Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply [ Shinobi Nations ]
OoC| Chat Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:13 pm
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Mad Science
Disturbed Otaku
Mad Science
Disturbed Otaku

Oh really? I haven't been around in a while, so I hadn't known that. That does make sense for a shounen though. Problem? Fight it out! Lol

I've been in guilds with "you are not allowed to kill another person's character unless that person gives you permission to" or something dumb like that lol is it something like that here? I mean, seriously no one ever dies? Lol somehow I get the feeling a medic who focuses on healing eiseijutsu would be useless.

That's exactly how it is here. No one dies unless one of the above situations is achieved. Your precious character to which you have devoted so many hours of your life is free to live out its butterflies-and-rainbows existence without the threat of having his throat slit in his sleep or accidentally wandering into a trap. You know what happens when you play D&D and you just randomly open a door in a hallway you have never been in? Most of the time nothing happens, but sometimes there is some black hole of magical doom that sucks you in and your character dies. Your character ******** dies. That's it. They're dead. Don't care if they were max level and you've had your character for more than a decade. Start over, jackass.

Lol it sucks, but it happens to everyone. I think. I've never actually played D&D. I would really love to -_-

I mean I can understand why people wouldn't want their characters to die. I don't. So many freaking hours training... and training... and training... uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. But still. Death is a thing that happens. Suck it up it's not the end of the world.

Find a game for beginners and try it out. It's way more creative than anything Gaia can offer.

And it is the exact situation that you just described that is the problem. People put hours and hours into their characters because of the system that is in place. It forces them to work endlessly on their characters because that is the only thing to do. It's not necessarily that they are attached to their characters on any emotional level; it's the amount of work poured into them because a system forces them to. You have the system A which says that power is the only universal truth (a system which is prevalent in nearly every shounen series), plus perpetual work B which is the work put into the rigid system, plus pathway C where all the work does is propel a character down the same path as every other character, which all equals D which is the non-death of virtually every character in existence. When D=A+B+C, as it does in this guild, it's a perpetual cycle of the same s**t over and over and over.

"Oh, you wanted to mind-control the Lich? Too bad undead have amazing Will saves. He casts Heightened Black Tentacles. Have fun grapplign with that s**t."

Granted if you're a cleric or a druid, your DM is gonna have a lot of fun trying to counter you. A straight-up "you died" is completely unsatisfactory. Throwing them against things immune to spells or capable to taking advantage of their s**t Reflex scores is far more satisfying. Better hope you don't incur the wrath of a named Demon Lord. Honestly if the DM wants to find a way to creatively kill you, you can't stop them.

Let us team up to kill people, you dummy.

If it were only that way. People will b***h and moan and complain about their beloved character getting anywhere near death. And as far as I know, no one is allowed to kill any character without the express consent of the character's owner - even if the character's owner is an idiot and walks their character into a trap that would normally kill them.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:16 pm
Mad Science
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Mad Science
Disturbed Otaku
Mad Science
Disturbed Otaku

Oh really? I haven't been around in a while, so I hadn't known that. That does make sense for a shounen though. Problem? Fight it out! Lol

I've been in guilds with "you are not allowed to kill another person's character unless that person gives you permission to" or something dumb like that lol is it something like that here? I mean, seriously no one ever dies? Lol somehow I get the feeling a medic who focuses on healing eiseijutsu would be useless.

That's exactly how it is here. No one dies unless one of the above situations is achieved. Your precious character to which you have devoted so many hours of your life is free to live out its butterflies-and-rainbows existence without the threat of having his throat slit in his sleep or accidentally wandering into a trap. You know what happens when you play D&D and you just randomly open a door in a hallway you have never been in? Most of the time nothing happens, but sometimes there is some black hole of magical doom that sucks you in and your character dies. Your character ******** dies. That's it. They're dead. Don't care if they were max level and you've had your character for more than a decade. Start over, jackass.

Lol it sucks, but it happens to everyone. I think. I've never actually played D&D. I would really love to -_-

I mean I can understand why people wouldn't want their characters to die. I don't. So many freaking hours training... and training... and training... uuuuuuuuuuuuuugh. But still. Death is a thing that happens. Suck it up it's not the end of the world.

Find a game for beginners and try it out. It's way more creative than anything Gaia can offer.

And it is the exact situation that you just described that is the problem. People put hours and hours into their characters because of the system that is in place. It forces them to work endlessly on their characters because that is the only thing to do. It's not necessarily that they are attached to their characters on any emotional level; it's the amount of work poured into them because a system forces them to. You have the system A which says that power is the only universal truth (a system which is prevalent in nearly every shounen series), plus perpetual work B which is the work put into the rigid system, plus pathway C where all the work does is propel a character down the same path as every other character, which all equals D which is the non-death of virtually every character in existence. When D=A+B+C, as it does in this guild, it's a perpetual cycle of the same s**t over and over and over.

