  

Shinobi_8745

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Tue Oct 26, 2010 9:23 am
Oh ok. Cool. : D

Heh, well it's pretty simple. Black basecoat, camo green skin with snot green highlights and dark green ink.

Don't want to be spending all day painting up a single grot despite how awesome they are, and thought it would be better to keep this one along the same appearences.  
PostPosted: Wed Oct 27, 2010 1:19 am
Those arms of your Ork could use a bit more definition, the face looks great in comparison. It could be the lighting though.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Sat Oct 30, 2010 3:01 am
Someone else said that. Said he thought they looked Blue, too. It might be the light, but I did spend much longer on the face than the arms, so it might not be.  
PostPosted: Sun Oct 31, 2010 8:03 am
The arms might benefit from a bit more touching up, but other than that, a great looking model with great detail.  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Tue Nov 02, 2010 5:20 am
Thanks. (:

Also, I had a brain spurt whilst putting the Halloween stuff back into the attic.

A couple of months ago I got a couple of 2x4 boards with buildings and such already set into them from the local game store. (He moved shop across town because his own was being knocked down for a redevelopment and we were shifting some stuff for him. The boards were in a bit of a state and he asked us to throw them out for him, but I kept them.)

So, I realised yesterday that I could clear enough space in the attic, with some effort, and put these boards down plus another, to make a 6x4.

I painted the whole boards and all decal Slate grey (emulsion) and pulled off bits that weren't hanging on with any strength anymore.
Then sprayed the roads with stone effect spray, and the paths with a light stone effect spray.
Then detailed it up with some light spraying of black primer, and painted up the odd metal bit with a cheap tester tin of 'metal finish' (which I got from a store nearby that sells a trolley full of ex-sign or end of line stuff for £15. They have a whole sh*tload of tester pots.).
Then I poured on sand, static grass, chippings and some little black stuff I can't remember the name of. Then I applied lichen where it seemed to fit.

It was only a quick job. Maybe 5 hours in total. But it certainly beats sticking a 3x5 board on my bed.

The tin of paint you see in one of the buildings is holding a piece of lichen until the glue dries. It isn't for effect.
Clean up was done after these pictures were taken.

'Board' album  
PostPosted: Tue Dec 28, 2010 4:34 pm
User Image
I used mechrite red and washed it with devlan mud then washed it with baal red, used iyanden yellow with sunburst on top it then washed it with devlan mud, used foundation brown for the boots and 2 coats of devlan mud, metal used mythril silver and washed it with badab black. thats it but i dont know what to do next.  

x-InsigNia-x

Marcus McFlufferson

PostPosted: Fri Jan 07, 2011 11:56 am
@ Insignia

It's looking pretty decent. Very nice fade effects.
I reckon if you just clean it up on the bits you've coloured outside the line and detail up the metal with rust and the horns and his eyes. Maybe selectively lay in some Mud wash around edges to give it some more definition?
Then once the base is done it'll all come together.

Though I wouldn't be surprised if you've finished it already. This forum is dead. ¬.¬  
PostPosted: Mon May 16, 2011 12:43 pm
Here's some photos of my latest projects

Leman Russ Front
Leman Russ Side

Deathwatch Killteam Front
Deathwatch Killteam Rear

Marine Sergeant Front
Marine Sergeant Rear  

lord-kensington

Dapper Guildsman

6,350 Points
  • Team Edward 100
  • Forum Explorer 100
  • Person of Interest 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 4:37 am
Here are some snappies of what I've been busy with:

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.
Reaper Dee-Dee Astro Girl and Khurasan's Evil Overlord as dashing Galactic Ranger Babylon Jones and Fraulein von Richthoven the 23rd, evil space Nazi Overseer from planet 88, because everything is better with Nazis as the baddies!

A trio of Elysian veterans that I've touched up and changed a few things about.

The first model is the original prototype for the army with Khemri brown uniform and Adeptus Battlegrey armour. The model has night vision goggles and a silenced carbine. It has no real table-top function other than looking neat.

The second model was sent to a friend so she could have an Elysian of her own, only the doll painted it and sent it back to me. The model is painted to represent an Elysian veteran based on the mythical SAS. The model has some minor modifications, including a custom silencer and a pair of night vision goggles nicked from a Space Marine Scout.

Third model is an updated colour version of the first model, with Brown Violet armour, black boots and a crapton of extra equipment stolen from Space Marine Scouts to denote the veteran part of these models. The head is from Rocket Girl and the arms are from the Empire militia set.

The first model has a shotgun strapped to his back along with a spare med-pouch and a rather oversized vehicle accessories sprue pistol holster, inspiration mostly came from Tom Clancy Rainbow 6 Las Vegas 2.

The second model has a spare lascutter power pack, cut down vox aerial and a Krieg shotgun ammo pouch.

The last model has a load of Space Marine Scout equipment attached to her webbing, including an assortment of explosives, pouches and rope.

Though kind of hard to see, the models have red lines running down their helmets, left shoulder guards and left knee guards, this is to denote that they have reached the lofty status of veteran within the Elysian hierarchy.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 03, 2011 11:40 pm
Does this mean a revival of the Elysian project?  

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Jun 04, 2011 12:39 am
Maybe, maybe not. We'll see what happens.  
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 57 58 59 60 61 62 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games