Welcome to Gaia! ::

Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Back to Guilds

Educational, Respectful and Responsible Paganism. Don't worry, we'll teach you how. 

Tags: Pagan, Wicca, Paganism, Witchcraft, Witch 

Reply Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center
This is a stupid question but I'm going to ask anyway thread Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:08 pm
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Though I don't know if I've said it here before, but I love the Lokasenna. To pieces.
It was well done. Do you think there is a lesson to be had about taking a Flyting from that?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:09 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn
TeaDidikai
Bastemhet
How do you deal with the rage that starts to eat you up when the stupid upon stupid avalanches any attempt you are making at intellectual honesty?
It usually involves repeating myself until they understand, or a good flyting.
I do so enjoy a good flyting.
3nodding
Especially when it is well deserved.
Deo man... can that girl give a flyting or what?

My stupid question: Flyting is...?  

Recursive Paradox

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:15 pm
Recursive Paradox

Insult contest.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:15 pm
TeaDidikai

Namikikyo
None at the moment. I was considering doing a little something-something if I figured them out or what they did, but I only thought there was one tradition that had them.

How many traditions have them?
Couldn't say. I know of at least three traditions that use the phrase, largely because they stem from CM practices. How many are out there is beyond me.

Why would you want to use them?

It's something I wanted to do when I first started paganism, but I threw out that idea when I found Hellemos.

However, now that I'm back at square one and seeking again, I really want to try some of the things I missed out on to see if it works for me.

I just wanted to dip my toes in it before I jumped in, unless you think this is a bad idea? If so, I can take a step back and try to do something else.

A side question, What are CM practices?

Namikikyo

Namikikyo

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:16 pm
TeaDidikai
Recursive Paradox

Insult contest.

I'm glad someone else asked before I did. sweatdrop

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:20 pm
Namikikyo

I just wanted to dip my toes in it before I jumped in, unless you think this is a bad idea? If so, I can take a step back and try to do something else.
Some of these guardians include factions of YHVH's will. Others need the context of specific religions to make sense... so, trying it for the sake of trying it doesn't strike me as a good idea.

At least, not within proper context.

Quote:
A side question, What are CM practices?
Ceremonial practices.

What is practiced currently has largely stemmed from The Golden Dawn and it's b*****d children. This isn't the end all be all, but it's what you're most likely to come across.  

TeaDidikai

Celeblin Galadeneryn

Beloved Romantic

15,800 Points
  • Potion Disaster 50
  • Egg Hunt Master 250
  • Luminary Melee Champion 200
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:27 pm
TeaDidikai
Celeblin Galadeneryn

Though I don't know if I've said it here before, but I love the Lokasenna. To pieces.
It was well done. Do you think there is a lesson to be had about taking a Flyting from that?
Indeed, in giving and taking. In giving, it can in fact go too far, even among friends/kin. A flyting session is not an excuse to stop behaving yourself. Yes, you're saying harsh things, but you should know the lines and when not to cross them, especially when dealing with flyting that isn't pre-batting abuse, which is pretty much most flyting today.

I see the purpose of the flyting in the Lokasenna as Loki bringing the rest of the Aesir down a notch after they had done insult to him, however he went too far, to the point where he ignored the purpose (at least as I saw it) of his invective in an effort to hurl more of it, which resulted in Thor ending it.

As for taking, I think the early actions of the other Gods in the Lokasenna should serve as an example that sometimes, you should take a flyting when it's deserved. Loki comes in spouting invective from the beginning, and they still give him a seat and hear him out, even if Odhinn does try to give him the seat to please him so he stops. It's only later that Thor removes him. Yeah, Loki probably shouldn't have claimed to have slept with just about every Goddess there, but there was at least some acknowledgement of him being allowed to react in anger since he is angry, rather than having to withhold himself.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:25 pm
TeaDidikai
Some of these guardians include factions of YHVH's will. Others need the context of specific religions to make sense... so, trying it for the sake of trying it doesn't strike me as a good idea.

At least, not within proper context.

