Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply [ Shinobi Nations ]
OoC| Chat Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Wolfe Whitehorn

Eloquent Elocutionist

10,100 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Bloodsucking Bros 250
  • Citizen 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:02 pm
Haruhi000777

Being a little cheeky tonight, are we not?
We never said we had to implement these systems, we chose to, to give players other ways to build up their characters, because in our eyes it was a shame that players brought so much to the table, but were unrewarded for doing so. But to simply hand out individual rewards could be viewed as heavy-handed from the moderators, thus a system where utilizing different fields of study/research/progression that we have found to be character favorites or that players have utilized that add more in other regards to the guild.

Players that want to make weapons, now we quantify what they can make and the steps to how they're made. And they get experience through mission rewards for doing so. No individual or varying experience handed out from differing mods, but a set amount.

Player wants to make scroll paper instead of always having to run to Takumi to buy it, that's fine. They can even buy a shop permit and sell their wares for doing so.

We reward players with initative.

But furthermore, our playerbase has spoken. We have given them systems that are fun and advantageous, without stripping away the old system or making it useless any longer. Instead, we make what we want to see rewarded into viable systems. We wanted to encourage players who went rogue to be able to do so and to advance, I designed a system for Rogues Advancement with Mam and Azeiel's assistance.

We wanted professions to be rewarded, we made them into a valid system.

On your view of villages. The guild has maintained an activity level in most villages, one faded, it was recovered. That village is now beginning a rebuilding arc and several new members have joined to make characters whose arrival should be appearing soon. We stand behind our own and our playerbase we want to see them thrive without having to limit them to options of Red or Blue, or X, Y, or Z. We encourage creativity, we encourage diversity, but people with close-minded opinions forged in the cold flames of our history and their own bitter bucolic views of us, stand to oppose in moments such as these with arguments best served on a Blizzard games forum, and not on a GaiaOnline Board.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:05 pm
I Tortured Sleep I
Haruhi000777

Because I have seen that tried and failed so many times it's not funny.

What they're doing here is working clearly, there's more than a few people active and people are joining in all the time. All of the villages are doing something, even Konoha is up and running again. The only village not active is Otogakure and that's because no one wants to put up with Horace's s**t.

You're not putting anything constructive in to this guild, clearly. You're not active, and I haven't seen you doing anything since you said you were going to leave but then didn't. Complaining and being a sarcastic a*****e isn't going to get you anywhere, it's just gonna make people mad at you, and then people are going to ignore you. It's fairly clear you don't want the guild to improve, you just want to complain because you can. Like a troll, but a failure of one.

So please, if you have nothing nice to say, or nothing constructive to do, please leave. People put time and energy in to this guild and the ideas that have been made, and you're acting like a bully from the fifth grade and no one's buying in to it.

I love the way this guild does stuff, and the "endless grinding" is called goddamn progress. It's making it realistic, life is a grind too. It also helps people to obtain things by putting ACTUALLY EFFORT in. And nothing feels better than getting something you fought tooth and nail for.

If I go out I'm calling out the bullshit I see. I've been in this guild for years and really, what's changed?

Villages keep dying from inactivity or at best there's only two villages that are the most active most of the time. So why not cut it down?

And you're goddamn progress is just goddamn busy work. When I first joined this guild I put in the time to level up characters and I couldn't get past jounin because it just became SO BORING. And the job systems for religion? It does nothing except give you a fancy little title and a bit of a post reduction. But that certainly doesn't help if you get bored because you have to repeatedly post "I do the thing" again, and again, and again, and again.

And by the way, don't you come in being a c**t because I don't agree and participate in your enthusiasm because having been in this guild long enough the monotony has made me god damn jaded. SUE ME.

Konoha is resurrected. *slow claps* GREAT JOB. How long before another village or two dies as interest wanes and people leave AGAIN? No really, put in another rewards system as an incentive to get people to post more. Obviously it's seriously needed if you have to BRIBE people to keep posting.

Because really, nothing about this is convincing me that anything is getting better and it seems like people are just patting themselves on the back for minor things that really don't improve anything.

So that one guy in Otogakure is being mean and bullshitty? Why not do something about it? Or if it's going to die, why even bother with keeping Otogakure around?  

Haruhi000777

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:12 pm
Haruhi000777

There are currently four villages active, and there have been three villages active for almost a year now. Clearly you haven't been around enough.

And yeah, people come and go but that's goddamn life. This is the longest running Naruto guild that I've seen so far.

And I'm not being a c**t, I'm simply just telling you that if you don't like the guild to just get out. I see no point in you staying if you hate this guild so much, all you're doing is dragging your feet through mud. If you think your bitchiness is going to get me all riled up, it won't. I am laughing at how ridiculous you are being right now.

I'm saying you're being a b***h about a feature you haven't even seen in action yet, and it's stupid; and most likely based on some kind of bias. I'm also saying there are feelings behind the ideas you're bashing. People who put time and energy and sleepless nights over the stuff you're not even giving a chance; people who had high hopes that you're crushing even though you're not even using these systems.

So I'll say it once again, and I will not reply to your next response. If you're so unhappy with the guild, then just leave. It solves everyone's problems.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:20 pm
Wolfe Whitehorn

THE SYSTEM IS THE EXACT DAMN SAME THING AS THE MISSIONS. They offer nothing different other than making people add depth to their character... WHICH THEY SHOULD BE DOING ANYWAY. And you're not even rewarding the religious characters with anything they couldn't get from just doing missions! I mean even in pathfinder if you got an item that gives you bonuses for worshipping a certain god, that's a damn reward!

