Welcome to Gaia! ::

Gaian Art Mentors

Back to Guilds

Where artists are paired in a mentor/mentee fashion to share their knowledge. 

Tags: artists, mentor, mentee, learning, drawing 

Reply Gaian Art Mentors
Introduce yourself! Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

i cannot see

PostPosted: Tue May 26, 2009 4:13 am
I'm Karen. I am a thousand years old, and my drawing skills leave much to be desired. I'm looking to learn everything I possibly can here. My DA is here: http://failedjuliet.deviantart.com

I really want to branch out of manga style, because I'm growing tired of it.  
PostPosted: Wed May 27, 2009 8:40 am
Introductions! Gotta love them. Corny, meaningless and yet, they feel so mandatory.

So yeah. I'm Kaya. I kinda have been drawing since I was a small child. I realized I enjoyed it more than other kids, and it seemed to be the "what I wanna be when I grow up" I came back to the most. So I decided to stick with that. Of course, I never really understood the basic concepts of drawing until I was about 13. I found tutorials for anime, and thought it was the coolest. Now, I think of my style as being a mixture of several styles...

Yeah...

I like sushi.  

.[Kaya no Jutsu].

SageMinto

PostPosted: Thu May 28, 2009 10:55 am
Hello!! My screename is MeaShayShay (as you can see)
But my real name is Jamea and I am a high school sophomore.
I love drawing, writing,reading, cooking, listening to music.

I don't really know what to say about my art. It's just that I have definitely improved a lot from when I started. I look back on my older artwork(it's important to keep your older artwork guys!! Never throw it away no matter how much you think you hate it! You'll regret it!!) and see how my style changed a lot. I think it's getting better everyday.
Although I struggle with outfit ideas even though people tell it doesn't look like I do. Also I have difficultly drawing cars and some animals.

Something else I want to work on is the art style used in you know the Marvel and DC comics. I'm good with the manga/anime style, but I'm also a great fan of the Marvel, DC comics art styles(I grew up with the comics as my parents did.They kept alot of them!) Oh also I adore the Archie/Betty/Veronica comics artwork. xD

Well that's it for now!
Here's my dA ;SageMint dA aka MeaShayShay
I hope I can upload more on there. I haven't lately..xD
Toodles!  
PostPosted: Fri May 29, 2009 8:52 am
Hello everyone!
My name is Mio and i'm new both in Gaia and this guild!

I'm still not good in drawing althought i loved it very much and that's why i loved to join this guild
heart  

10 PM Remix

orange_split

PostPosted: Sat May 30, 2009 10:36 am
hi! my real name is patricia but i prefer to be called pat..14 and a junior in highschool.
i started to draw since i was a kid probably between 2-3 and continue to draw as i grow up..my drawing skills focuses on anime. but i am having a hard time on the anatomy and poses..i still have much to learn..my imagination is also boundless..

but the problem is, since in my family i am the only one who's art oriented and in school i am considered what they call "art master" which is very inaapropriate,they tend to say that i don't need guidance in my drawing..so i hope that in this guild someone might be willing to help me..  
PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 7:21 am
Welcome! We're so glad to have you all. ^_^  

Errol McGillivray
Captain

MEOWpongky

PostPosted: Sun May 31, 2009 9:01 am
HI! I'm MEOWpongky biggrin
you can call me Shy biggrin
i'm just a normal girl who likes drawing and a lot more biggrin
right now i'm feeling quite artsy..

User Image

if you have time, visit my Deviantart Gallery biggrin
MY DEVIANTART GALLEY biggrin  
PostPosted: Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:45 pm
[I'm Molly. I just finished 8th grade and I'm excited that I'll be starting high school when summer is over. I plan to be a surgeon when I grow up, if that matters. I'm the only one in my family that's any good at art. My brother is actually writing a novel (he's only just finished his sophomore year of high school, but it's really really well written!) and sometimes I draw his characters by how he describes them and it's really fun. I started drawing when I was very little, and I recently found one of my old notebooks filled with drawings including a surprisingly accurate portrait of my mother. Apparently I drew it when I was around 5 years old.

