Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply General Discussion (Chatterbox)
Chatterbox Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

What army do you have?
Space Marines
19%
 19%  [ 45 ]
Eldar
4%
 4%  [ 10 ]
Dark Eldar
3%
 3%  [ 7 ]
Chaos Space Marines
10%
 10%  [ 25 ]
Tau
9%
 9%  [ 22 ]
Imperial Guard
6%
 6%  [ 15 ]
Necrons
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Deamon Hunters
1%
 1%  [ 4 ]
Witch Hunters
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
Tyranids
4%
 4%  [ 11 ]
Orks
2%
 2%  [ 5 ]
More than one.
30%
 30%  [ 71 ]
Total Votes : 231

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Fri Nov 02, 2012 3:19 pm
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
A hurricane with a good friend in its path, I've got a sad half-blind puppy, things can't get any worse! crying
How is the puppy doing, anyway? I haven't heard much lately. sad
She's got a swollen eye that needs eye drops several times per day. She doesn't like it one bit, not even with the promise of treats as bribes.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 4:47 am
Lady Blodwynn
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
A hurricane with a good friend in its path, I've got a sad half-blind puppy, things can't get any worse! crying
She's got a swollen eye that needs eye drops several times per day. She doesn't like it one bit, not even with the promise of treats as bribes.
That stinks. Any idea how long she's going to need this treatment?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:03 am
Got my books, got a laser printer up and running and am brainstorming over Skype, wahoo.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:23 am
Lt. Brookman
Got my books, got a laser printer up and running and am brainstorming over Skype, wahoo.
Got a lot of printing to do? o.O  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:28 am
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
Not really, but when it's half off and you get a free toner with it you know it's an offer a Dutchman can't refuse. I like to think of it as an investment that will pay itself back over the aeons. wink  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 6:58 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Not really, but when it's half off and you get a free toner with it you know it's an offer a Dutchman can't refuse. I like to think of it as an investment that will pay itself back over the aeons. wink
Touche, a good printer is never bad to have! Honestly, if you get a good enough deal, sometimes buying the printer on sale is cheaper than replacement ink for your old one!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:06 am
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Touche, a good printer is never bad to have! Honestly, if you get a good enough deal, sometimes buying the printer on sale is cheaper than replacement ink for your old one!
Yeah, that's the big downer with colour lasers. The device was sold for €100 and toners go for €50 though I got one in for free. It's a black and white laser though, a colour would be painfully expensive to keep running, with four toners in it.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:08 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Yeah, that's the big downer with colour lasers. The device was sold for €100 and toners go for €50 though I got one in for free. It's a black and white laser though, a colour would be painfully expensive to keep running, with four toners in it.
That's still quite a price, is that before or after the 50% discount?  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:13 am
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
After, it was €199 first, but they needed to get rid of them for some reason. Well top marks to them for tossing out perfectly good Brother printers for such a low, low price.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:20 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
After, it was €199 first, but they needed to get rid of them for some reason. Well top marks to them for tossing out perfectly good Brother printers for such a low, low price.
Wow. I don't know if I could go for a laser printer at that price, I see Inkjet printer/scanner/copiers for between $70 and $100 all the time, I don't need anything fancier than that.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:23 am
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Wow. I don't know if I could go for a laser printer at that price, I see Inkjet printer/scanner/copiers for between $70 and $100 all the time, I don't need anything fancier than that.
Well, I print out drafts and handouts from time to time, which are low on pictures and high on text. For that lasers are a more economical option, 5000 or so prints before it runs out.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 7:29 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
Well, I print out drafts and handouts from time to time, which are low on pictures and high on text. For that lasers are a more economical option, 5000 or so prints before it runs out.

I'm a little more 50-50 myself, especially since everything GW puts on a PDF has background textures on all of their text anyway!  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 8:58 am
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman

I'm a little more 50-50 myself, especially since everything GW puts on a PDF has background textures on all of their text anyway!
Most companies thankfully put out print-friendly versions these days, saves you ink.  
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 9:43 am
Lt. Brookman
DarkElf27
Lt. Brookman

Most companies thankfully put out print-friendly versions these days, saves you ink.
True that. Everyone talks about saving paper, but it's ink that really hurts the wallet. I'm just a sucker for pretty-looking pages, so I usually end up printing off the nice scans anyway. ^^;  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Nov 03, 2012 3:32 pm
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
DarkElf27
Lady Blodwynn
That stinks. Any idea how long she's going to need this treatment?
We're going back for a check-up on Monday.  
General Discussion (Chatterbox)

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 580 581 582 583 584 585 ... 762 763 764 765 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games