And you want to make it a process to make a weapon? Fine, fine. But is what you're saying is that the process is basically another mission systems? Which means more grind-tastic to the grind sandwich of this guild?

And WHY did you need to make a professions system if oh I don't know, BEING A SHINOBI AS A JOB wasn't enough? Why weren't the SHINOBI MISSIONS enough to keep people interested? People cannot possibly make multi-faceted characters on their own but you have to make systems to bribe them to do so?

You say you want to encourage diversity. The god damn diversity should already be there! It's only people like you that see options like Red or Blue or X, Y or Z as limiting when those sorts of systems can work. Instead you just want to turn this guild into what, in hindsight, it already was from the start. Harvest Moon slice of life where everyone is just so buddy buddy and everyone gets a damn gold star for basically doing the same thing but feelings special just because it has a different name and you make people do something they should of already been doing... PUTTING DEPTH INTO THEIR CHARACTERS.  

Haruhi000777

Haruhi000777

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:25 pm
I Tortured Sleep I

It's fine if you're laughing at me because I honestly feel sorry for you.

Four villages active. Define active. Is it active if there's like... THREE PEOPLE still posting?

And I don't hate the guild. I'm FRUSTRATED with it because it's just been one note for years at this point.

And I've looked at the religion system. You get a title and a post reduction. You might as well just stick with the missions because it's the exact same thing.

And if this guild has problems honey, it isn't because of me. This thing has had problems for a LONG time.  
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:27 pm
CanoodlingFlibbertyJibbit
Mmm, that's true. We need monsters...well, if your character does become monstrous, then I hope it works out really well ^^ I'd like to see monsters in this guild, wreaking havoc.

Well, as well as monsters can work out. c; I'll make sure she keeps her clothes on akatsuki curse has me paranoid but I definitely wanna see her mess up some villages. I hope my Marie can cross paths with your characters more some day, though! I wanna try and have her meet all teh ninjas evar.  

bird lawyer

Friend

Pawn of Calamity

Feral Genius

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:34 pm
I'm really excited for this new system.
All of them actually. I've never really considered myself a really creative person,
but a lot of these jobs have inspired me to give it a go! o u o

Can't wait to start posting in Konoha. ^ ^

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:34 pm
bird lawyer
Mmm, that's true. We need monsters...well, if your character does become monstrous, then I hope it works out really well ^^ I'd like to see monsters in this guild, wreaking havoc.

Well, as well as monsters can work out. c; I'll make sure she keeps her clothes on akatsuki curse has me paranoid but I definitely wanna see her mess up some villages. I hope my Marie can cross paths with your characters more some day, though! I wanna try and have her meet all teh ninjas evar.

Egad, monsters! In the darkest recesses of tall forests, the most barren of demon deserts, or the depths of the widest oceans?  

AandOE

Captain

Star-Crossed Astronomer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Full closet 200

Koresephone

Winter Specter

22,900 Points
  • Rat Conqueror 500
  • Foolhardy Benefactor 500
  • Battery 500
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:40 pm
There's that light mood I love. :3

Oh man I'm craving chocolate so bad right now, preferably a certain kind of white chocolate with bits of Oreo in it.

PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 9:48 pm
AandOE
bird lawyer

Egad, monsters! In the darkest recesses of tall forests, the most barren of demon deserts, or the depths of the widest oceans?

I told you I'd totally love to run monsters in combats~

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200

AandOE

Captain

Star-Crossed Astronomer

17,000 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Full closet 200
PostPosted: Fri Jun 19, 2015 10:06 pm
Lanfaer
AandOE
bird lawyer

I told you I'd totally love to run monsters in combats~

I have the barebones of the first compendium all set. Just need to eek in some time for a few formatted descriptions and spoiler sections. (there are several rather large images that need spoilers) After that, it'd be in the hands of the members~  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 9:38 am
AandOE

Heh, probably the desert. I wanna screw with Sunagakure. Or maybe I could add to the chaos of Konohagakure... Won't know until I'm a free jounin, I guess. B)  

bird lawyer

Friend

bird lawyer

Friend

PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:06 pm
The genjutsu class says that if you have it as both classes you get an additional sensory bonus but there's nothing about that in the genjutsu technique page. Each technique has a sense, but it doesn't say what a sensory bonus even is... Or am I just blind? emotion_0A0  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 1:14 pm
bird lawyer
The genjutsu class says that if you have it as both classes you get an additional sensory bonus but there's nothing about that in the genjutsu technique page. Each technique has a sense, but it doesn't say what a sensory bonus even is... Or am I just blind? emotion_0A0

Hi there! ^ ^
It means you can choose a second sense (sight, tatse, touch, hearing, or smell)
to affect a target by any Genjutsu you use.
Trust me, you're not the only one, I was confused by it too. @ w @

Pawn of Calamity

Feral Genius

astrasinthewild

10,850 Points
  • Dressed Up 200
  • Window Shopper 100
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Sat Jun 20, 2015 3:29 pm
-grabs her wall of text and beats people to a bloody death with it-
I'm sorry D: It wasn't supposed to be that way but it just...
It just HAPPENED.

-flails- Monsters! Oooh, you all should read The Foundling Trilogy. Its got a brilliant idea and execution of monsters in terms of strength and ability. Its a really good series too....

[ Shinobi Nations ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5827 5828 5829 5830 5831 5832 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games