Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply [ Shinobi Nations ]
OoC| Chat Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

BlackJack1995

PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:18 pm
Lanfaer
BlackJack1995
Lanfaer
BlackJack1995
Lanfaer
I apologize for delays with profile approvals. I'll be looking them over shortly.

Blackjack, just a warning. Genjutsu and Tamer are both receiving changes, so just keep in mind your numbers might change because of it.

Thanks for the heads up. Crap now I gotta wonder though cause if the changes are drastic enough to make me regret one or both of my class choices then that would suck.

Genjutsu rules are being completely changed, making it where it's a bit more difficult to use, but rewards people who craft illusions well. There will be Styles of Genjutsu, similar to the Buki and Tai, that will be coming out as well. You'll see the same old-techniques, but just a bit of new rules. Tamers just received a change in how many slots they receive.

That actually sounds really cool. I did always wonder about that because it just seems like it would be so easy to spam Genjutsu the entire fight so your opponent can't do anything. And I always thought it was weird that Genjutsu was so restrictive. Gotta do what the technique says you can't use your imagination and stuff like that. Increase in difficulty of using it though is kind of scary since I'm really a terrible writer since I haven't written, well, since before when I quit gaia a couple years ago but... eh. I'll sleep on it. Might keep Genjutsu. Might not. The changes sound really interesting. So for now I'll just think about it a bit. The inclusion of Genjutsu styles really is what makes this sound awesome to me. When it comes to Genjutsu though my biggest worry always was "well if you don't have the Sakkakugan or the Sharingan is it really worth it?" since they both just seem so... absurdly good at the art lol

Oh quick question. What about layering Genjutsu? That was a thing that I believe happened in the show a bit. One Genjutsu being layered on top of the other so that when the first Genjutsu is undone the other goes unnoticed. I might be mistaking the show and fanfiction though I'm not sure. But that's an idea that sounds cool I'm curious if it's being considered at all?

I'm having it where you can only effect a certain number of senses at any one time. Outside of that, you can keep layering techniques all you want, as long as you pay the upkeep, though each upkeep does take an activation to maintain. So, at most, you could layer 3 techniques.

Oh we could always layer Genjutsu like that? Shoot I must have read the rules wrong. I thought you could only effect someone with one Genjutsu at a time, but I guess it meant you could only have one person effected by Genjutsu at a time.  
PostPosted: Tue Jan 31, 2017 10:42 pm
BlackJack1995
Lanfaer
BlackJack1995
Lanfaer
BlackJack1995
Lanfaer
I apologize for delays with profile approvals. I'll be looking them over shortly.

Blackjack, just a warning. Genjutsu and Tamer are both receiving changes, so just keep in mind your numbers might change because of it.

Thanks for the heads up. Crap now I gotta wonder though cause if the changes are drastic enough to make me regret one or both of my class choices then that would suck.

Genjutsu rules are being completely changed, making it where it's a bit more difficult to use, but rewards people who craft illusions well. There will be Styles of Genjutsu, similar to the Buki and Tai, that will be coming out as well. You'll see the same old-techniques, but just a bit of new rules. Tamers just received a change in how many slots they receive.

That actually sounds really cool. I did always wonder about that because it just seems like it would be so easy to spam Genjutsu the entire fight so your opponent can't do anything. And I always thought it was weird that Genjutsu was so restrictive. Gotta do what the technique says you can't use your imagination and stuff like that. Increase in difficulty of using it though is kind of scary since I'm really a terrible writer since I haven't written, well, since before when I quit gaia a couple years ago but... eh. I'll sleep on it. Might keep Genjutsu. Might not. The changes sound really interesting. So for now I'll just think about it a bit. The inclusion of Genjutsu styles really is what makes this sound awesome to me. When it comes to Genjutsu though my biggest worry always was "well if you don't have the Sakkakugan or the Sharingan is it really worth it?" since they both just seem so... absurdly good at the art lol

Oh quick question. What about layering Genjutsu? That was a thing that I believe happened in the show a bit. One Genjutsu being layered on top of the other so that when the first Genjutsu is undone the other goes unnoticed. I might be mistaking the show and fanfiction though I'm not sure. But that's an idea that sounds cool I'm curious if it's being considered at all?

I'm having it where you can only effect a certain number of senses at any one time. Outside of that, you can keep layering techniques all you want, as long as you pay the upkeep, though each upkeep does take an activation to maintain. So, at most, you could layer 3 techniques.

Oh we could always layer Genjutsu like that? Shoot I must have read the rules wrong. I thought you could only effect someone with one Genjutsu at a time, but I guess it meant you could only have one person effected by Genjutsu at a time.

The current rules were that you could only do one at a time. I'm changing that in the new situation.

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

BlackJack1995

PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 11:29 am
Lots of excitement happening in Kumo it seems. Shame I can't take part in it crying  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 12:55 pm
BlackJack1995
Lots of excitement happening in Kumo it seems. Shame I can't take part in it crying

*gently taps shoulder*
Patience is bitter, but the fruit is sweet, my friend.