"Oh, you wanted to mind-control the Lich? Too bad undead have amazing Will saves. He casts Heightened Black Tentacles. Have fun grapplign with that s**t."

Granted if you're a cleric or a druid, your DM is gonna have a lot of fun trying to counter you. A straight-up "you died" is completely unsatisfactory. Throwing them against things immune to spells or capable to taking advantage of their s**t Reflex scores is far more satisfying. Better hope you don't incur the wrath of a named Demon Lord. Honestly if the DM wants to find a way to creatively kill you, you can't stop them.

If it were only that way. People will b***h and moan and complain about their beloved character getting anywhere near death. And as far as I know, no one is allowed to kill any character without the express consent of the character's owner - even if the character's owner is an idiot and walks their character into a trap that would normally kill them.

2bad
they walk into dumb s**t, i'mma kill 'em. shouldn't have been dumb then. It's a rule, you can't be lethally stupid and expect things to be okay. As a former mod I made that a rule.  

Anonymous_Alcoholic

Lunatic

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:22 pm
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Mad Science
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Mad Science
Disturbed Otaku

2bad
they walk into dumb s**t, i'mma kill 'em. shouldn't have been dumb then. It's a rule, you can't be lethally stupid and expect things to be okay. As a former mod I made that a rule.

We should have a pair of characters that devote their lives to making traps - convoluted and not - for people to walk into. Lethal trap masters.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:24 pm
Mad Science
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Mad Science
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Mad Science
Disturbed Otaku

2bad

We should have a pair of characters that devote their lives to making traps - convoluted and not - for people to walk into. Lethal trap masters.

I'm down with that  

Anonymous_Alcoholic

Lunatic

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:40 pm
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Mad Science
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Mad Science
Anonymous_Alcoholic

2bad

I'm down with that

I am thinking puppeteers would be the most logical of all the classes to choose from. Maybe a close second would be either the musicians, sensors, or straight genjutsu classes for illusion traps. A third would be ninjutsu if fuuin traps were something that was appealing. I personally think that puppets yield more freedom since we can be expansively more creative and we would not have to worry about hitting the limit on custom techniques just to flesh out traps.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 4:48 pm
Mad Science
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Mad Science
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Mad Science
Anonymous_Alcoholic

2bad

I'm down with that

I am thinking puppeteers would be the most logical of all the classes to choose from. Maybe a close second would be either the musicians, sensors, or straight genjutsu classes for illusion traps. A third would be ninjutsu if fuuin traps were something that was appealing. I personally think that puppets yield more freedom since we can be expansively more creative and we would not have to worry about hitting the limit on custom techniques just to flesh out traps.

Oh oh I'm a puppeteer and I have fuuin jutsu! I CAN HELP! lol  

Disturbed Otaku

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 5:01 pm
Disturbed Otaku
Mad Science
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Mad Science
Anonymous_Alcoholic

2bad

I'm down with that

Oh oh I'm a puppeteer and I have fuuin jutsu! I CAN HELP! lol

What is your character's current alignment? Anon and I run pretty chaotic evil most of the time.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 6:50 pm
Kazzoh
Peacock Man!
Elegant Kitsune

You're going to be active again? It's useless.
USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS!

Or MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA whatever.  

Anonymous_Alcoholic

Lunatic

Lanfaer

Aged Genius

8,075 Points
  • Befriended 100
  • Survivor 150
  • Hygienic 200
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:38 pm
Mad Science
AandOE
The arcs that I run personally are more than just 'go bash this thing'. Kiri's current one is and has been more about the roleplay (as they requested), the investigation, etc, with the 'bashing' left on the sidelines. Suna's arcs also have quite a bit to their roleplays, but they do feature some nearly impossible situations that've led to quite a few multi-year long rpcs. That's cool, to want to stay around for character development, or death out somewhere. We've had plenty of people that've died during missions, had their stuff stolen, been exploded or squished, been lethally sickened by poison, virus, or disease, time looped, etc, but by no means was any of that without great roleplay. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's great and all, but the fact is that you have to put together the arcs and then implement them. And they eventually end. And then with the time in between arcs, it's all the same grind. Yes, after the grind you may have a shiny new character that can s**t death rainbows and fire laser beams out of his eyes, but what good does that really do you?

I just want there to be more than grinding in between waiting for someone to hammer out an arc that is not "go beat this dude up" or "go get that thing".

