Welcome to Gaia! ::

Harry Potter Guild of Gaia

Back to Guilds

The most active Harry Potter and Discussion guild in Gaia! 

Tags: Harry Potter, books, Discussion, Literate, Events 

Reply Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]
Hogwart's Staff Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

a new decade needs a new poll!
  =)
View Results

IceeWitch

PostPosted: Thu Jan 07, 2010 11:55 am
Junimaia
(( *ahem* Like I said before. There was.))

My mistake. I don't know what I confused it for then.

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2010 9:19 pm
I'm really too busy to teach this term, sorry, I didn't realize it until now. I've deleted all the posts (except the first) in my thread and marked it as closed, you can delete it if you like. Also, I did post in the student message board.

Stardust Disaster
Crew

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
PostPosted: Fri Feb 12, 2010 5:47 pm
Sorry, deleted! sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Feb 13, 2010 7:47 am
I'm so sorry, but i need to close my classroom. I have too much rl stuff going on right now. Sorry sorry sorry......  

Est_monte_de_Dieu

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:49 pm
Ok, Removed I am sorry I was over excited to teach in the next term. lol
Removed but saved to post later. biggrin

PostPosted: Mon Feb 15, 2010 1:38 pm
Important:

Winter Term 2010 applications have been closed.

Also, Spring Term applications are not yet open. We haven't even gotten dates together quite yet. Please remove your applications for now. There will be an announcement in the Entrance Hall when teachers can start applying

IceeWitch

Junimaia

Dapper Dabbler

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2010 4:54 pm
stare I've only seen 3 teachers post house points at all this term.

Student teachers: If you don't want to lose points from your house, I suggest you make sure you get your class house points posted before the the house cup for Winter term is awarded. Term officially ends on February 26th. If you haven't started on this already, make sure you post your house point tallies in the hour glasses within a week after that date.

I'm very annoyed to discover only 4 of the teachers from last term posted their house point tallies. That's almost half the faculty. I'm sure alot of the students take alot of pride in earning points for their house by taking classes. Don't insult them.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 3:17 pm
Teacher Applications are now being accepted. Also... quoted for importance:

Professor_Adonis
Classes for Spring Term 2010 begin almost a month from today.
Teacher Applications are now being accepted at the Hogwarts Staff Room.
Please read below before applying.

Last term quite a few people were unable to fulfill their teaching commitment which left a lot of students upset when they were very excited to take the class. If you are thinking about applying, we recommend (especially if you think you may become busier towards the end of term) that you plan your lessons in advance once you're approved. That way you won't have to worry about writing a new lesson when you have finals/mid-terms in real life.

Anyone who is approved to teach a class MUST post at least three lessons (subject to change) for the term. If less than three lessons are posted, a point deduction of at least 25 points will occur. However, we do believe in "extenuating circumstances". For instance if your parent bans you from logging on, you're extremely sick, etc. then we won't penalize you as long as you inform us via the Student Message Board.

Professor_Adonis
Captain

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:00 pm
Hogwarts Teaching Application
Hogwart’s Teaching Application

1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? A few months

2. How many posts have you made? 292 (prior to posting this)

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you? Yes I was in the Flying Class, Herbology, Charms, Transfiguration. I turned everything in, and even did extra credit work.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
I am applying for (1st) Divination; (2nd) Italiano per la strega e il mago (Italian for the witch and wizard)

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Delilah Deciphyr(divinations) she is a woman of some status in the London Area, she has a shop in Diagon Alley where she sells all the needs of the inner eye, and fortune telling trades. The shop is ran by her husband Frank Deciphyr. Delilah is an exellent Legimens, and occulumens, as well as has a nack for forshadowing events to come. She is pictured below:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Professor Georgio Fermata (Italiano Per la strega e il mago {Italian for the witch & wizard) He was born and raised in Florence Italy, where he studied under the great Vittorio Giannini and became a fantastic opera singer and viola player. He went into teaching after a long period of seclusion, while working on his never finished Symphony of the Wizard. All traces of the Symphony were lost in a fire that claimed the home he had in Florence. He would teach a music class but he loves his native tongue the most so he would like to teach it to the students of Hogwarts. The language will help with the comprehension of spells and pronunciation of spells. He moved to the United Kingdom to find a teaching job in the magical world. Italy's schools of witchcraft and wizardry were full up on teachers, and he needed work. He is pictured below:

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts: Delilah Deciphyr would love to teach at hogwarts to pass on her knowledge of Divination.
Georgio Fermata would love to teach here to ensure that the witches and wizards are able to comprehend the spells they are speaking and understand the language of Italy.

