Welcome to Gaia! ::

Shinobi Nations ( Naruto Rp Guild )

Back to Guilds

Gaia's most ambitious guild. Now updating! 

Tags: Naruto, Boruto, Villages, Ninja, Shinobi 

Reply [ Shinobi Nations ]
OoC| Chat Room Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Quick Reply

Enter both words below, separated by a space:

Can't read the text? Click here

Submit

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:00 pm
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
That was my way o' thinkin', too. I was just curious if anyone else thought that way. Also, you commented on the Tai thing, but you didn't comment on any of the other stuff.

Concerning the thing about the face paint, perhaps the actual ability of the kekkai genkai would be to induce different effects with their skin pigments, which could then in turn influence their genjutsu. Like, rudimentary abilities would be maybe changing their skin pigment to look like scary clowns and that is one level of fear. However, when they get stronger they perhaps can induce their skin pigments further and display more gruesome or frightening images like an oni mask eyeballs appearing all over their body or tentacles appearing somewhere.

Obviously these effects are not really happening, but inside the genjutsu they are.

Interestin' idea. But, perhaps we could go a different route with that? Like say, their face paint changes at each rank, being more diversified the higher rank they are? But, the "standard" face-paint...image...thing would be a clown's basic style. Just white background, heavy eye-shadow and black lips. I mean, after all, Genjutsu is only limited to the imagination of the user, so, showing someone images of eyes or tentacles popping up all over or oni masks and things like that would be a cinch for anyone creative enough to think of them.

What does the diversification do? If you go with the creativity angle, all you technically have to do is trap someone in a "chakra field" (since all genjutsu really is is disrupting the flow of someone's chakra in order to manipulate their mind) and have at it. You wouldn't need diverse faces if you could force them to experience any kind of fear you wanted in the first place.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:12 pm
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
That was my way o' thinkin', too. I was just curious if anyone else thought that way. Also, you commented on the Tai thing, but you didn't comment on any of the other stuff.

Concerning the thing about the face paint, perhaps the actual ability of the kekkai genkai would be to induce different effects with their skin pigments, which could then in turn influence their genjutsu. Like, rudimentary abilities would be maybe changing their skin pigment to look like scary clowns and that is one level of fear. However, when they get stronger they perhaps can induce their skin pigments further and display more gruesome or frightening images like an oni mask eyeballs appearing all over their body or tentacles appearing somewhere.

Obviously these effects are not really happening, but inside the genjutsu they are.

Interestin' idea. But, perhaps we could go a different route with that? Like say, their face paint changes at each rank, being more diversified the higher rank they are? But, the "standard" face-paint...image...thing would be a clown's basic style. Just white background, heavy eye-shadow and black lips. I mean, after all, Genjutsu is only limited to the imagination of the user, so, showing someone images of eyes or tentacles popping up all over or oni masks and things like that would be a cinch for anyone creative enough to think of them.

What does the diversification do? If you go with the creativity angle, all you technically have to do is trap someone in a "chakra field" (since all genjutsu really is is disrupting the flow of someone's chakra in order to manipulate their mind) and have at it. You wouldn't need diverse faces if you could force them to experience any kind of fear you wanted in the first place.

What do the little purple triangle tats on the Inuzuka family do? Nothin'. Ever thought they might just diversify the face-paint just 'cause they are crazy ********' bastards with no sense as to why they're doin' that? (Sorry if I sounded like an a**. I wasn't meanin' to. I was actually bein' sarcastic.)  

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:16 pm
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin

What do the little purple triangle tats on the Inuzuka family do? Nothin'. Ever thought they might just diversify the face-paint just 'cause they are crazy ********' bastards with no sense as to why they're doin' that? (Sorry if I sounded like an a**. I wasn't meanin' to. I was actually bein' sarcastic.)

I'm the type of person that prefers function over form. I usually don't make something or use something for superfluous reasons. And it's fine. No harm, no foul.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:28 pm
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin

I'm the type of person that prefers function over form. I usually don't make something or use something for superfluous reasons. And it's fine. No harm, no foul.

Well, it does have a function. But, a realistic function, not one that effects their Jutsu usage. Have you ever heard of "warpaint"? (Bein' totally serious here.) Their face-paint thing works much the same way, they just take much more pleasure out of it than would normally be appropriate.  