Working on my own guild now, I'm actually seeing the problem with this. One issue is that mods, like everyone else, have characters and lives. They cannot always be there to make things run, and if they do it's amazing, or it's s**t. When it's s**t it's because those mods want everything to be either A. Smash'em Up or B. Murder'em Up. There really isn't much variation, and when that variation falls to one or two people it gets old. Personally, I'm trying to come up with random encounters, a storyline that is member driven, where there is more emphasis on politics and forming alliances, finding mysteries and discovering the past and building a future, so that even in the down time there is more to do.

At some point there is always a time where we kinda just run out of ideas. Even in Dungeons and Dragons, though I've yet to ever grow tired of it. When we run out of ideas, though, we need to pass the reins to others so they can refresh the story pool, as it were. Unfortunately, as you've all said, there's a drive for power, and the people who usually get the power are the ones who've RPed the most and gotten that power through role playing. So when it comes to the point where now they have to make stuff for others, often they don't want to.

Mam, I love what you're doing, I do, and keep doing it. But we need more mods like you, who actually try and make things more member friendly, and give people things to do that don't involve outright combat as the only thing to do.

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 7:54 pm
Anonymous_Alcoholic
Kazzoh
Peacock Man!
Elegant Kitsune

You're going to be active again? It's useless.
USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS! USELESS!

Or MUDAMUDAMUDAMUDA whatever.

It is muda, sometimes emphasized with an extra "da" for whatever reason. Japanese is not my forte. But not only is muda, it is bakana.  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Disturbed Otaku

PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:15 pm
Lanfaer
Mad Science
AandOE
The arcs that I run personally are more than just 'go bash this thing'. Kiri's current one is and has been more about the roleplay (as they requested), the investigation, etc, with the 'bashing' left on the sidelines. Suna's arcs also have quite a bit to their roleplays, but they do feature some nearly impossible situations that've led to quite a few multi-year long rpcs. That's cool, to want to stay around for character development, or death out somewhere. We've had plenty of people that've died during missions, had their stuff stolen, been exploded or squished, been lethally sickened by poison, virus, or disease, time looped, etc, but by no means was any of that without great roleplay. User Image - Blocked by "Display Image" Settings. Click to show.

That's great and all, but the fact is that you have to put together the arcs and then implement them. And they eventually end. And then with the time in between arcs, it's all the same grind. Yes, after the grind you may have a shiny new character that can s**t death rainbows and fire laser beams out of his eyes, but what good does that really do you?

I just want there to be more than grinding in between waiting for someone to hammer out an arc that is not "go beat this dude up" or "go get that thing".

Working on my own guild now, I'm actually seeing the problem with this. One issue is that mods, like everyone else, have characters and lives. They cannot always be there to make things run, and if they do it's amazing, or it's s**t. When it's s**t it's because those mods want everything to be either A. Smash'em Up or B. Murder'em Up. There really isn't much variation, and when that variation falls to one or two people it gets old. Personally, I'm trying to come up with random encounters, a storyline that is member driven, where there is more emphasis on politics and forming alliances, finding mysteries and discovering the past and building a future, so that even in the down time there is more to do.

At some point there is always a time where we kinda just run out of ideas. Even in Dungeons and Dragons, though I've yet to ever grow tired of it. When we run out of ideas, though, we need to pass the reins to others so they can refresh the story pool, as it were. Unfortunately, as you've all said, there's a drive for power, and the people who usually get the power are the ones who've RPed the most and gotten that power through role playing. So when it comes to the point where now they have to make stuff for others, often they don't want to.

Mam, I love what you're doing, I do, and keep doing it. But we need more mods like you, who actually try and make things more member friendly, and give people things to do that don't involve outright combat as the only thing to do.

I feel like this epic speech should be followed up by a roaring applause. Sir. Please do invite me to your guild when you're done with it. I'd love to be a part of it. It sounds very interesting.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 8:30 pm
Tao Benshin

Misujage

If I were to pelt you people with gold, would you make art for me? And this goes to any other artist that stumbles upon this.  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 9:43 pm
Mad Science

If I were to pelt you people with gold, would you make art for me? And this goes to any other artist that stumbles upon this.

I won't be able to do anything until school is out in a month. Got three big art pieces to do. But after that, possibly.  
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:03 pm
Mad Science

How much are we talking here?~  

Misujage

Saint

Royal Taorito

Wrathful Cat

12,925 Points
  • Cool Cat 500
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Fri Apr 18, 2014 10:29 pm
Disturbed Otaku
I feel like this epic speech should be followed up by a roaring applause. Sir. Please do invite me to your guild when you're done with it. I'd love to be a part of it. It sounds very interesting.

You're welcome to help us with it~  
[ Shinobi Nations ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5764 5765 5766 5767 5768 5769 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games