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like) Professor Deciphyr would use images to teach tea leaf reading, and crystal ball use, and other techniques used by Prof. Trelawney in HP series.
Professor Fermata, would have textbooks (links) to italian dictionaries and verb conjugations as well as to fun facts of Italy he would teach via google translator as well which has a listen option.

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) The Queen Lana and Avatar34 has agreed to be a reference for me.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have: I am Irl a ritualistic Pagan and divination is fairly easy for me. As far as Italian, in real life I am going to become an Italian, or language teacher.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? I would be more than happy to sub for a class as someone who is irl going into the teaching field this can only help me.

11.Anything else you would like to add: My Professors will have a life outside of teaching, they may even be exciting additions to the school, They will have a back story that I will be writing and posting on my profile just like I did with Andrew Adler. I am really looking forward to teaching at Hogwarts.

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 4:07 pm
Hogwart’s Teaching Application Wrote:
Hogwarts Teaching Application
1. About how long have you been a part of the Guild? Several years.

2. How many posts have you made? 470 (more now)

3. Have you ever been enrolled in any other classes with this guild and were you diligent with the homework that was assigned to you?
Yes, I was enrolled in several other classes with this guild before and yes I was diligent with homework and anything assigned to me.

4. Class(es) you are applying for, first and second choices only.
I am applying for Astronomy and Ancient Runes for the Spring Term. I already have lesson made up for both.

5. Professor's name and user name, so RP and otherwise (RP characters are welcomed, if not wanted but not required):
Professor Aurora and Avatar34 are my Professor’s name and user name.

6. Why you want to teach here at Hogwarts:
Because it is fun and interesting plus, I love this guild and it’s a good way to keep it going. (In rl I'm interested in these subjects in real life so I think it makes it a little more interesting.)

7. What will class be like under your instruction? Can you give an example of what one of your lessons will look like? And perhaps how you think you will set up the class? (You can just give a brief description if you'd like)
Under my instruction the classroom would how it was in the past but updated. (As I said If you would like to see an example please pm me and I can show you the lessons I plan to use if accepted.)

8. Can you give us any references? Someone who is part of the guild. (The more active and trusted, the better. And they better know they're your reference before you send in this application.) Animekitty,Oshenukhar, Serenity Howlett & Junimaia have agreed to let me use them as references.

9. What do you have that any other of the applying teachers don't have:
I have been the Astronomy teacher (as well as other taught other classes) in the past and had to stop due to illness. What I have that the other applying teachers may not have is a real interest for Astronomy and Ancient Runes.

10. In case you do not get the class you applied for (either first or second) would you consider "substituting" for the class? Maybe it would depend on what I‘m already doing.

11.Anything else you would like to add:
Yes, that I know I left kind of out of nowhere last time (although I did tell my HoH and Professor Adonis and post that I had to leave in several places as I was told) however I want you to know that it was due to illness and not that I just got to darn lazy to continue in this guild because, that isn’t true at all.

Edited: March 8 11:45am
I just wanted to let you know that I dont mind talking about my illness and why I had to leave the guild for a while. If any of the Mods have questions about what happenend, please feel free to pm me. I don't mind you gals knowing, but the whole guild dosn't have to know.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:05 pm
User ImageJack: Where to, Miss?

Question?
When I am teaching a class my Rp Character can not be in the class correct?

I just want to be sure.

Rose: To the stars.User Image

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:39 pm
Oshenukhar

Question?

I just want to be sure.

That not true. I use mine. Tina Aoura. I'm right, right?

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0

Oshenukhar

PostPosted: Sun Mar 07, 2010 8:41 pm
Oshenukhar
Jack: Where to, Miss?

Question?

I just want to be sure.

Rose: To the stars.

So I can take the class and teach the class?

PostPosted: Mon Mar 08, 2010 3:44 am
Oshenukhar
Oshenukhar
Jack: Where to, Miss?

Question?

I just want to be sure.

Rose: To the stars.

So I can take the class and teach the class?

That's what I did when I was a Student. So unless somehing has changed, it should be the same. You should ask a mod for sure.

6,700 Points
  • Beta Citizen 0
  • Beta Treasure Hunter 0
  • Beta Explorer 0
Halls Of Learning [Classrooms]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 70 71 72 73 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games