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 7:48 pm
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin

Well, it does have a function. But, a realistic function, not one that effects their Jutsu usage. Have you ever heard of "warpaint"? (Bein' totally serious here.) Their face-paint thing works much the same way, they just take much more pleasure out of it than would normally be appropriate.

So the effect is psychological.  
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:22 pm
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin

They wouldn't be Genjutsu users if they weren't trying to seriously scar someone for life.

Also, three things:
1) I'm going to bed.
2) Are you cosplaying as Cthulhu?
3) How old are you? (I know it's rude to ask a girl how old she is, but, I never can get a straight answer unless I ask straightforwardly.)

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200
PostPosted: Mon Jun 17, 2013 8:35 pm
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin

They wouldn't be Genjutsu users if they weren't trying to seriously scar someone for life.

Also, three things:
1) I'm going to bed.
3) How old are you? (I know it's rude to ask a girl how old she is, but, I never can get a straight answer unless I ask straightforwardly.)

Eldritch thingy. None of them specifically. And I am 23.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 1:05 am
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin
Victorian Clockwork
Hadaka Kyoujin

Also, three things:
1) I'm going to bed.

Eldritch thingy. None of them specifically. And I am 23.

Sorry, I've been trying to recall what you're meanin' by "Eldritch," but, unfortunately, I can't seem to. It sounds irritatingly familiar, yet I can't place my finger on it. Also, ah, to both of those. I actually expected you to be 15-20. Not because of any personality perimeters or anything. I just expected that.  

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100

Ningishzida

Demonic Gatekeeper

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:32 am
Hadaka Kyoujin

Don't know what y'all are talkin bout' but I figured I'd just say this as a sarcastic off comment. As a Genjutsu user my goal isn't to scar someone, it's to turn their brains into mush and make them a vegetable. (If that sounds harsh or something my bad, but it's the truth. I'd rather kill someone than scar em'))

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 7:45 am
Girl? o.o''  

chrissy b e a n

Hygienic Gawker

10,600 Points
  • Citizen 200
  • Friendly 100
  • First step to fame 200

Hadaka Kyoujin

Shirtless Lunatic

8,550 Points
  • Conventioneer 300
  • Bunny Spotter 50
  • Happy Birthday! 100
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 8:43 am
All Who Have Fallen
Hadaka Kyoujin

Don't know what y'all are talkin bout' but I figured I'd just say this as a sarcastic off comment. As a Genjutsu user my goal isn't to scar someone, it's to turn their brains into mush and make them a vegetable. (If that sounds harsh or something my bad, but it's the truth. I'd rather kill someone than scar em'))

Scarring someone and turning their brains into mush are just two different versions of the same thing, plus, you'd kill someone a lot more efficiently if you scared them and gave them a heart attack, rather than turn their brain into mush.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:54 pm
digital m u f f i n s
Girl? o.o''

-Snicker, snicker.-  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Hinaba

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 4:59 pm
Victorian Clockwork
digital m u f f i n s
Girl? o.o''

-Snicker, snicker.-

Du bist nicht eine Frau.  
PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:00 pm
Hinaba
Victorian Clockwork
digital m u f f i n s
Girl? o.o''

-Snicker, snicker.-

Du bist nicht eine Frau.

Wie weisst du?  

der Haku

Business Tycoon

9,700 Points
  • Marathon 300
  • Partygoer 500
  • Millionaire 200

Hinaba

PostPosted: Tue Jun 18, 2013 5:02 pm
Victorian Clockwork
Hinaba
Victorian Clockwork
digital m u f f i n s
Girl? o.o''

-Snicker, snicker.-

Du bist nicht eine Frau.

Wie weisst du?

Ich bin deine Schwester.  
[ Shinobi Nations ]

Goto Page: [] [<<] [<<] [<] 1 2 3 ... 5666 5667 5668 5669 5670 5671 ... 5906 5907 5908 5909 [>] [>>] [>>] [»|]

Manage Your Items
Other Stuff
Get GCash
Offers
Get Items
More Items
Where Everyone Hangs Out
Other Community Areas
Virtual Spaces
Fun Stuff
Gaia's Games
Mini-Games