Welcome to Gaia! ::

The Official Warhammer 40,000 and Tabletop Gaming Guild

Back to Guilds

The Official Gaian Home of Tabletop Gaming 

Tags: Games Workshop, Tabletop, Warhammer, Gaming, Wargaming 

Reply Painting and Modelling Discussion
Painting Advice/Show-off thread. Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

Inenor

PostPosted: Sun Jan 24, 2010 9:15 pm
that suit looks good i like the choices of color and how you applied them smile  
PostPosted: Mon Jan 25, 2010 12:56 pm
Inenor
that suit looks good i like the choices of color and how you applied them smile

first i used dark angel green because the scorpion green is 2 liquid and had 2 take many layers then i put on the scorpion green. then the the ultramarine blue i just thought randomly where 2 put it and thats how it went out 2 be  

x-InsigNia-x

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Sun Jan 31, 2010 12:20 pm
User Image

Bad camera skills are bad.
Just some new work on my nids.
Trying to get my colour scheme right, and testing the effects I will be using.
Hurriedly and rushed, but it achieved the effect I am looking for.
Thoughts?
I will be blending at water consistency the claws in final, and the teeth as well.
The Adrenal came out just perfect, going to highlight the black with red drybrush.
skin is exactly what I am looking for, as well as the darkness of the carapace. Also I will blend the carapace more from dark blue into black in the final.  
PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 6:50 pm
Just finished cropping the photos of some Inquisitorial henchmen I was working on.

Daemon Hunter Acolyte

Mystic, Sage, and Hierophant

here's some older stuff that I just dugg up
Cadian tossing nades
Sly Marbo
Catachan Missile Launcher Team - Hayabusa jacket
Abaddon the Despoiler
Typhus
Zonethrope  

Rey_Za_Burrel

Caleidah

Eloquent Lunatic

PostPosted: Tue Feb 09, 2010 7:46 pm
Very nice stuff. I've not seen you around before, but you've got a good start off here in the guild. Welcome, and I hope to see some more of your work.  
PostPosted: Thu Feb 11, 2010 9:58 pm
Thanks ^_^ I used to lurk around like two years ago on the forum but kinda got swamped with course work... now that I've graduated and look'n for a job I've kinda gotten back into this  

Rey_Za_Burrel

x-InsigNia-x

PostPosted: Fri Feb 19, 2010 8:22 am
Rey_Za_Burrel
Thanks ^_^ I used to lurk around like two years ago on the forum but kinda got swamped with course work... now that I've graduated and look'n for a job I've kinda gotten back into this

wow you zoanthrope is awesome and its old school as well looks similar scheme to my friends but better wow 5/5  
PostPosted: Sun Mar 28, 2010 10:48 am
Well, I just played in a tournament last night (through this morning), and while I only tied for 4th combat-wise, I got Best Army Appearance for my Imperial Guard, and the associated $30 dollar gift certificate. smile Will take new pictures and post them down the line.  

DarkElf27
Captain

Familiar Guildsman

11,250 Points
  • Guildmember 100
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Elocutionist 200

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Mon Mar 29, 2010 10:23 pm
DarkElf27
Well, I just played in a tournament last night (through this morning), and while I only tied for 4th combat-wise, I got Best Army Appearance for my Imperial Guard, and the associated $30 dollar gift certificate. smile Will take new pictures and post them down the line.

Do want (to see)!  
PostPosted: Mon May 03, 2010 5:35 pm
Ok all i need some painting advice. How does one get bright yellows (like sunburst) to look good, mine have a tendency to streak. I was told that doing a base of Dheneb Stone would work, and while it helped i still seem to be having issues. my poor test ork looks so sad, lol!  

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
  • Little Bunny Foo Foo 100

x-InsigNia-x

PostPosted: Tue May 04, 2010 6:53 am
Umm the guys at GW told me to use the foundation iyanden yellow as the base for the yellow and it ought to stop the streaks from the watery sunburst yellow.  
PostPosted: Tue May 11, 2010 8:42 pm
So my very first models are painted, and i'm pretty pleased with them. I've been told by a few guys in the shop that i'm one of the best beginner painters they've seen:
Your thoughts?? *runs off to post a pic*

ok took some time (cam issue but here they are) click the thumbnail to make bigger. the second is of the one back, i'm quite proud of the purple stitching on his butt.

User Image

User Image

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400

bjs.09-00

PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 8:58 pm
Rey Za Burrel:
Might I suggest Washes for your Typhus?
I'd say hit him with a thraka wash and he could be a putrid ol' Nurgly boyo. razz
Levina:
I also suggest you take some washes, specifically thraka green to your ork's skin, and delvan to your leather.
I have found that with washes, I can sort of "bring together" my painting.
That's why I suggest all of us newer painters get a set, and have a wide range of tones and tints for our chosen pallette. 3nodding
Also, expect a large update soon, got a leman russ in the works, a very Khorney Berserker, and an old mini from an obscure boardgame.  
PostPosted: Tue May 18, 2010 9:08 pm
humm did both those washes, must not be dark enough. i'll run another coat.  

Levina-jade

Lady Bunny

33,515 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Perfect Attendance 400
Painting and Modelling Discussion

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 55 56 57 58 59 60 ... 78 79 80 81 [>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games