Zak the Panduh

Dapper Partner

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:20 pm
BlackJack1995

As the guy who's character was just kicked out of Kumo, I have to agree.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 1:27 pm
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995

Lol I was actually just reading that. You're the Axel guy right? I may not have all the information but it seemed like a terrible misunderstanding the (presumably paranoid?) Raikage had about the guy?  

BlackJack1995

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:12 pm
BlackJack1995
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995

Lol I was actually just reading that. You're the Axel guy right? I may not have all the information but it seemed like a terrible misunderstanding the (presumably paranoid?) Raikage had about the guy?

Axel had broken village rules before, mainly insubordination and unwillingness to follow his superiors, because of the way he sees authority and respect as something that has to be won, not something that comes from a rank, but yeah, it was more or less a misunderstanding sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:24 pm
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995

Axel had broken village rules before, mainly insubordination and unwillingness to follow his superiors, because of the way he sees authority and respect as something that has to be won, not something that comes from a rank, but yeah, it was more or less a misunderstanding sweatdrop

Lol that philosophy of respect sounds like something our characters share. Hopefully I won't be following you out the door... that is if my character would just be approved already! lol all this waiting for it to be approved is just giving me more and more time to think "oh s**t is my character going to suck? He's going to suck isn't he? Dear God I hope he doesn't suck!" lol  

BlackJack1995

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:38 pm
BlackJack1995
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995

Lol that philosophy of respect sounds like something our characters share. Hopefully I won't be following you out the door... that is if my character would just be approved already! lol all this waiting for it to be approved is just giving me more and more time to think "oh s**t is my character going to suck? He's going to suck isn't he? Dear God I hope he doesn't suck!" lol

The only thing I'd change from the profile is the Fuma Shuriken since I'm sure that isn't a basic starting projectile, other than that I think you're good. I'll see if Lan's around later so I can tell him to go check your profile. That said, nice call on the Komodo, I don't think I've seen someone use those before.

And Kaileer is going to change after his falling out with Axel, so he's going to be more heavy handed now, so your character might have a hard time with him until he learns to respect Kaileer.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 02, 2017 2:59 pm
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995

The only thing I'd change from the profile is the Fuma Shuriken since I'm sure that isn't a basic starting projectile, other than that I think you're good. I'll see if Lan's around later so I can tell him to go check your profile. That said, nice call on the Komodo, I don't think I've seen someone use those before.

And Kaileer is going to change after his falling out with Axel, so he's going to be more heavy handed now, so your character might have a hard time with him until he learns to respect Kaileer.

I wanted to use something other than a dog or cat. I was actually debating for some time whether I wanted a komodo, a crocodile, or a snake. And I mean one of those big constrictor snakes cause a venomous one like the black mamba probably wouldn't be allowed. Now I'm debating the pros and cons of changing my tamer discipline to the one that lets me have three partners. The only thing that worries me is the extremely small amount of chakra and stamina they would have and the fact they could only train to be Jounin rank max. I'm not sure how long individual fights tend to last so it's hard for me to tell which is best.  

BlackJack1995

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 4:16 pm
BlackJack1995
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995

See, I can understand that. But outright being disrespectful? In a military setting? That's literally a sign of stupidity. Respecting someone, and showing respect, are two different things. If you are going to be disrespectful to your military commander you're not gonna get very far at all as a Shinobi. BUt you don't have to respect them on a personal level to be respectful as due.  
PostPosted: Fri Feb 03, 2017 5:46 pm
BlackJack1995
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995
Aegon VI Targaryan
BlackJack1995

I wanted to use something other than a dog or cat. I was actually debating for some time whether I wanted a komodo, a crocodile, or a snake. And I mean one of those big constrictor snakes cause a venomous one like the black mamba probably wouldn't be allowed. Now I'm debating the pros and cons of changing my tamer discipline to the one that lets me have three partners. The only thing that worries me is the extremely small amount of chakra and stamina they would have and the fact they could only train to be Jounin rank max. I'm not sure how long individual fights tend to last so it's hard for me to tell which is best.

I tend to prefer the one where you have 3. I always wanted to have one that was purely offensive, one defensive and one that was supplemental, but that's just how I would run it.  

Rexnov

Alien Abductee

1,350 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Gaian 50

Huntress Kitteh

Fanatical Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 4:43 am
Ahhhh it's been so long but I'm happy to get a foot back in Gaia.
Hopefully I can bring back my character and get her re-approved before diving back into things.

I hope I'm not too rusty.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 9:22 am
Huntress Kitteh
Hopefully I can bring back my character and get her re-approved before diving back into things.

Welcome back person!  

Pandora Green

Aged Gaian

Huntress Kitteh

Fanatical Fatcat

PostPosted: Tue Feb 07, 2017 7:20 pm
Holy Rinaku
Huntress Kitteh

Welcome back person!

Thanks! :>  
[ Shinobi Nations ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5872 5873 5874 5875 5876 5877 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games