Okay then, I'm glad I asked before I trusted the internet. whee Thank you very much, Tea.

Quote:
Ceremonial practices.

What is practiced currently has largely stemmed from The Golden Dawn and it's b*****d children. This isn't the end all be all, but it's what you're most likely to come across.

Oh. I'm not too big on the whole Big Ceremonial Magic kinda of things anyways.

I believe I'm much more of a Folk Magic kinda person, I suppose.  

Namikikyo

o sunflower king

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 4:48 pm
What pagan traditions support the idea of reincarnation? I'm just curious. sweatdrop  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:00 pm
Taerinn
What pagan traditions support the idea of reincarnation? I'm just curious. sweatdrop
Wica, Standing Stone, Buddhism, Hinduism, any number of Eclectics that accept it...

Those are the actual traditions/religions that come to mind off the top of my head.
Perhaps the better question would be "Which religious tradition are you interested in?" So that we can then explore After Life mythos within it?  

TeaDidikai

TeaDidikai

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:03 pm
Namikikyo
Okay then, I'm glad I asked before I trusted the internet. whee Thank you very much, Tea.
Welcome.
The standard motto is "Don't call up what you can't put down".

I don't think you would be happy with blood thirsty beasties that are part of a Middle Eastern god's will running around the place. (And that's my polite address for them. )

Quote:

Oh. I'm not too big on the whole Big Ceremonial Magic kinda of things anyways.

I believe I'm much more of a Folk Magic kinda person, I suppose.
What kind of folk? Telling us which folk you like the magic of will help narrow things down.

But then, there's the question about if you should be practicing magic as well.  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 7:56 pm
Gho the Girl
Evolutionay Gothik Theory

A regular person.
Eh, better ask them what leads them to think so.
Quote:

Voodoo, Yeah, I've seen those dolls at borders bookstore that come with a book, I was hoping that there would be some other types of magical systems that don't include Voodoo, Any other types of magic that uses dolls?
I'd be very cautious of magical implements sold at large chain stores. At best, it would probably be just a doll to feed the mass fluffyism, at worst, it could wreak unintended effects that could be quite damaging.
Quote:

hmmm, Objects do not die, maybe the soul forevers stays in the object until it breaks, or something like that?
What if it gets fixed?

Ok. What kind of unintended effects would these be?
If the object gets fixed, either the soul goes back in the object or the soul is freed forever from the object and reincarnates or goes to whichever afterlife.  

FinalFantasy22222

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:02 pm
Gho the Girl

A regular person.
Eh, better ask them what leads them to think so.
Quote:

Voodoo, Yeah, I've seen those dolls at borders bookstore that come with a book, I was hoping that there would be some other types of magical systems that don't include Voodoo, Any other types of magic that uses dolls?
I'd be very cautious of magical implements sold at large chain stores. At best, it would probably be just a doll to feed the mass fluffyism, at worst, it could wreak unintended effects that could be quite damaging.
Quote:

hmmm, Objects do not die, maybe the soul forevers stays in the object until it breaks, or something like that?
What if it gets fixed?

Ok. What kind of unintended effects would these be?
I don't know enough about hoodoo/voodoo to say. I could probably imagine some things based upon my very few impressions on the subject but I wouldn't want to say something that is incorrect.
Quote:

If the object gets fixed, either the soul goes back in the object or the soul is freed forever from the object and reincarnates or goes to whichever afterlife.
How does it know to go back?  
PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:04 pm
Gho the Girl
I don't know enough about hoodoo/voodoo to say.
Why would it be tied to those two traditions?  

TeaDidikai

Gho the Girl

PostPosted: Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:06 pm
TeaDidikai
Gho the Girl
I don't know enough about hoodoo/voodoo to say.
Why would it be tied to those two traditions?
Oh, when I made that comment about store bought dolls I was thinking about the "Do it yourself Voodoo Kit" that I see at stores.  
Pagan Fluffy Rehabilitation Center

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 56 57 58 59 60 61 ... 74 75 76 77 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games