Welcome to Gaia! ::

POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Back to Guilds

A Pokemon Roleplaying guild focused on fun and entertainment! We try to keep our members in mind in everything we do! 

Tags: Pokemon, Roleplay, RPing, Gaming, Revolution 

Reply POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ
Questions, Comments, and Concerns Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Jason Sangoku the Hero

Enduring Raider

7,850 Points
  • Money Never Sleeps 200
  • Elocutionist 200
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 7:39 pm
Loonamist
Jason Sangoku the Hero
Loonamist
Jason Sangoku the Hero
Also, is there a thread to make suggestions? Or is this it?

This is the best thread for that, yes : )

In that case, I had an idea for battle damage calculation, with evolution having some bonuses to give some purpose to evolution beyond just looking cooler and a slightly different moveset.

Baby pokemon would actually be having a detraction, being that they're pre-base stage.
Base-form/1st stage (not-evolved/evolved from baby pokemon) wouldn't have any bonuses.
1st-evolution/2nd stage pokemon would have a small bonus.
2nd-evolution/3rd stage pokemon would have a bigger bonus.
Legengary pokemon might have an even bigger bonus.

My thought is the bonus in question would be adding/subtracting a fixed number, like, say, 5, 10, and 15, and removing 5 for baby pokemon (with a minimum damage of 5).

I'm also thinking of an HP bonus in a similar fashion.

Oh :0 That's a really interesting idea. I hadn't thought about it, much. I'll mention it to the other mods for discussion, and maybe we can make a poll regarding it

Alrighty. Thanks for hearing me out. :3

ALSO! Maybe make a list of what are classified as 'Legendary Moves' for people who can't/won't look them up? ^^;  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 8:09 pm
Jason Sangoku the Hero
Loonamist
Jason Sangoku the Hero
Loonamist
Jason Sangoku the Hero
Also, is there a thread to make suggestions? Or is this it?

This is the best thread for that, yes : )

In that case, I had an idea for battle damage calculation, with evolution having some bonuses to give some purpose to evolution beyond just looking cooler and a slightly different moveset.

Baby pokemon would actually be having a detraction, being that they're pre-base stage.
Base-form/1st stage (not-evolved/evolved from baby pokemon) wouldn't have any bonuses.
1st-evolution/2nd stage pokemon would have a small bonus.
2nd-evolution/3rd stage pokemon would have a bigger bonus.
Legengary pokemon might have an even bigger bonus.

My thought is the bonus in question would be adding/subtracting a fixed number, like, say, 5, 10, and 15, and removing 5 for baby pokemon (with a minimum damage of 5).

I'm also thinking of an HP bonus in a similar fashion.

Oh :0 That's a really interesting idea. I hadn't thought about it, much. I'll mention it to the other mods for discussion, and maybe we can make a poll regarding it

Alrighty. Thanks for hearing me out. :3

ALSO! Maybe make a list of what are classified as 'Legendary Moves' for people who can't/won't look them up? ^^;

The attack list is actually being cleaned up and edited a bit at the moment, and highlight 'Legendary Moves' is part of that, so that it will be obvious which fall into that category. If you like, we can also make them into a list, but we hoped that would at least make it a bit easier for when choosing moves for Balm Mushrooms and such.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

blue carnal love

Daring Galaxy

10,625 Points
  • Unfortunate Abductee 175
  • Daring Investigator 50
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:35 pm
Loonamist

Don't....Just don't. That can easily be abused by people solely claiming and catching fully evolved Pokémon.  
PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:41 pm
Jewel of Antares
Loonamist

Don't....Just don't. That can easily be abused by people solely claiming and catching fully evolved Pokémon.

o-o;;; I see what you mean... We'll take that into consideration, too. To be honest, with what we've discussed so far, it will likely be made into a poll if anything, so the members will be able to discuss it and cast their votes.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Heiress of the Skies

PostPosted: Fri Aug 28, 2015 10:50 pm
I'll wait for the poll on the evolution boost to state my opinion on the matter. 3nodding

Anyway....I was wondering why there isn't a certain system to run into shiny Pokémon in the wild? I get giveaways and events, but....Well, running into a wild shiny is just far too thrilling. Plus, it sort of gives the impression shinies aren't available in the wild...?

