Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Guild Archives
Release thread - Horus Heresy & 7TV Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:44 am
We really need a dedicated release guy some day.. talk2hand

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

Quote:
A brand new Forge World supplement book for Warhammer 40,000, Imperial Armour Aeronautica, written by Neil Wylie, contains fully updated 6th Edition rules for 34 flyers and 13 anti-aircraft units fielded by the Imperial Navy, Space Marines, Orks, Eldar, Tyranids, Tau Empire, Necrons, Dark Eldar and Chaos.
These include complete rules for two brand new aircraft: the Space Marine Storm Eagle Assault Gunship and the Imperial Navy Avenger Strike Fighter.

In addition to the vehicle data sheets this book also provides you with the wargear and special rules unique to the terrifying airborne war engines of the 41st Millennium. Alongside these is a new narrative campaign, the Scourging of Kerrack, which provides six new missions specifically designed to incorporate aerial combat into your games of Warhammer 40,000 and Apocalypse, including detailed rules for developing Ace pilots over the course of the campaign. Also included is an Apocalypse rules appendix, updated for the 6th edition of Warhammer 40,000.

This 112-page, full colour, hardback book is lavishly illustrated with photographs and line drawings as well as campaign maps, and it is an indispensible reference for any hobbyist who’s collection contains a Forge World flyer. Imperial Armour Aeronautica is available to pre-order now for despatch from 27th July.

PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 5:45 am
Sean King
Psychic cards, check. Gamers edition, check. I was certain they would be out, but my shop got in a whole box full of Gamers Editions and you better believe I snagged one while I could.
Agreed, well worth the purchase. The templates and servo-skull tape measure not so much, but the GE, well worth it for the bag alone.  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:13 pm
Have you checked the specs for the Spartan yet? A carrying capacity of 25 Marines. A BS of 4, 14 armor all around and HP of 5. Mounts 2 quad lascannon or 2 Laser Destoyers, a twin-linked heavy bolter or twin-linked heavy flamer. I can't wait to get mine in Chicago on the 28th.  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:16 pm
Sean King
Have you checked the specs for the Spartan yet? A carrying capacity of 25 Marines. A BS of 4, 14 armor all around and HP of 5. Mounts 2 quad lascannon or 2 Laser Destoyers, a twin-linked heavy bolter or twin-linked heavy flamer. I can't wait to get mine in Chicago on the 28th.

remember to always say this on deployment: THIS... IS... SPARTAN!  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 1:48 pm
Van Evok
Sean King

Can I punch you?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 4:15 pm
Um... Which one? sweatdrop  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

notmuch_23

Lonely Conventioneer

17,525 Points
  • Partygoer 500
  • Marathon 300
  • Conventioneer 300
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:15 pm
Sean King

cheese_whine ?  
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 6:39 pm
Kaori Kapoigne
Van Evok
Sean King

Can I punch you?

Madam, punch me if you can!  

Van Evok

Dangerous Hunter

8,550 Points
  • Forum Sophomore 300
  • Signature Look 250
  • Person of Interest 200

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 08, 2012 9:21 pm
It's about time the Space Marines get something decent(you know, like doesn't blow itself up) to take on Titans with.  
PostPosted: Mon Jul 09, 2012 12:56 am
The Spartan is a great (and rare) example of FW writing rules for a model that is under priced and overpowered. Which is something of a rarity with FW, as they usually underpower and overprice their models, just to be on the safe side. Though this is made up for with the limited range of the main weapons. Also, not sure how 25 models are supposed to fit in that. Then again, a Rhino is supposed to have a capacity of 10 models..

Finally, it still doesn't poop out a line of models like in the old days!  

Hoxtalicious

Greedy Partner

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 1:00 am
Lt. Brookman
Finally, it still doesn't poop out a line of models like in the old days!
You've certainly gotten cruder ever since, you know... sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Tue Jul 10, 2012 8:07 am
Must be the blessings of Nurgle.  

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200

Lady Blodwynn

Sexy Businesswoman

7,900 Points
  • Unleash the Beast 100
  • Guildmember 100
  • Brandisher 100
PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 1:24 am
Imperial Avenger Strike Fighter - http://www.forgeworld.co.uk/New_Stuff/AVENGER_STRIKE_FIGHTER.html

User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

The Avenger is a dedicated strike fighter, intended to conduct high-speed, low-level attacks on ground targets, with armoured vehicle formations and high-value strategic assets such as munitions dumps forming its principal prey. The Avenger Strike Fighter boasts firepower that exceeds most other Imperial aircraft of its size, and its particular reputation as a tank-killer is due to the Avenger bolt cannon it carries.

The Avenger is an ancient design, believed to originate on Ancient Terra sometime during the Age of Strife. It was adopted by forces loyal to the Divine Saint Sebastian Thor during the bloody wars of faith and schism now called the Age of Apostasy. Its effectiveness is such that it is now a staple of any Imperial Navy air support mission, holding a glamour of holy import in the wider Imperium. The Avenger is often specifically requested by the Adeptus Sororitas should they require close support in their purgations,

The Avenger Strike Fighter is a finely-detailed multi-part resin kit designed by Daren Parrwood. The kit contains two crew figures and a fully detailed cockpit interior, and the two lascannons supplied with this kit can both be supplemented and replaced with other Forge World Imperial Navy weapons. Full rules for the Avenger can be found in the recently released Imperial Armour Aeronautica, and the kit is available to pre-order here for despatch from Friday 27th July.

PostPosted: Sat Jul 14, 2012 6:02 am
Ugly, expensive, made from resin.... It's forge world! xp  

Vikki Stardust

Sweet Vampire

14,875 Points
  • Risky Lifestyle 100
  • Object of Affection 150
  • Hellraiser 500

Sean King

Lonely Lunatic

13,975 Points
  • Brandisher 100
  • Treasure Hunter 100
  • Ultimate Player 200
PostPosted: Sun Jul 15, 2012 6:52 am
Um... So its no different than any of the other Imperial Guard fighters than? Ugly,expensive, and made from resin. I like the big bolter though.  
Guild Archives

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 68 69 70 71 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games