I'm short and skinny and am often mistaken for an 8 year old, but I turned 14 in February. I have straight brown hair down almost to my butt and green-ish brown-ish (hazel, some call them) eyes. I eat tons of junk food, but I'm a very picky eater. The only fruits I really like are apples, bananas, and watermelon. I love chicken (especially fried, but the KFC by our house closed and now I'm lucky to get any fried chicken once in two months) in almost every form, and I don't like hamburgers which is odd to most people. I have braces because of an underbite (lower teeth stick out farther than my top teeth) problem and I haaaaaate having braces. I play lots of video games, too. I have 2 older brothers and 1 older sister. And if you couldn't tell by my name and avatar I'm a girl. >.>

I got a tablet for Christmas in '08 and I'm really starting to get the hang of drawing on it. It's a Bamboo, I think. I don't have a DA, but I should probably get one. Once I get one I'll post it.
]

Mokitty

9,650 Points
  • Bidding War 100
  • Bunny Hoarder 150
  • Beta Citizen 0

raradolly

PostPosted: Fri Jun 05, 2009 10:56 pm
Hi I'm Raquel, I'm 24 and soon to be graduating from Cosmetology school. (I'm going to be a nail tech, not a hair dresser)
I've been formally drawing since the age of 2, not that you can tell. But before that, my parents found I was taking off my diapers and drawing with my own poo on the walls, although I was only 6 months then.
My lineart is terrible, and color and cloth and especially color and cloth combined in different situations elude me. smile
I'd like to get better.
This is my dA: http://raradolly.devianart.com  
PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 1:40 am
hey hey all. My name is Hunter and i joined here cause Tireal asked me to XD. i'm not really a 2-d artist per say tho i do draw and paint. its just those were my foundations for 3-d modeling. i wanted to be a comic artist when i was a kid but being asian my parents wouldn't let me. now i'm back in college earning my 2nd degree in 3-d animation(yay!). but because of my specialty in modeling i have a strong sense of form and anatomy. so if you guys need help in those areas let me know  

Folken_Schezar
Crew

wow its byron

PostPosted: Sat Jun 06, 2009 11:59 am
hi I'm new here i like to get better at my manga drawing but my real talent is graffiti. The frist two pics are mine  
PostPosted: Sun Jun 07, 2009 10:36 am
User Image

I'm Eden. I'm a junior in college and have been drawing since I was 13. I love drawing for people here on gaia and I run my own art shop. I don't really have much to say about myself. Usually I talk people's ears off but today I feel sick...

I drew this

Eden-san

Phantom

Zedhryx

3,150 Points
  • Hygienic 200
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Signature Look 250
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:37 pm
Hello, all~ I am known as Eka (you can call me Zedhryx, but...).
I'm 18, unemployed, going into my senior year of high school (and will be finishing up my Associates degree for college as well), and I have been drawing as long as I can remember. :>

I mainly draw anime/cartoon type of things, but I've been branching out to realism (so I can apply it to my regular style. hur hur).
I am a traditional material addict, I can't really use the computer too well unless it's oekaki.
Prisma color markers are LOVE. <3
I really, really like drawing elves. It's not healthy.

And I want to go into Columbus College of Art and Design after I finish high school, and hopefully major in Illustration.

And that's about it, really.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:47 pm
User Image

Hello everyone, I'm Casondra/Cassie/Cas. I'm 20 years old and an aspiring Video Game Artist. I love art and video games so I decided for a career I will tire out my two favorite things until I can't stand to look at either of them without wanting to stab myself in the face with a dull spoon.

You can see my art in my:

Deviant Art. Or: Photobucket.

About my art:

I am actually interested in quite a few styles as you can tell, all of my art fluctuates every single time I draw something. I go from semi-realistic like Feimo, to concept art, to anime then to chibi, which each have their own styles.

I'm on Gaia to gain friends that are similar to me artistically and actual reasons to finish my art. 99% of all my art is unfinished, I get bored very fast.

I want to get a serious portfolio and I want to be proud of my work, and as of now I am not proud of it at all. That being said, I will keep working my butt off until I am happy.

xCasondra

BlindMagnum

PostPosted: Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:40 am
HAI! my name is Sookie, and no its not from true blood. Im 22, and recovering from a back injury, so i have lots of time to doodle. Up until recently I trained horses in hunter, jumper, dressage, and halter. Doc says no more getting hurt so Ive got to a find a new job. Ive drawn my whole life, but was never allowed classes because its "not a decent way to make a living". I plan on taking a couple of courses at the CC, and Id like to eventually try game design. Currently playing Halo3, CodWaW, and Prototype.

=3
http://blindmagnum.deviantart.com/  
Gaian Art Mentors

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 79 80 81 82 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games