Not dissing or anything, I swear! I'm just curious as to why and if there will ever be a system made to allow for that. An RNG-based system or something.  
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 1:37 am
Okay so if there's a battle of Abomasnow (ability - Snow Warning) Vs. Hippopotas (ability - Sand Stream)

Whose weather effect starts? Is it the Pokemon with the higher level? Do both take the field? That would suck, hail storm and sand storm.  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Happy 13th, Gaia Online! 50
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50
PostPosted: Sat Aug 29, 2015 8:11 am
Heiress of the Skies
I'll wait for the poll on the evolution boost to state my opinion on the matter. 3nodding

Anyway....I was wondering why there isn't a certain system to run into shiny Pokémon in the wild? I get giveaways and events, but....Well, running into a wild shiny is just far too thrilling. Plus, it sort of gives the impression shinies aren't available in the wild...?

Not dissing or anything, I swear! I'm just curious as to why and if there will ever be a system made to allow for that. An RNG-based system or something.

Mostly because shiny pokemon are so available through events, items, and the like, and we've had to focus on other things that we're trying to get done. It's also another thing we would have to track (ie, if someone has a shiny pokemon and claims it was through an encounter, we have to go back and try and find the rolls to confirm it, instead of just checking an event page). It's a definite future possibility, though, either by simply adding in another system, or through item.

Shadow - Dragon
Okay so if there's a battle of Abomasnow (ability - Snow Warning) Vs. Hippopotas (ability - Sand Stream)

Whose weather effect starts? Is it the Pokemon with the higher level? Do both take the field? That would suck, hail storm and sand storm.

The pokemon that's sent out last is the one who's ability takes over : ) So if you're encountering a wild pokemon, and release your pokemon, your pokemon's ability would take over. However, if both pokemon are already out, or it's a trainer battle, then the slower pokemon's ability would take over.  
PostPosted: Sun Aug 30, 2015 8:55 am
Was updating Achievement progress and was wondering: Will there be one for trades like there is one for stones?

(I.E. My Dusknoir but not Gengar since I got Gengar as a Gengar)  

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 2:08 am
If I have a Shelmet and a Karrablast is there a way for me to get their evolved forms without another person? Say use an NPC? If I need to use a person can I give them one, do the trade then take both evolved Pokemon back?  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:14 am
Shadow - Dragon
If I have a Shelmet and a Karrablast is there a way for me to get their evolved forms without another person? Say use an NPC? If I need to use a person can I give them one, do the trade then take both evolved Pokemon back?

I can't say much on the achievements, though I'll mention your question to Spectral, but for trades, you need to trade with another person's character. Y'all can probably just do a series of trading to get them to evolve.  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:23 am
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

I can't say much on the achievements, though I'll mention your question to Spectral, but for trades, you need to trade with another person's character. Y'all can probably just do a series of trading to get them to evolve.

In games it makes sense, not so much in the guild. But if you have both Pokemon already I don't see why you couldn't just find someone who say semi traded a Pokemon *cough*vig*cough* and do the toss back and forth to get the evolutions.  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:27 am
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist
Shadow - Dragon

In games it makes sense, not so much in the guild. But if you have both Pokemon already I don't see why you couldn't just find someone who say semi traded a Pokemon *cough*vig*cough* and do the toss back and forth to get the evolutions.

? I'm not sure I follow. I think we're saying the same thing o.o Basically you just need to interact with another character, and y'all can figure out the details, but the trade does need to occur between oc's, one way or another. I'm not sure if that's what you meant, essentially, but if so, that would be fine  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:47 am
Loonamist

>.> -throws down smoke bomb to poof away-  
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 8:54 am
Shadow - Dragon
Loonamist

>.> -throws down smoke bomb to poof away-

xD  

Loonamist
Crew

8,750 Points
  • Member 100
  • Gaian 50

Shadow - Dragon

Dangerous Lunatic

17,125 Points
  • Millionaire 200
  • Partygoer 500
PostPosted: Mon Aug 31, 2015 1:19 pm
-smoke bomb back in-

So I'm getting ready for Valerie in Laverre City only to discover the first Pokemon only has three moves instead of four, is that intentional?  
POKEMON: Eᴛᴇʀɴᴀʟ Rᴇᴠᴏʟᴜᴛɪᴏɴ

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 141 142 143 144 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games